Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Yeah - I guessed :) I didnt see your post until after I posted (it wasn't there when I replied) and I got disconnected again before I could edit the post and say I'd keep schtum till it's fixed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mcloughj

I'm going to second Sparky, Chaz I very much appreciate you being in touch. I have to say that it is reassuring to get near instant feedback. I know that this is a new venture, but you are getting the job done (and being nice to your customers in the process (take that eircon, BT etc.))

UPDATE:
    If this has gone through I'm back in business! Cheers Chaz and co!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

mcloughj wrote:
    I'm going to second Sparky, Chaz I very much appreciate you being in touch. I have to say that it is reassuring to get near instant feedback. I know that this is a new venture, but you are getting the job done (and being nice to your customers in the process (take that eircon, BT etc.))

UPDATE:
    If this has gone through I'm back in business! Cheers Chaz and co!

I reckon its fixed ..... and NO - im not cursing it ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Is there a service status page that customers are given for this sort of stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Just to note to chaz my service keeps going on and off, so id assume your still sorting out things.

Also just some feedback if chaz needs it:

The tel lights stay lit, while the network section of the modem is connecting, then the modem resets itself.
    In the past 10 mins this has happened 3 times.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

same here, it reboots alottt. Just to concur!

reboots but does be back in buisness quicker than it was say an hour ago :D

Sparky_S wrote:
    reboots but does be back in buisness quicker than it was say an hour ago :D

Shoulnt .... ill check it in the morning - need to tweak a few more things.

Chaz wrote:
    Shoulnt .... ill check it in the morning - need to tweak a few more things.
    but in saying since my last post its stayed on, what was the problem anyway?
    :D

Sparky_S wrote:
    but in saying since my last post its stayed on, what was the problem anyway?

Long story ..... got a few hours?

• Advertisement

Chaz wrote:
    Long story ..... got a few hours?

yeah :D
    need help?

the modem has been rebooting all night long, are you still testing things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

Chaz, if you get a chance could you post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=315854&page=3 to fill in all the people in limerick with the latest news please ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Sparky_S wrote:
    the modem has been rebooting all night long, are you still testing things?
    Rebooting all morning as well..hmm

Still doing it's rebooting thang atm too.

*sits patiently*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Since im still waiting on my bloody metro
    what is the problem zoro? is it a bad problem
    or could you live with it.

I've no idea what's causing it - but our modem's are reseting themselves every 10 seconds or so.

I'll let Chaz/Crawler explain more ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I hope its not an OS flash gone wrong !

mine was stable for 10 mins then now keeps doing a reset lighting dance show.
    Was thinking for a moment that my modem was fcked, but i see im not alone.

well mine is having a major stroke at the moment so you're certainly not alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

What the hell is wrong with Metro!?

Is this likely to continue over the next few days?

I'm paying for a service and getting....what?

*very unhappy user*

Can any of the offline guys PM me their contact numbers so that I can check something with you please.

Please bear with us - working on this.

well mines been up since 8.45 so heres hoping it holds :D

internet up and running
    telephone down, tel 2 flashing.

I've not been home yet so I'll check when I get home later on tonight - mind you, if it's still down then I won't be online to PM anyone until tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mine was out for about 20 minutes yesterday evening in Blanch (around 8pm) but seems to be ok since then.

Quick question for the guys: I'm thinking of getting rid of the eircom line entirely...will Metro work with a Sky box? (as I need a phoneline connection for my Multiroom package)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Mine was out for about 20 minutes yesterday evening in Blanch (around 8pm) but seems to be ok since then.

Quick question for the guys: I'm thinking of getting rid of the eircom line entirely...will Metro work with a Sky box? (as I need a phoneline connection for my Multiroom package)

As far as I know they tried it and it works, but do not offically support it. I'll have to check that for you, I will and post later. Try it see if it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Copy and pasted from an earlier post.

12) Will it work with a Digibox?

It has been tested and it works but we don’t officially say it will.

Are you still having problems, my modem has lost stability since 8 o clock tonight.

Just reporting:
    Phone service lights seem to stay up and running, but the network section of the modem is trying to reach the cable link light many times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mine was out all afternoon and last night (and still this morning). Called their support last night and was told its a problem with part of the 3 Rock transmitter. My modem has been connecting and resetting itself continuously since yesterday.

Any update on this lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

I had Metro installed yesterday and so far it seems OK but maybe a bit up and down, I live in Cork City and have clear line of sight with the transmitter, I have the basic package but the best speeds I've seen thus far were 275Kbps up, 475kbps down but occasionally would drop to 120Kbps down and even less this seems to have a direct effect during online gaming playability COD was jittery every now and then even on low ping servers ie 32 +. I've replaced Esat 1Mbps with Metro 3Mbps, so I'll give it a month before making a final choice, I may rip out Metro if it doesn't settle down, and go back to Esat, which I still have.
    I was a bit miffed with the installer he told me there would "never" be a contention ratio problem because it's wireless which I know is utter b******t and really gets my back up.

Does anybody know if I disconnect my internal phone wiring from my Eircom line and hook it up to to the metro modem and then use my exisitng phone sockets? .

Advertisement