Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Have been waiting for 3 weeks now and not even a call about installation time. This is driving me crazy.......living in rathfarnham. Does anyone know what the hell the hold up could be about. Dying to get a broadband connection. The wait is pushing up the anticipation levels:(

youll probably get a chubby lad and another lad with a beard, for your area.
    cant remember names tbh, i think one of them was called paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NiP

I have Digiweb about 3 weeks now, and not once have experienced speeds anywhere near acceptable. Below is one of my best speed tests....

I'm not very happy with it.. My torrent downloads always have a higher upload than download, even when i restrict the upload limit! Im living on harcourt st and have clear line of sight. Sort it out Digiweb.

Your tech support aren't up to much either...... Anyone else having a bad experience??

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Hey Nip, ,
    You should call support and complain about your QoS I was in the same boat with similar speeds and their tech service was out to correct the problem in a few days, and and when it slumps again which it did once I called tech support and they fixed it straight away. If they don't know you've got a problem how are they supposed to fix it. Be pleasant but firm and express your unhappiness with the situation. YOU should get what you pay for. And if they can't fix it rip it out and get something else. Good luck. See my Qos above.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

mickger wrote:
    Anyone having problems with the phone service, I've been ring people that last few days and they are saying my voice is fading in and out and they can only hear me at times. Anyone else experienceing this problem???

Sure, I cannot receive any inbound calls from any phone (mobile or Eircom et al). I can make outbound calls, but I can only hear the other person. They cannot hear me. Logged a support call with Digiweb, 1 week gone, still waiting on solution.

NiP wrote:
    I have Digiweb about 3 weeks now, and not once have experienced speeds anywhere near acceptable. Below is one of my best speed tests....

I'm not very happy with it.. My torrent downloads always have a higher upload than download, even when i restrict the upload limit! Im living on harcourt st and have clear line of sight. Sort it out Digiweb.

Your tech support aren't up to much either...... Anyone else having a bad experience??

My speed is ok, at the time of doing this test I was listening to live stream music.

myspeed.jpg

If you have a (wireless) router, such as a Linksys etc, then you need to enable some ports to speed up your torrent downloads.

See following link:
    http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Ah! My connection hasn't been working since Tuesday night, I though it was yet more issues with the 3 rock mast so id didn't call them for a day or so and now customer service is closed for the weekend!? What!?

This'll be a week with no digiweb connection. This really sucks.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The modem light on the far right keeps flashing, like it's looking for a signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Hey people,

Getting metro installed during the week, Just wonder what kinda modem do Digiweb supply, Yes i did a search Thompson modem but what model number is it....

Cheers
    Dan

Just wonder what kinda modem do Digiweb supply, Yes i did a search Thompson modem but what model number is it....

Thomson THG520/DHG525. Digiweb give descriptions on their website. Some of the http based modem control panels are restricted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

Iv gone way over the download limit on my Metro service. Prob twice as much (guestimate). Any one have any info on what Digiweb actually do. Are you charged extra? Is the speed throttled?
    Is there any way to find out how much you've downloaded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

My connection has gone to pot again :/
    Pings and packetloss fluctuating wildly.

Why does this keep happening?!

• Advertisement

yeah im down to 883kbps, but my upload seems to be ok 1.5mbps

pings are 300ms

nl wrote:
    Iv gone way over the download limit on my Metro service. Prob twice as much (guestimate).

You went over 60GB?!?!?!?! What on earth are you downloading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

nl wrote:
    Iv gone way over the download limit on my Metro service. Prob twice as much (guestimate). Any one have any info on what Digiweb actually do. Are you charged extra? Is the speed throttled?
    Is there any way to find out how much you've downloaded?

I hope there are checks to prevent abuse of traffic limits which affects performance for others, i've abided to the traffic limit myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

ikoonman wrote:
    You went over 60GB?!?!?!?! What on earth are you downloading?

just a load of demos and trailers and stuff like that. The speed just got to me head. With the 3mb download speed you can get big files dead quick. Then you end up just downloading a load of crap. ill be a bit more carefull next month.
    btw I share the connection with three of my housemates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stephen19_78

Got it installed today at lunchtime. Installer guy said I had a connection of '+4'.... Anyone know what this means?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Stephen, that means you have a very good wireless connection and are very unlikely to suffer packet loss bad pings + is good - is not so good, -15 is not acceptable for wireless broadband. My connection is -4 and is acceptable but I'd like it to be better I can see the transmitter, perfect LoS but for some reason that's the best I get, consider yourself very lucky.

Mine is +9, always wondered what it meant. I must be connected to Finglas mast as its less than a mile away.

pings + p/l through the roof again.

I grow weary of this :/

*edit* on hold for 30 mins now.....

i put my hand up for a digiweb forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

What would you guys recommend? I had decided to go BT, but realizing metro only has a 6 month contract has made me rethink. I'm liking the higher upload speeds.

Seems like a lot of people have problems tho. What would be better for skype? There won't be any gaming. just web browsing and skype. the occasional torrent maybe.

• Advertisement

gurramok wrote:
    Mine is +9, always wondered what it meant. I must be connected to Finglas mast as its less than a mile away.

where do you find that info? or did the installer tell you.

Oh sweet lord I'm on hold for 42 minutes now.

FFS!!!
    *hangs up*

gurramok wrote:

Mine is -8, and i have not had any performance issues with my broadband, except for my phone service that is not working.......

ikoonman wrote:
    Mine is -8, and i have not had any performance issues with my broadband, except for my phone service that is not working.......

did the installer tell you that?

Sparky_S wrote:
    where do you find that info? or did the installer tell you.
    Its on the installer form which the installer leaves, it should be on yours as well.

no nothing on my installer sheet, as i remember the installers meter lost battery power during the install.
    so i only have print on my sheet, just containing my name address, order date and dns server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I am an IBB customer. When I rang IBB last year to place my order, I told them I lived in a 2 storey house (bottom floor > 1st floor > 2nd floor > roof) so they said they needed to come out with a cherry picker.

I obviously assumed the same would be true for Metro so I mentioned the cherry picker when placing my order...

On Saturday evening (they work on Saturdays?), I got a call from a Metro engineer telling me that Digiweb didn't own a cherry picker and that it would cost me €300 EUR to rent one :eek: :eek: :eek:

So now I'm "On Hold" in the Digiweb database until Digiweb invests in their own cherry picker... :mad: :( :mad: :(

Now I'm not actually sure they need a cherry picker to get on my roof! I just assumed so because IBB said I did! Can I ring the guys at Digiweb and ask them to send the engineer regardless? maybe a simple ladder will do!? I don't know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I am an IBB customer. When I rang IBB last year to place my order, I told them I lived in a 2 storey house (bottom floor > 1st floor > 2nd floor > roof) so they said they needed to come out with a cherry picker.

I obviously assumed the same would be true for Metro so I mentioned the cherry picker when placing my order...

On Saturday evening (they work on Saturdays?), I got a call from a Metro engineer telling me that Digiweb didn't own a cherry picker and that it would cost me €300 EUR to rent one :eek: :eek: :eek:

So now I'm "On Hold" in the Digiweb database until Digiweb invests in their own cherry picker... :mad: :( :mad: :(

Now I'm not actually sure they need a cherry picker to get on my roof! I just assumed so because IBB said I did! Can I ring the guys at Digiweb and ask them to send the engineer regardless? maybe a simple ladder will do!? I don't know...

call them and say a ladder will do !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

zoro wrote:
    Oh sweet lord I'm on hold for 42 minutes now.

FFS!!!
    *hangs up*

I don't think they like you anymore ! lol

dude I went through all this will IBB !

• Advertisement

a good size extension ladder would do

Advertisement