Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB in Blanch down for 5 hours now

• 03-10-2005 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

IBB has been down for over 5 hours now in Blanchardstown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

bubby wrote:
    IBB has been down for over 5 hours now in Blanchardstown.

What mast are you on?

Not at home but i am on the atrium.

confirmed 36k average since 10:15 this morning, atrium mast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

As always near perfect (~1.9Mbps) connection from RTE Mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Its peak usage time, and theres next to no packetloss! WTF is going on? Have IBB finally got off their asses and resolved the numerous capacity issues they had on their servers? I hope to god they have and they keep it fixed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well, I am still having issues.

• Advertisement

bubby wrote:
    well, I am still having issues.

Still the same at 6:30 this morning

Theres probably no packetloss for me because they've knocked a bunch of customers offline meaning less people choking up the network for the rest of us. I really do have very little faith left in IBB.

It was still too slow this morning where I was too. I had to drive 20 miles to an alternative source ..

Yesterday, I told IBB that they could give me an explanation for the downtime and an apology .. or come get their equipment.

This morning at 9.15 i got a call asking if they could collect their equipment tomorrow. Problem is, I won't be working from home anymore as I don't have an internet connection. So, they will have to wait until the next day I take off (next year) .. or fix the connection.

I gave them my solicitor's address for further contact. had enough with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

irlrobins wrote:
    As always near perfect (~1.9Mbps) connection from RTE Mast.

Well yer doing well getting on the RTE mast from blanch.

My IBB was fine yesterday got good pings too, im on the atruim. But today its gone dog slow cant game and my email took over an hour before I stoped it. I bearly got this posted and it took me long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Well yer doing well getting on the RTE mast from blanch.

lmfao! some singal from Blanch to RTE is right !!

• Advertisement

Spooky it was all your fault then ;-)

Weird mine is getting better, almost back to normal.
    Tracing route to boards.ie [82.195.136.36]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms - [firewall]
    2 70 ms 37 ms 20 ms 83.141.64.65
    3 146 ms 62 ms 78 ms dn40-fe-0-0-0-331-ballycoolin.irishbroadband.ie
    [62.231.52.149]
    4 73 ms 78 ms 170 ms dn04-fe-1-3-0-352-guinness.irishbroadband.ie [83
    .141.117.185]
    5 131 ms 89 ms 194 ms dn42-as0-0-ibis-access.irishbroadband.ie [62.231
    .52.153]
    6 150 ms 202 ms * dn42-ae0-50-ibis-gw.irishbroadband.ie [62.231.52
    .157]
    7 127 ms 123 ms 143 ms suez-inex.hosting365.ie [193.242.111.23]
    8 146 ms 127 ms 140 ms corerouter1.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.7]
    9 121 ms * 129 ms boards.ie [82.195.136.36]

Trace complete.

Drapper wrote:
    lmfao! some singal from Blanch to RTE is right !!

Yea yea, obviously i'm not in Blanch. Just pointing out that the whole network isn't gone fubar.

The whole net work never goes fubar.

I tried playing some UT on UIE tonight and my pings were up at 600- 900. Couldent play obiously. Boards is real slow also. It took me to attempts to get to the BB fourm. For a minute there I though IBB were trying to stop me posting my problems.

Im almost out of my contract and NTL has come. So i`ll be saying bye bye To IBB soon I think.

Well, I got my phoneline in the house connected today!! I gave IBB a choice yesterday when it was down from 10am to 5pm. It took them 4 hours to escalate the issue "cause not enough people had complained". Did you ever hear the likes of it!!

Anyways, told them if they didn't get back to me with an explanation as to what is going on that they could come out and collect their gear! They rang this morning. I told them I cannot work from home anymore becuase I don't have a reliable internet connection => I have to go into work and would not be around to let them in. They have to wait until I have an alternative.
    I cancelled the direct debit today.

I explained the situation to the girl this morning who rang, gave her my solicitor's address and she said she would call me back. Nobody called!!
    Internet is still connected.!

Roll on new adsl connection.

BTW - the problem with IBB is that they are not giving the 2MB lines since they have got more customers they have increased contention (which they actually have no way to monitor). They are taking money off customers for increasing lines (1MB to 2MB for example) etc and NOT increasing them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

bubby wrote:
    BTW - the problem with IBB is that they are not giving the 2MB lines since they have got more customers they have increased contention (which they actually have no way to monitor). They are taking money off customers for increasing lines (1MB to 2MB for example) etc and NOT increasing them at all.

What are you basing this on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It doesn't matter whether they monitor it or not, they clearly don't give a **** either way as many people experience speeds below the minimum speed implied by the contention ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shaney Seanie

for the first time in months ive been getting good speeds since yesterday. it had been a complete joke up to now. i can actually do things like listen to streaming audio. And i can surf the web at the same time. im in harolds cross on the 2mb conection and the guinnesses mast. its flying along very nicely. i hope its not just until everyone elses problems are sorted...

anyway, i rang towards the end of august and complained that the service was crap and that i didnt want to pay until it was sorted and they agreed and didnt take the standing order last month and gave me a months credit. they started charging again this month and i was going to complain again seeing as they never actually got back to me like they said they would but then the speeds got good so i didnt bother.

pete wrote:
    What are you basing this on?

Someone who worked there told me

Packetloss is at 3% now... and its not even peak hours yet. I predict a rapid decline to the usual 15%+ packetloss.

i would have thought you're right in the middle of a peak period?

• Advertisement

Nah, peak period would be when residential users would be at home, from 7 - 9pm. Thats when it'd get used the most.

Mine is still screwed up. Im downloading at 40k and uploads are non existant. I havent tried to game on line im afraid what my pings are going to be like. I`ll ring and complain tomorrow. I was too busy to ring them today, but I had kida hoped it might be fixed when I got home today. Who was I kidding im dealing with IBB!

i take it all back they really improved since yesterday. Yesterday pings were lie 900 to the UIE server. Today im getting around the 350 mark such a bit improvement.

Note the sarcasn in this post!

noted ;-) because mine is still a bit rocky to say the least

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms - [firewall]
    2 88 ms 109 ms 89 ms 83.141.64.65
    3 329 ms 216 ms 572 ms DN40-fe-0-0-0-331-ballycoolin.irishbroadband.ie
    [62.231.52.149]
    4 128 ms 235 ms 164 ms DN04-fe-1-3-0-352-guinness.irishbroadband.ie [83
    .141.117.185]
    5 * * 256 ms DN42-as0-0-ibis-access.irishbroadband.ie [62.231
    .52.153]
    6 179 ms 141 ms 153 ms DN42-ae0-50-ibis-gw.irishbroadband.ie [62.231.52
    .157]
    7 184 ms 168 ms 226 ms suez-inex.hosting365.ie [193.242.111.23]
    8 201 ms 195 ms * corerouter1.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.7]
    9 168 ms 168 ms 252 ms boards.ie [82.195.136.36]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Get rid of IBB. I did last month and I can tell you its a great feeling not to be getting ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭todd10k

1 Month and a half ago, i sent an email to darren brooks, supervisor of the customer care dept at IBB. i told him "i have had enough" with IBB, and that i was canceling the direct debit. i have 2 months left on my contract. no IBB rep has telephoned me on my contact address, and their mast still sits on my roof. aint heard a word from them, but at least im no longer forking out cash. i expect to hear from them soon, as metro is coming. im without an internet connection, so i need metro to come soon :)

im gonna send a mail to the metro rep on boards. im in blanch, so i know how crap their service is.

Aubhall Those trace routs are very similar to mine that I did last night.

Metro is comming i head some one say. I must look into this one I know nothing about them.

I just got off the phong to IBB. They tell me that a router has gone down on the atrium in D15 and that they are replacing it today. They had better do this or i`ll be ringing them tomorrow and ghiving them a lot of grief. The guy dident give me a time it would be fixed at so im assuming it will be dont by close of busniess today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I just got off the phong to IBB. They tell me that a router has gone down on the atrium in D15 and that they are replacing it today. They had better do this or i`ll be ringing them tomorrow and ghiving them a lot of grief. The guy dident give me a time it would be fixed at so im assuming it will be dont by close of busniess today.

think thats a fob spooky!!

• Advertisement

Whats a FOB?

Advertisement