Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB in Blanch down for 5 hours now

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I heard 2 weeks ago that there may be some work on Atruim this weekend. Lets hope there is something to that. I cant be sure how accurate that information is. Be nice to have it working by next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

sorry lads they are masters of fob! they have run out of backhual bandwidth and have "ordered more" (inside info) and the conjestion will continue until around Deceber when the licence the have applied for (to increase the bandwidht) is granted and the put in place the right bandwidth (yeah right) !!

Ever wondered why RTE and Tallaght seems to have no problem as they have fibre links from the mast! most others have radio links which are clogged up!

As for the Atrium in Blach, they must have lost the keys for the switch room as Ive never heard a good storey about that!! seems to be a router they would like to forget!

A disgrace if you ask me !

I think the media are ignoring it tbh!!

Yeah December sounds about right as when ever this happens its always 2 months before its sorted. That must be how long it takes to get a licence from com reg to increase their capacity. They must wait till they run out of it then apply for more. I wonder if our problems are partly to be blamed on com reg being so slow to sign a bit of paper to allow IBB to respond to customer demand.
    My contract is up in december.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Drapper wrote:
    sorry lads they are masters of fob! they have run out of backhual bandwidth and have "ordered more" (inside info) and the conjestion will continue until around Deceber when the licence the have applied for (to increase the bandwidht) is granted and the put in place the right bandwidth (yeah right) !!

Ever wondered why RTE and Tallaght seems to have no problem as they have fibre links from the mast! most others have radio links which are clogged up!

As for the Atrium in Blach, they must have lost the keys for the switch room as Ive never heard a good storey about that!! seems to be a router they would like to forget!

A disgrace if you ask me !

I think the media are ignoring it tbh!!

I can guarantee they wont ignore a demonstration.
    If you can get at least 20 people together
    Advise the press before you do one and it will be national news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

After 5 weeks, Siac mast back up to speed.
    880kbps

How long will this last.

Confidence in IBB is long gone.

• Advertisement

Are youre pings good and where is that mast BTW?

Well after 5 or 6 weeks they have finally resolved the issue of D15`d bad high site. Im downloading at 220 and uploading at a similar rate. I can now get my email and browse web sites. I can now get onto game servers with out getting connection problems striaght away.
    How long will this last though 1,2 months who knows. Also now that I can game again im still on pings of 120-150 but at least I can play. I go to my brothers 1 meg IBB connection in D15 and get pings of 20-50, why 100 more in D15. Why is the d15 high site a second class citizen compared to the RTE high site my brother is on. Well im still getting away from IBB as soon as I can, it will go down again as soon as they get a load more new punters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

i dont know about others, ibb for me was okayish this morning.... then it gradually got worse, but at least its better than it was last week. im still seeing between 5 to 20% packet loss, its unpredictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Woo! 30% packetloss... again!

omfg thats the worst ping chard I've ever seen !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

Why is the d15 high site a second class citizen

which one? atrium, ballycoolin or clonsilla?
    Ping statistics for 82.195.136.250:
    Packets: Sent = 44, Received = 44, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 11ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 14ms

that's from ballycoolin just now.

that looks like someone's plonked a slowly swaying tree in between you and the high site.

pete wrote:
    that looks like someone's plonked a slowly swaying tree in between you and the high site.

hummm sounds like a IBB fob, you sure you dont work for them ? :p

sure the trees have no leaves now can't use that excuse.........

Drapper wrote:
    hummm sounds like a IBB fob, you sure you dont work for them ? :p

sure the trees have no leaves now can't use that excuse.........
    ah but not all trees are deciduous....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 GS404

Ahh, well, I was one of the guys on here, that read all the bad reviews and thought, any kind of internet will work....I'll give it a try.

First they hocked us up to the Clonsilla mast....when the techies left we had an "just okay" connection.
    Problem though...they gave us the wrong Subnet mask, luckily we thought that it seemed wrong, and fixed it ourself, but I called em to check anyway. Result...10 mins on the phone, and the answer was: Yea, thats the wrong one, you should have 255....Eh? yea!?!?!? Took us 10secs to see....

Few days later....hardly any connection, getting 8kbs constantly, this is on the 2mb/2mb....I called their support again, get informed that yea, theres around a 50% packet loss on my line....gee thanks! Get informed that the tech will check up on the line and call me back. 20 mins later comes the callback, yea we've "done" something to the line, should be better now, but will need a techie out to your house as well. Eh...okay.
    So in under a week, they had to send somebody out to fix the line..

When I came home the line was dead. no Signal what so ever. So whatever he did, he did it in reverse! :confused:

I called them the next day and gave out F*** - Result, tech would urge the schulding department to come out to my place, that was on a tuesday, (had it installed the wednesday before) get promissed 120% to receive a call and a techie would be out the same week....monday next week...still no call.
    I call em and give out ****. But its a bank holiday and the guys there are only "partimers" and cannot do anything as nobody else is in.....eh?
    Tuesday, still no callback, call em again, gets a nice guy on the phone, who can see that there is problems and is supprised that nothing has happened, promissed to call the shecduling department straight away, and flag it to them...but as it was 5 mins to 5 and they close at 5, I shouldnt expect a callback that day...........3 mins later I got the call. :D

Got the techies out next day, first thing out the guys mounth..."This should never have been installed" - WTF!?!?!
    - Seems they have other companies, set up the antennas for them, and they get paid for each one they set up. So they just smack it up and leave it as it is....
    They changed my connection to Ballycoolin, which then gave us an improvement of between 4-12DB! - Was going from 13-20 before, now we got 24 consantly.... nice one.

I called em and told em that either we canceled the entire thing, or they gave us a cut in the price. So we got a months free connection, as they are working on digging more cables down up there...fair enuff, if it was working...

Then it worked okay, slow 30kb/s but stabile - for 2 days then at 12pm. the flipping thing broke down COMPLETLY and been like this sinces thursday.

Now they need somebody else out to fix the antenna, so that it will work again.

Well, tell ye what. They will be picking the bleeding thing up from my front lawn! and they can bring it to the junk yard where it belongs.

Digiweb, give me two secs and I'll be signing up with you guys..... :v:

So if anyone else is having problems, just let em know how you feel...its the best way, so far they have been going along with a "as long as it goes, it goes" which just doesnt work.

pete wrote:
    ah but not all trees are deciduous....

lol they are in d15, and we are lucky if we have any with the rate of development!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Jaysus, it took over 10 mins to open 5 threads here. Packetloss is worse than my last screenshot, but unfortunately i keep timing out so i can't upload it :P

I'll be bitching as soon as i get enough time to sit on the end of a phone and wait to get hung up on 10 times (in fairness, i've never been hung up on, and i don't usually get bitchy. While most lads seem clueless as to anything except the basic troubleshooting, they're always polite).

I'm going to try and get in touch with second line, or a manager. This is fecking rediculous!

pete wrote:
    which one? atrium, ballycoolin or clonsilla?

that's from ballycoolin just now.

IM on the Atruim.

Advertisement