Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Big Nelly wrote:
    Anyone have probs with lost connection of Metro....I kept losing connection every 30 mins or so and had to reboot because of the setup of my wireless LAN. Then around 10 I lost all connection and never got it back:mad: no more online gaming for me!
    Checked the router and it's getting a IP from their server but the gateway is down it seems... can anyone confirm? (Blanch/3Rock area)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anyone know if Blanch probs are fixed before I head home? thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

installer was out, i have a -26 SNR, but the internet still is just about working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I was trying to decide between metro and smart - after reading this thread my mind is made up and I think I've made a smart decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Just about? Was that the best he could do, or did it just go bad after he left or what?

.cg

• Advertisement

cgarvey wrote:
    Just about? Was that the best he could do, or did it just go bad after he left or what?

.cg

actually i find it has being a bit more realable today, but because of the rain and clouds he couldnt see 3rock to get an idea where to start off from.
    He moved it up the pole a bit, but the snr only droped to -24

I have it down to a bad install, as the meter they had lost battery power on the day they done it, so they only done it by eye, but that cm can make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

More problems - as per f*cking usual :/

Pings are hitting 60/80, and fluctuating wildly. They're staying at ~60/80 for a few seconds then jump to 20 and back again.
    Needless to say it's completely unuseable as a gaming connection .... again.

Oh yeah, and it being 17:19 on a saturday, the support lines are unmanned.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

No problems here in limerick.

Downstream 2564 Kbps (320.5 KB/sec) 2769 Kbps (inc. overheads)
    Upstream 231 Kbps (28.9 KB/sec) 249 Kbps (inc.overheads)

you know something, my speeds stay at a constant 2mb and uploads hit 2.3mb, which is grand for a bad connection, only thing is pings thats all, hopefully will be sorted next week, id nearly get up there myself, but id rather leave it to the pro's

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

Just wondering if anyone thinks that Metro might increase its download speed in order to stay ahead of the competition? I know that one of the reasons why a lot of other ISP's decided to increase the speed was because of the introduction of Metro onto the market. Its obvious that Digiweb are making a big effort to draw as much new subsribers as possible (offering free installation until 23rd December). So logically the next step would be to increase the speeds. Especially if the technology is capable of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

I think this thread should be converted into it's own board topic...too difficult to track all discussions in this thread

they're woking on it afaik.
    i wouldnt mind the price droping for the metro plus package, and then again i wouldnt mind a speed increase for the money either.

10% p/l at the moment.
    *cries*

20% p/l to gi-0-0-61.dub-deg-br2.net.digiweb.ie now.

*stamps foot*

Apologies for the multiple posts.

Sitting in line now for 53 minutes. I'm not sure I can stand this crap :/ ffs :(
    I used my mobile to see how long the queue was, and there are 4 more people behind me - Lucky me is number 1 :/ (and I have been for about 49 mins)

*edit*
    62 mins on hold ... and when they finally answer, they can't hear me cause the metro phone system is broken atm
    *screams* :(

*leaves message*

wow zoro, i feel your pain

Sparky_S wrote:
    wow zoro, i feel your pain

DuckyNeedsHug.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

man you guys should exchange numbers! ;-)

I think someone's jealous ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

rubs his NTL modem........... jealous................ me..................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

fine here for us still :-/

heres the only numbers ill exchange :D
    im beating you zoro
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&threadid=309016

hmmm...i would like to know how you did that Sparky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

So back on topic (!!), is it fair to summarise Metro as good when it works, and that it works well for most users?

Issues include slow response for engineer call outs, and bad phone support (system rather than people, no one seems to have complained much about the people).

Is that a fair summary?

Yup - the phone support problems appear to be due to lack of staffing. But the staff that they do have are excellent - they dont (appear) to follow scripts, they seem to actually understand the technology in use, their logging systems must be top notch cause they can tell with a glance what your past history of calls were about (actually the probably just know my details off by heart .... :p), and very easy to talk to.

27 pages later we go on topic - heh :) Good summarisation though, that's pretty much it.

yea, it works and works well. Phone support have been fine when we did have to call [only once since installation and that was RE: the phone service]

only problem we have is the damn wireless router getting knocked out of the socket. !a digiweb problem tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Metro users I need your help!

Thank you in advance! ;)

kaimera wrote:
    hmmm...i would like to know how you did that Sparky...

i run vB aswell, so i know the ins and outs ;)

p/l and high pings ... again...

• Advertisement

Just off the phone with support - there's a planned maintenance thingy during the day, so all connection problems should be sorted out by ~6pm

Here's hoping! :)

Advertisement