Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

zoro wrote:
    Oh sweet lord I'm on hold for 42 minutes now.

FFS!!!
    *hangs up*

you did say you are zoro, right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Sparky_S wrote:
    you did say you are zoro, right.

Surely that'd give them reason to leave me on hold though ;)

I was "in queue position 1 in the queue" for 35 of those 42 minutes if I remember correctly.
    There's only so much automated banter I can put up with :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Whats the contract term 6 or 12 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

ricey wrote:
    Whats the contract term 6 or 12 ?
    6 Months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Right well I rang Digiweb this morning. My order was Cancelled in their system (even though the engineer told me he would just put it "On Hold"...). I told the young lady I was speaking to that getting on my roof with a ladder should be ok and to forget about the cherry picker.
    Hopefully I won't have to wait another 2 weeks before hearing from the engineer... :o

• Advertisement

i dealt straight with the engineer when he ran into problems with mine, only waited a weekend tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stephen19_78

Thanks for the info regarding the meaning of '+4' guys. This company seems to know what it is doing, which is strange. I say this having had numerous nightmares with other companies (eircom etc) lets hope Digiweb keeps it up :D

im getting speeds of 200k and uploads of 900k
    and my pings are in the 1000's
    also QoS reports are a 2%
    its intermittent, no constant service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

Sparky_S wrote:
    did the installer tell you that?

Yes - indeed. He said that it's border line. Why? Does that not sound right?

ikoonman wrote:
    Yes - indeed. He said that it's border line. Why? Does that not sound right?

no just asking as the installer told me nuffin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Is anyone else having abismal Metro performance over the last 24hrs? My download speed has dropped to approx 700K, many websites will not open, ping spikes, QOS < 30% !!!

Check out the below tracerts:
    C:\>tracert www.downloads.com

Tracing route to c10-sha-redirect-lb.cnet.com [216.239.115.148]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 20 ms 22 ms 16 ms gi-0-3-44.dub-deg-br1.net.digiweb.ie [83.147.163
    .34]
    5 34 ms 33 ms 35 ms 816.ge5-0.mpr1.lhr1.uk.above.net [213.161.79.65]

6 39 ms 35 ms 35 ms so-5-3-0.cr1.lhr3.uk.above.net [208.184.231.178]

7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 185 ms 186 ms 183 ms vlan700.365-sfo1-6506-1.cnet.com [216.239.127.41
    ]
    14 185 ms 188 ms 184 ms ge5-2.xch-sfo1-6506-1.cnet.com [216.239.127.22]

15 187 ms 192 ms 188 ms 10.15.45.4
    16 183 ms 190 ms 190 ms ge5-2.att-sql1-6506-2.cnet.com [216.239.127.25]

17 189 ms 185 ms 191 ms c10-sha-redirect-lb.cnet.com [216.239.115.148]

Trace complete.
    C:\>tracert www.tucows.net

Tracing route to www.tucows.net [216.40.32.30]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 13 ms 12 ms 10 ms 83.147.168.1
    3 15 ms 16 ms 17 ms gi-0-1-60.crk-ar1.net.digiweb.ie [83.147.163.209
    ]
    4 22 ms 23 ms 37 ms gi-0-2-45.dub-deg-br1.net.digiweb.ie [83.147.163
    .38]
    5 46 ms 33 ms 39 ms 816.ge5-0.mpr1.lhr1.uk.above.net [213.161.79.65]

6 37 ms 34 ms 32 ms pos4-0.mpr2.lhr1.uk.above.net [208.185.156.14]
    7 41 ms 32 ms 33 ms 195.66.226.185
    8 51 ms 46 ms 41 ms p6-0.core01.par01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.1.
    122]
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 148 ms 154 ms 172 ms g0-1.na01.b011152-0.yyz01.atlas.cogentco.com [38
    .112.35.130]
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 139 ms 143 ms 144 ms 10.78.254.126
    16 159 ms 148 ms 154 ms 10.78.254.73
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    I'm connected to the Cork mast... This is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Hefty I'm in Cork southside facing north/northeast to Collins Barracks and my connection is fine at the mo 11.30 Tues night and has been for the last while. I had a pretty crappy connection mid of last week I phoned and complained and they sorted it straight away, they (support) couldn't say what exactly the problem was but it's been QoS in the 90%'s since then. Call the Digiweb support number in Waterford: 051 355658 ask for Claire, she's straight-up.

crawler recons mine is bad because of a bad SNR i should be 35+ and im 22.
    seems to fit, as the installer had to guesstimate because of a failed battery in his meter.

Lots of packet loss btw up to 70% just to digiwebs servers, from my aerial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Jesus, Metro sounds pretty rough, is Digiweb going to become the new IBB for '06? (or worse!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

all good on my end. I know how bad IBB are!!! About a million miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

I live at SCR opp the Mosque/ near national stadium, does anyone know if there is a reasonable service in this area.

I rang once and was told its in Leonards corner and Dolphins barn, anyone in either of these areas able to comment ???

Can anyone tell me if my line of sight is North or south.

would it be worth considering getting a line in for smart .. (there is someone in the house with it already, in a different flat)

any advice/ suggestions would be welcome !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Laguna wrote:
    Jesus, Metro sounds pretty rough, is Digiweb going to become the new IBB for '06? (or worse!?)
    My connection has been grand for weeks, it seems to be users with weak signals or just problems on minority of masts

Is anyone else having abismal Metro performance over the last 24hrs? My download speed has dropped to approx 700K, many websites will not open, ping spikes, QOS < 30% !!!

Check out the below tracerts:

I'm connected to the Cork mast... This is a joke!

You have to remember that Tucows could have disabled the port on which ping/tracert operates in order to prevent ping floods (Ping Of Death) or hacker attacks. Another example may be www.microsoft.com - you cannot get a clear tracert either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Thats a fair comment, I have come accross websites that have disabled ICMP traffic which does not let you ping them...
    1. Does anyone know of a good troubleshooting guide that will help me pin-point where the issue resides... (i.e Digiweb DNS servers, routing, weak signal, my host side config etc)
    2. What are peoples MTU values? I changed mine to 1480 on my PC and router (as recommended by tech support) but didn't see any difference.
    3. I have been having intermittant issues connecting to certain sites (I read about this issue a long time back but on the Dublin masts, I am timing-out when trying to reach java.sun.com and immi.gov.au)

Pings through the ROOF ... packetloss of about 5% .. what the HELL is going on in Digiweb?!

Wonder if I'll be on hold for 45 mins tonight.

• Advertisement

Well - 15 mins this time, and ronan was on the other end. I've dealt with him before and he's a really helpful guy.

Seems that there's a technician booked to come out to me within the next week or 2 to check signal strength and look into various other stuff.
    I'm always trying to keep my cool on the phone as I know it's not the support staff's fault that my connection is up and down more often than a bankok whore, but it's really painful sometimes :(

same here a tech guy is to come out to me as i have now over 75% packet loss

ive to reload pages for them to load, speed is ok, pings are ok to bad every hour.

edit: noticing my modem reseting itself alot tonight.

Sparky_S wrote:
    same here a tech guy is to come out to me as i have now over 75% packet loss

One of the support guys wants to dispatch a technician to my house too to try and adjust my outside antenna, because I still can't use my phone service. I have absolutely no complaints about my broadband as the speed is really good.

IMHO I don't think this is where the problem lies as the support guy called me on my phone to test it and it was fine. (In fact, this was the second time someone from Digiweb called me to test the phone service.) I think the problem lies somewhere within the technical infrastructure, hence the reason I cannot receive any phone calls from Eircom/mobile.

What will happen if, for some reason, i cannot use my phone service. Do I get some discount on my Metro subscription? Afterall, the bundled package (phone and internet) was the main reason for getting the service after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mcloughj

^Do I get some discount on my Metro subscription? Afterall, the bundled package (phone and internet) was the main reason for getting the service after all.

I'm in the same boat, and emailed their accounts dept to ask that vey question. I'll let you know if i get a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

anyone successfully use voip on metro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Drapper wrote:

i wish i could read that thread but my metro keeps timing out, its even taken me 5 mins just to reply to this message.

why does my metro be perfect with no packet loss untill 8.30 every night where it gos completly sh1te, i know ive been told its my aerial, but why is it my aerial now, it was perfect for 2 months, why now. Im not usually this pissed off, but all i get now is
    Timeout
    Timeout
    Timeout
    I cant use the internet at all now, and what really does it now is im paying 110 euros for nothing but hastle.
    I know the tech guys are doing their best, but now ill have to dust off my dsl modem and use that now as metro is unusable, this is my last post tonight with metro.
    Plus this is my fourth copy and paste attemp to post it as boards.ie keeps timing out.
    And why also is everyone antenna have the same problem, i thought it was just mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Hey Sparkey I'm in Cork I have Metro and it's just DANDY so far, had some prob early on but they seemed to have gotten their act together down here I hope it improves for you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anyone have probs with lost connection of Metro....I kept losing connection every 30 mins or so and had to reboot because of the setup of my wireless LAN. Then around 10 I lost all connection and never got it back:mad: no more online gaming for me!

Advertisement