Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

No idea - but Chaz/Crawler should be around at some stage so they'll let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Thanks Zoro! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I don't think there is a cooling off for Metro, but if the service isn't up to standard, you should be able to get out of the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Adey2002 wrote:
    I don't think there is a cooling off for Metro, but if the service isn't up to standard, you should be able to get out of the contract.

there is no cooling off period - but if it does not perform, within reason, we will not be unfair to any customer. It is a shared & contended service, Guarantees and SLAs are available but it is a different product at a different price :)

Hope this helps explain?

crawler wrote:
    there is no cooling off period - but if it does not perform, within reason, we will not be unfair to any customer. It is a shared & contended service, Guarantees and SLAs are available but it is a different product at a different price :)

Hope this helps explain?

I'm glad to hear you are fair to your customers! :)

And if I have a LoS (and a good ping!) I'm definitely going with the 10 month payment in advance offer! Great saving and sorted for a year! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

There's a statutory 7-day cool-off when ordering anything online. It starts from the time you order something, not when it's made available to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Blaster99 wrote:
    There's a statutory 7-day cool-off when ordering anything online. It starts from the time you order something, not when it's made available to you.

Correct - naturally - no ones statutory rights are impacted in any way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

whats the 30gig cap breakdown between UL and DL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya crawler is the upload traffic the same as download traffic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

just got it installed today in limerick..great pings ..20 on Tig server..approx 17 to boards..see file below

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Any partner/promo codes going around ? That 10 month offer is incredible. Going to try and get the parents to order tonight. See you in hell Eircom phone line/ Esat broadband.

Airblazer wrote:
    just got it installed today in limerick..great pings ..20 on Tig server..approx 17 to boards..see file below
    I'm so jealous... Here's mine from a few minutes ago with my "IBB 3MB Business":

IrishISPtest.com%2024.11.2005.JPG

Can you tell the difference? I can... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Any partner/promo codes going around ? That 10 month offer is incredible. Going to try and get the parents to order tonight. See you in hell Eircom phone line/ Esat broadband.

WIR 86195 :)

zoro wrote:
    WIR 86195 :)
    Is this the promo code for the "10-month-pay-in-advance" offer or is it something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

jesus steffano :(

even with 6 of us sharing the basic metro package, she's better than that.

kaimera wrote:
    jesus steffano :(

even with 6 of us sharing the basic metro package, she's better than that.
    Yeah I'm not surprised... I'm actually becoming jealous of 56k people now... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Anyone having problems with the phone service, I've been ring people that last few days and they are saying my voice is fading in and out and they can only hear me at times. Anyone else experienceing this problem???

Hey zoro, what does that code get you ? Is that in addition to the pay 10 months up front offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Jesus Steffano thats fairly miserable especially for gaming it has got to impair your reactive capacity in fps etc. My metro seems to be usually around the same as airblazer, this evening tho it seem to have slipped back to about 1Mbps> hope it gets back up to normal soon or I'll be calling Digiweb for an explanation, if it's not consistant, within reason, I'm dumping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hey zoro, what does that code get you ? Is that in addition to the pay 10 months up front offer?

no it just gives zoro 30 quid of vouchers or 30 quid off his bill.

speaking of codes someone entered mine back in october, so wheres my vouchers? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Airblazer wrote:

I see Quality of service is 91% for you.
    What does this sppedtest give everyone else here for Quality of service.
    What is acceptable QOS or packet loss for gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

my QoS does be betweem 93 and 96

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

I'm so jealous... Here's mine from a few minutes ago with my "IBB 3MB Business":

IrishISPtest.com%2024.11.2005.JPG

Can you tell the difference? I can... :(

ah man that just sucks..comreg should take IBB's license off them at the end of the year if they're any balls at all

It's shocking though isn't it? It's a pity because when it's done right, like how Digiweb is doing right now with Metro, companies providing a wireless broadband service can really be successful! But I guess IBB couldn't really be arsed... Too bad for them. They'll eventually lose all their customers and go belly-up! They won't be missed much either...

Ordered Metro Monday this week, engineer called last night to arrange einstallation on Monday. :-)

Finally, a decent internet connection for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

My quality of service is back to acceptable again. They have assured me it will remain constant from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stephen19_78

Have been waiting for 3 weeks now and not even a call about installation time. This is driving me crazy.......living in rathfarnham. Does anyone know what the hell the hold up could be about. Dying to get a broadband connection. The wait is pushing up the anticipation levels:(

Have been waiting for 3 weeks now and not even a call about installation time. This is driving me crazy.......living in rathfarnham. Does anyone know what the hell the hold up could be about. Dying to get a broadband connection. The wait is pushing up the anticipation levels:(

Give them a call and ask if you have been assigned to an engineer and ask how far up the queue you are.

I'm in Clondalkin, ordered mine Monday and engineer is installing this Monday coming, so 5 working days from order to installation.

I wouldn't trust the QoS indicator in irishisptest. It regularly gives me shockingly low QoS numbers even though my connection never drops a packet. Seems to be an issue at their side, more than anything.

Seems that I won't be getting metro. Two really big fook off trees in the way. They're fairly see through at the moment, what with the lack of leaves and all, but I wouldn't bet on the signal being so good in summer when they're full again. There goes my hopes of a nice cheap service with fast upload.

Oh well, wait untill jan/feb for 3/374 on BT I guess.

Just out of interest, what are the chances of getting Metro from loughlinstown to 3rock with the odd tree in the way ? I wouldn't be hopeful, but I guess it couldnt hurt to call up and get an engineer to check just incase ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm not sure waiting 40 days so far for even a call for an installation date is really acceptable. We're ordering FWA but I don't see why that should be an issue.

Advertisement