Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB in Blanch down for 5 hours now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Id say stopping payment is one sure to make them pay attention to our problems. Why should they care how long it takes them to fix things if they are still getting paid for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

If the ESB deprive you of service for a certian amount of time they get a big slap on the wrist from the goverment. Nothing happens to IBB though for not delevering but it should. They guy yesterday told me to try ping on game servers that they should be better. I could not connect to any game server for more than 5 seconds. He told me to turn off peer to peer sharing when browsing the web. I did this and I counted to 116 while trying to load up my xfire profile, not an advanced web page by any means. So that they say on the phone is bull i think.

Check your contract, when my BT line went down they actually had the cheek to say that 'in my contract it states that they do not have to provide a working service'
    I checked...its true :(

Yeah youre probabally right. I`ll check it out as i also wanted so see what other back doors they had made for them selfs in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

Yeah youre probabally right. I`ll check it out as i also wanted so see what other back doors they had made for them selfs in there.

IBB are stating to me that they hope to have it sorted by monday.

work going on now and more due in 2 weeks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

aubhall wrote:
    IBB are stating to me that they hope to have it sorted by monday.

work going on now and more due in 2 weeks time.

Did you get any other details.
    What are they claiming is the problem?

• Advertisement

arcane99 wrote:
    Did you get any other details.
    What are they claiming is the problem?

No other details, had trouble getting that out of them.

Has anyone got a response from IBB to when their going to sort their breeze system out.

Well as of 3pm today ( Monday ) it was still not fixed. I couldent even tax my car online on www.motortax.ie today I had to wait till I came in to work to do it. That would be really funny telling the guards I wasent able to tax my car cause of IBB, if the gaurd had IBB him self I know id get off light. So I had to tax my car when I went into work. Imagine my boss giving out to me for abuse of the net taxing my car. Would I get off the hook by telling him well I have IBB at home, and him saying ` well im very sorry to hear that.

Also look at my BFV sig it says last on OCT 9. Thats how long its been since I could play online games. You know why OCT 9 thats cause it was a Sunday and I was in my brothers on his eircom connection, last time I played on my IBB connection was the Sunday before that. Its over 3 weeks since my BB was any use for anything.

Has any one else in D15 got their connections sorted today?
    Sorry for the rant its just that im with IBB.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

nothing for it than to organise a demonstration outside their offices i say - they won't be able to put us on hold and tell us that our call 'is important to us' then! pack of ****.

I tell ya there is some merit to that idea. But I doubt that will do any good either. They are very good at turning a blind eye to their customers problems.

• Advertisement

I agree unless there is someone here who is used to dealing with the media i.e. a spindoctor before ibb put there own spin on it.

Did you notice any improvement after monday aubhall after IBB did their work. I dident and now from what you say we will have to wait another 2 weeks before the lift a finger again. I figured this new problem would hit the 2 month mark again. It seems to be a thing with them all problems take 2 months to fix. I rember when I had my last problem dreading the next one cause I gusses it would be another 2 month wait and it`s looking like I wont be wrong. Even though I want to be wrong!

Speed shot up last night after 9.00pm.
    I was getting 890kbps connection. I think its the first time I have seen that number on IBB. Very little packet loss and pings steady at 40ms to google.

But, of course, back to the normal dial up speed today.
    58 kbps at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

I've been getting in or around ISDN speeds from my 2mb/2mb breeze off Ballycoolin for 2 weeks now. Haven't had time to hound IBB, just a couple of calls and emails. Got this from them today
    Due to our rapid growth in the last three months, our customer base has doubled. We are in the process of upgrading this site. The planning and licensing has been completed and we have now scheduled this upgrade for the start of november. In the mean time we are doing our utmost to optimise the performance on our network. It is however likely that you will experience some degradation in your service level until this upgrade work is complete. We really appreciate your patience on this matter and would like to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to restore your service to optimal performance levels. We will keep you updated on a weekly basis with regard to the work schedule and will notify you of any changes to our schedule.

To be perfectly honest, that's good enough for me. Normal browsing is fine even under these conditions, and all i want is confirmation that they were doing something about getting things back to normal.

Anyway it's not like I can switch - even at this stage, nobody can provide me with DSL (one of the hardships of living in the wilds of deepest Dublin 15 I guess) and even if they could, where else can you get 2mb upload?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

To be perfectly honest, that's good enough for me. Normal browsing is fine even under these conditions, and all i want is confirmation that they were doing something about getting things back to normal.
    Well, its not fine for me. I've been experiencing problems for at least the last 6 weeks. At times my connection was completely unusable. I've contacted them numerous times, each time promised a ring back from 2nd line, but never got one. I don't call timing out trying to open webpages "normal browsing". I don't think downloading a 400kB file in 2 minutes is normal either. Grr argh! Dialup can match that.

Its completely their own fault this happened, they knew how many people they were signing up, they knew how many their backhaul could support, they could have easily predicted this problem and avoided it completely if they could have been bothered!

I sent em off an email strongly hinting i'd like a refund for at least one months connection, or at least be very apologetic. Lets see how long til it gets ignored...

Did you notice any improvement after monday aubhall after IBB did their work. I dident and now from what you say we will have to wait another 2 weeks before the lift a finger again. I figured this new problem would hit the 2 month mark again. It seems to be a thing with them all problems take 2 months to fix. I rember when I had my last problem dreading the next one cause I gusses it would be another 2 month wait and it`s looking like I wont be wrong. Even though I want to be wrong!

Yes it got worse.

I think mine improved slightly. It think it went from 20k to about 40k. But I still cant use VIOP or game at all so im paying for something I dont want..... 40K downloads. Their adds imply I should be getting over 200K downloads. My uploads never go above 10k. So im getting like less than a rip wave service at the best of times. And the best speeds im getting only depend on the time of day.

I think mine improved slightly. It think it went from 20k to about 40k. But I still cant use VIOP or game at all so im paying for something I dont want..... 40K downloads. Their adds imply I should be getting over 200K downloads. My uploads never go above 10k. So im getting like less than a rip wave service at the best of times. And the best speeds im getting only depend on the time of day.

Yep know the feeling so where to next...

Sent a lovely replay to IBB's last e-mail any joy with a refund for this month?

Where to next local TD? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I'd suggest having word with maybe Joe Higgins :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

organise a demonstration outside their offices i say

great idea.. subscribed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sudurban_blues

Actually picketing them may be the only thing that will put the fire under their ass. Otherwise it's just fob, fob, fob... until you fall into resignation. Reralistically how much time can we spend on hold trying to get some customer support?:confused:

Given that they're spending 1million on their advertising campaign, a demonstration could actually inflict very significant damage, diverting the intended effect of their marketing,

It may make no difference at all though as they dont seem to try do any thing about the bad press they have already gotten. Its well known how bad they are now.

I just got off the phone to IBB. I thought id ring as its almost been bad for about a month now. In the last 2 days my dload`s had improved a good but. I was getting like 20k and am not getting about 60-70kb My uploads went from 10-25 Kb in the same time. I still can not use VOIP or play any online games though as my up load is not goot enough and I seem to be loosing packets. Xfire cant get pings from game servers and so my games cant either.
    The guy on the phone said they were due to upgrade the atrium high site but couldent say when. He said `if I could just hang on a few more mon.t.h..... sorry weeks, it should be fixed` direct quote. Im sure the months reference was only a slip of the toung. But a few more weeks after its been a month is not good. But at least the dload speed is improving. I did see my dloads hit 110kb at 1 am last night but thats as good as it gets and it only stayed like that for a few mins then back to 70kb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

On the phone now to complain to em. FFS i'm getting just over 20% packetloss! Its unusable! Gaming is impossible (be it WoW or heaven forbid... CounterStrike). Just downloaded a 436kB installer in 4 minutes. Quite impressive. Just over dialup, w00t!

Well just when I had some good news to report, ie: 70Kb dloads. I go home for lunch and find that im getting 20kb at 18:00. But it did then go up to 35Kb but not great. Some peak time that.

Well its 5 weeks and counting and the upgrade work on Atrium is still pending. I got my invoice from IBB for the full 48 yoyo for getting a small fraction of the service I was promised. The guys on the phone have no idea when the upgrade is due to happen just that it will. Has any one on here got any idea as to when this will happen as people on these forums Seem to know then the IBB tech guys them selfs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

there's a lot of wishful thinking and hoping involved, but i do wonder if when i get home this evening that my ibb connection is magically fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

vinks wrote:
    there's a lot of wishful thinking and hoping involved, but i do wonder if when i get home this evening that my ibb connection is magically fixed.

Anytime i checked i was getting 2mb/2mb over the long weekend off ballycoolin. back to "normal" (closer to 400/400) now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

pete wrote:
    Anytime i checked i was getting 2mb/2mb over the long weekend off ballycoolin. back to "normal" (closer to 400/400) now though.

its been pretty damn crap for me over the last few days. i dont mind the crap speeds, what i do care about latency/packetloss, high latency and packet loss just ruins interactive ssh sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

mine for tonight........
    1 DN22-fe-0-0-1-418-killiney.irishbroadband.ie (83.141.67.1) 101.907 ms 117.653 ms *
    2 * DN02-fe-1-3-1-320-3rock.irishbroadband.ie (62.231.52.37) 521.491 ms *
    3 * DN03-as1-0-tallaght.irishbroadband.ie (62.231.52.186) 768.032 ms *
    4 * DN42-as1-0-ibis-access.irishbroadband.ie (62.231.52.134) 292.851 ms *
    5 * DN42-ae0-50-ibis-gw.irishbroadband.ie (62.231.52.157) 467.885 ms *

Packets:75% loss
    Cannot do anything browsing feels like using a dialup modem makes me wanna cry:mad:

Advertisement