Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mcloughj

Up/down speeds are back to their previous levels. 22 rounds of 'ping plotting' to www.google.com is showing a 109 round trip average with no packet loss.

cheers for fixing the probs guys!

(keeps fingers crossed that he hasn't jinxed himself and everyone else...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Yeah - my packetloss is pretty much 0% now :D
    yay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EliCash

I'm in Donaghmede. Straight down the M50 and a bit down the N32 from Finglas mast. Guy phoned yesterday haha!! Thing is, he was completely unoptimistic about my chances of getting a signal. How close do I need to be to the mast and why couldn't they have told me this 3 weeks ago?? Surely they could look at your address when you order and if you're definitely too far away... tell you! So now he "might" come out. Sheesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

Yea it seams to be running great now. Two of my flatmates are playing Day of Defeat: Source with a ping of 30 and I was streaming video at 1Mb/sec. There was no ping spikes or interuptions. Well done Digiweb. The changes you made last week seam to be paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stephen19_78

Does anyone know where the base station for D14 is? Im in rathfarnham and am waiting for da connection. IBB dont do service in my area. Really hope Digiweb come through cos then I am left with only fixed line options.. (havent asked leap):confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Have you checked Clearwire's web site for coverage? They cover at least part of Rathfarnham.

Blaster99 wrote:
    Have you checked Clearwire's web site for coverage? They cover at least part of Rathfarnham.

I checked them out and they do provide it. They only offer a minimum 12mth contract and dont even give contention ratio details which is suspect. Their website doesnt inspire confidence in me so I decided to give them a miss.

Called Digiweb this afternoon and they said (i would say just to get me off the phone) 'sometime late next week?......the story goes on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Clearwire's contention ratio is 10:1. I got it installed today. It rocks.

You have 7 day cool-off with them, by the way. They send around a rep to install it to make sure it works for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭blobert

Hello,

Got my phone service enabled today, finally, call quality seems ok, a bit noisy though.

Could people with the standard 3mb connection tell me what results they get on http://www.irishisptest.com

For the first week after signing up, speeds were constantly 2.9mbps down 500kbps up.

In recent times they have been very eratic but have now settled at about 2mbps down and 300kbps.

Are these speeds average or should I ring again to complain.

I'm not sure of what speeds I should be getting.

Thanks in advance,
    Blobert

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

Mine has been running great reciently. Full speed all the time. That was from about last Monday or so (got insatlled last Wednesday). Im on the 3rock transmitter.

• Advertisement

Thanks Blaster for da info. I am gonna stick with Digiweb and see what happens....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭blobert

blobert wrote:
    Hello,

Got my phone service enabled today, finally, call quality seems ok, a bit noisy though.

Could people with the standard 3mb connection tell me what results they get on http://www.irishisptest.com

For the first week after signing up, speeds were constantly 2.9mbps down 500kbps up.

In recent times they have been very eratic but have now settled at about 2mbps down and 300kbps.

Are these speeds average or should I ring again to complain.

I'm not sure of what speeds I should be getting.

Thanks in advance,
    Blobert

Any speeds? Mine is still about 2mbps down and 300kbps up. Anyone else?

well i'm currently upload at roughly 60KB/s, so that's about 480kb isn't it?
    60*8? Unless I'm mistaken :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Getting fairly slow speeds now only 118 K/sec, its normally 3 times that speed. any idea why its so slow tonight???

What mast are you on?
    I'm currently downloading a file at ~300/350KB (fluctuating) and uploading another one at 65KB.

(yes - both legit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

I may have said in a previous post that Digiweb was not well informed abt installation dates but the good news is that they kept their word and installed on time (I've waited 3 weeks). I was very impressed with the speed and efficiency the engineers did the installation and I was connected in no time. The support line was friendly and I will certainly recommend them ! Great job Digiweb, thanks...... On a final note, something I've wanting to say for a VERY LONG time...... "Hasta la vista EIRCOM......."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

does metro charge if you go over their "traffic quota"?

And does anyone here who has metro live around Clondalkin/Lucan, what speed do you get? Can I cancel Eircom immediately after it's installed and then just transfer my eircom phone number to metro? With nothing lost except my higher bills and slower speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

In the last week or so my Metro connection is pretty poor I'm in Cork city with perfect LOS with Collins' Barracks however I'm only getting half the download I should be getting, the metro installers called to my house today and moved my receiver to a higher location with no improvement in signal they suggested there may be something wrong on their end, anybody else in Cork having problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

does anyone in cork have any trouble getting onto java.sun.com?? Can't ping it - can't connect to it? weird.
    Other than that - in cork - performance is fine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

does anyone in cork have any trouble getting onto java.sun.com?? Can't ping it - can't connect to it? weird.
    Other than that - in cork - performance is fine..
    Tried here (Blanch).. can connect to that site fine :)

• Advertisement

*screams*
    Bad connection has returned :/
    Packetloss, and ping spikes galore.

I want to break things....

Why can't connections "just work" (tm)? *fuming*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

zoro wrote:
    *screams*
    Bad connection has returned :/
    Packetloss, and ping spikes galore.

I want to break things....

I remmeber a "perfect" word being used.......last week......... :D

*slap* shush :p:D

zoro wrote:
    *slap* shush :p:D

ouchhhhhhh !!! :p

I feel for you man ! was on the IBB rollercoaster for about 1 year and told them where to go! Hope Metro get it right for you !!

So do I .... believe me.
    I've only jsut moved out of my family home, and I pretty much don't want to imagine life without broadband :) </nerd>

DSL simply isn't an option, so this is the ideal connection ... if it works :)

zoro wrote:
    So do I .... believe me.
    I've only jsut moved out of my family home, and I pretty much don't want to imagine life without broadband :) </nerd>

DSL simply isn't an option, so this is the ideal connection ... if it works :)

Then again Metro uses licesened bandwidth ! but spikes / packet loss could be a milion things ! interference / a mofo of a tree / bad SNR level! (ask them your SNR level? is it strong enough?)

Well considering it's an identical problem to the ones that were troubling a few of us beforehand, it's likely to be something related to that.
    But if I don't hear back from the technician today (they're actually quite good at calling back) I'll try again later on or tomorrow morning to try to sort it out asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

well my speed seems to be ok, but i do notice my pings are higher

What are your pings like zoro

• Advertisement

I'm in work so i'll check later on :)

Advertisement