Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Bolt-cutters on sale in Aldi - Cyclists beware!

Options
  • 03-10-2005 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Just checked out their website, Aldi are selling cheap boltcutters for 8euro starting in a few days! :eek:

Another reason to get paranoid about where i park my bike! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Saw that alright and thought the exact same thing....

They were selling a bike-lock last week, I wonder how it would stand up against the bolt-cutters!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dutchboy

I usually lock my bike with a huge big heavy chain and a large padlock, so im probably better off than those cyclists with the tiny chains and locker size padlocks! (u know who you are) ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Saw it this morning and thought the same also :confused:
    oh well..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

joker77 wrote:
    Saw that alright and thought the exact same thing....

They were selling a bike-lock last week, I wonder how it would stand up against the bolt-cutters!!!
    that lock was very light - it was like a fiver or something

might be better off putting that fiver into a disc lock

Anyone know how pad locks for a chaing rate
    disc vs. brass vs. steel plates vs. others ?

Advertisement