Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

:eek: Yikes, I think i'll just wait for Smart BB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Nah - it works and it's superb, it doesnt and it's horrible :(

They're working on the problem at the moment and it should (hopefully) be sorted by the time i get home.
    If not, rest assured I'll be back on here to bitch and moan though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Service has been grand here(Dub), no weird stuff going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

I've had Digiwebs engineer at my house for the past couple of hours trying to sort my problems out, but, no joy, he changed the radio, changed the modem, the power supply, everything that could possibly be an issue, but to no avail. My SNR is -5 so it shouldn't be an issue, he said I had perfect line of sight with Collins Barracks.
    Anybody in Cork, Quaker Road, Summerhill South area looking north/north east at Collins Barracks have metro installed, it may be a vector problem but the engineer doesn't think so. My upload capacity is as it should be my download is less than quarter what it should be. I am not a happy camper. I hope the problem gets sorted out soooon. Apart from the tech side of things, all the Metro people, engineers installers and support of the phone have all been very nice to deal with, which is a refreshing change from the usual autovox from others in this business. I just hope I can get my 3Mbps fingers crossed, balls crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Just got a call from Niall at Digiweb (these guys are sound) to ask me to check my connection now 9 o'clock monday night they cleared some caches or something on their end, lo and behold I'm back up to my full connection, as it should be, FAIR PLAY DIGIWEB !! thanks for the great service!! suckin diesel phew!!

• Advertisement

Well my connection was great again last night, so whatever went wrong must've went right again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Maybe we should bin all our high end, expensive monitoring tools and just plug Zoro into our network!! :D

:D Sounds good to me ... I'd get free broadband then :D:p
    And on that note... about the past month ...? :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

crawler wrote:
    Maybe we should bin all our high end, expensive monitoring tools and just plug Zoro into our network!! :D

Proabably a good and yet bad idea. On the one hand at least you know he'll complain the second there's a problem but on the other he'll use all the bandwidth hosting unreal servers/tournaments and so on and so forth.

Catch 22. :p

I've gotta say I'm impressed with everything I've heard about the support staff. Obviously a company with an ounce of sense. Still a bit weary on wireless in general. It seems to be a bit less of a proven technology - a few more bumps than your standard DSL (I'm quite sure it had them back in the start also). That said, we've ordered Metro for one location. We'll see how that goes before I consider giving up my DSL. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

Does anybody know whether Digiweb has (or will implement) a customer controlpanel on their website so that customers can check status of services, current infrastructure problem postings, transfer quotas etc? I want to know how much i've downloaded so far but i am not sure where to look.

Tia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

ikoonman wrote:
    Does anybody know whether Digiweb has (or will implement) a customer controlpanel on their website so that customers can check status of services, current infrastructure problem postings, transfer quotas etc? I want to know how much i've downloaded so far but i am not sure where to look.

Tia!

I was told they have no intention of implementing a Download monitor thing, to track how much of the cap you have used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

crawler wrote:

:D
    well i have to say one thing, atleast you listen to customers and use their feedback as an aid to sorting the problem rather than putting things on the long finger.

and on that note, i noticed quite a bit of packetloss tonight again too.

not continuous, but every now and then, say, once every 30/45 seconds or so.
    enough to cause an annoyance anyway.

I was told they have no intention of implementing a Download monitor thing, to track how much of the cap you have used.

Think about it - if they are not interested in doing this, how would they know if the customers exceed their monthly quota?

Besides, a response like that from a high-tech company does not make sense. If they are not interested in providing value-added customer support, then they are not interested in keeping customers happy. Bottom line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Lads is there a cooling off/test period for Metro? I'm going to get it installed in a week or two (provided I have LoS) but what if latency is crap and I know it won't get better after a day or two? Am I stuck for 6 months? All I'm really interested in is having a good ping for gaming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

do they charge for exceeding the cap?

They seem to be damn fast with the installations at the moment, unless I'm mistaken. I think we ordered on Thursday or Friday on the net and they're coming today to do the installation. Once the gear is in it's on and working I assume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

halenger wrote:
    They seem to be damn fast with the installations at the moment, unless I'm mistaken. I think we ordered on Thursday or Friday on the net and they're coming today to do the installation. Once the gear is in it's on and working I assume?

Where abouts are you hal? and yes, once installed your up and running. Lucky git! I ordered Friday too, no sign of them yet. Who did you sleep with to get an installation so fast and whats their number?

I got lucky aswell - a week and a day I think it took for them to come out.

Haha, no sleeping with anyone. Just did the online form and they called to say they'd be out today. Maybe they had some planned in the area at the time. *shrugs*

It's being installed in Drumcondra. I'll report back later if it goes ok. Might pop over this evening and test the connection to see if all is ok but it'll more than likely be tomorrow or this weekend. *checks schedule* ;)

• Advertisement

gimme a call if you wanna meet up podgey

Does anybody know why I can make outgoing calls with my metro product but when I dial the number I've received i get a "number error" dialing tone on my mobile? (Does not work from other landlines either). The support guy dialed the number and it worked, but i cannot receive calls from an Eircom phone.

*knocks down Croke Park*

That's that outta the picture anyway. Croke Park is blocking the line. They don't have a mast other than 3rock it seems. I thought someone mentioned Finglas but the engineer said 3rock and said there wasn't Line of Site (which there definately wasn't, Croke Park is kinda huge). IBB is an option... *bursts out laughing*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sorry to interrupt as it's prolly been answered before [no search tho].

RE: the phone > engi tried it with the analogue phone we had lying around, no go.

said Digiweb will send out a VOIP phone but could take 2 weeks.

i thought the FAQ on the website said my old phone will work? Should i just ring digiweb and see what the story is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

kaimera wrote:
    sorry to interrupt as it's prolly been answered before [no search tho].

RE: the phone > engi tried it with the analogue phone we had lying around, no go.

said Digiweb will send out a VOIP phone but could take 2 weeks.

i thought the FAQ on the website said my old phone will work? Should i just ring digiweb and see what the story is?

An ordinary phone should work, as the Modem thingy (i dont think they call it a modem!) has RJ11 ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Anyone know if shankill/cabinteely/cherrywood area is covered by their 3rock mast? Can see the masts, just not sure what direction they're pointing...

Yes, i am just behind Cherrywood (south) and it works like a charm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

any standard phone should work.

btw any ideas when the tv service will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

Sparky_S wrote:

btw any ideas when the tv service will be out?

Where did you hear that?? Didnt know they were offering TV.

ignore that .I forgot to check the website. doh!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Lads is there a cooling off/test period for Metro? I'm going to get it installed in a week or two (provided I have LoS) but what if latency is crap and I know it won't get better after a day or two? Am I stuck for 6 months? All I'm really interested in is having a good ping for gaming...
    Anybody? :(

Advertisement