Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

zoro wrote:
    Just off the phone with support - there's a planned maintenance thingy during the day, so all connection problems should be sorted out by ~6pm

Here's hoping! :)

i see, must test after 6 to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Just to clarify - we will try the change early on and if it works great - otherwise we will leave it until 2:00am one evening this week when we can take an outage window.

Thanks for the patience.

when there is less network demand ;)

**To be fair to the people that run Boards - I can not use this as a support page **

However - yes, when there is less demand and the impact on Cusotmers is lower :) Mind you - what do you lot be up to at about 12:30 every night?? :)

Annoying that it only impacts such a small number of Customers but the ones impacted seem to be gamers and people who use time sensitive stuff so you notice it! Sorry gamer types....we do love ye and we will fix it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

crawler wrote:
    but the ones impacted seem to be gamers
    Murphy's law eh? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I've found phone to Digiweb gets answered fairly fast the 4 or 5 times I rang.

The system here is over 12km AND almost obscured by a tree branch (going before the spring). 3M ish down and 512K ish up.

-10dB signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I have it now a few days im happy with the download speeds
    its not 4mb more like 3.5mb but what is getting at me is the upload
    speed i have NEVER got 100kB/s 1mb the most i ever get is 50 to 60kB/s
    the only reason i got metro was for the 1mb up and im still waiting, not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ricey, How long did it take from you placing the order till install?

crawler wrote:
    **To be fair to the people that run Boards - I can not use this as a support page **

However - yes, when there is less demand and the impact on Cusotmers is lower :) Mind you - what do you lot be up to at about 12:30 every night?? :)

Annoying that it only impacts such a small number of Customers but the ones impacted seem to be gamers and people who use time sensitive stuff so you notice it! Sorry gamer types....we do love ye and we will fix it....

best is to ask any of the major admins Regi Cloud or DeVore for a interaction forum.
    Im sure they would be more than happy to help.

Or even i could host it, your options are limitless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

watty wrote:
    I've found phone to Digiweb gets answered fairly fast the 4 or 5 times I rang.

The system here is over 12km AND almost obscured by a tree branch (going before the spring). 3M ish down and 512K ish up.

-10dB signal.

Watty, does your phone service work?

• Advertisement

ricey wrote:
    I have it now a few days im happy with the download speeds
    its not 4mb more like 3.5mb but what is getting at me is the upload
    speed i have NEVER got 100kB/s 1mb the most i ever get is 50 to 60kB/s
    the only reason i got metro was for the 1mb up and im still waiting, not happy.

Ricey - can you check your upload now please?

ikoonman wrote:
    Watty, does your phone service work?
    Last friday they said 2 days.

On Monday they said it would take two weeks to activate.

I think there should be a rebate for each day it doesn't work of 1 Euro.

I'm fairly convinced it will work as well as any phone on Digital Cable TV. Metro is one of the best Wireless Broadband systems. Some other suppliers systems are not really designed for Broadband delivery at all but for short range office networking. We most of us know who I mean :)
     Cm State
    CM State			Operational
    Docsis-Downstream Scanning	Complete
    Docsis-Ranging			Complete
    Docsis-DHCP			Complete
    Docsis-TFTP			Complete
    Docsis-Data Reg Complete	Complete
    Telephony-DHCP			Complete
    Telephony-Security		Complete
    Telephony-TFTP			Complete
    Telephony-Reg with Call Server	Complete
    Telephony-Reg Complete		In Progress

You can see the phone is not enabled completely yet.

crawler wrote:
    It depends also on who you try to upload to.

On Download from Source Forge (I do programming) I use HEAnet in dublin and it is close to the 3Mbps, few other sites are as fast.

crawler wrote:

Il try it now so crawler.

:EDIT: ha thats mad its perfect and my download seems to have been fixed
    also, jes crawler what did ya do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The service has been pathetic in Dundalk the last few days, dropped an email to support 2 days ago to see about the phone service, no reply.

Pings are 150-200ms to your datacentre, downloads on my 3mb service are 30-70k.

Is the digiweb business service as poor as this, dont think i can recommend a setup that would cost my company nearly 10k for a service thats based on this technology(we were considering a 1mb uncontended product and a dsl backup)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

download cap 30 gigs,
    upload 10 gigs.

bazH wrote:
    T, downloads on my 3mb service are 30-70k.

Is the digiweb business service as poor as this, dont think i can recommend a setup that would cost my company nearly 10k for a service thats based on this technology(we were considering a 1mb uncontended product and a dsl backup)

Try downloads from HEAnet

When Intel finally develop Wimax fully, it may or may not be the bees knees, but according the Trade Journals I read, Metro ought to be one of the best for Wireless Broadband.

I'm sure it's just teething problems due to the accelerating nature of Wireless roll out.

I'm really at edge of usable signal levels and getting fairly close to full speed. Obviously the other 47 users I share with are not online/downloading or installed yet.

Contention (users sharing same connection) works quite well. I set up some class rooms and training centres over the last 8 years as well as the numerous SOHO systems on proxy servers. Even with 50 students on a 128k ISDN* each student was seeing better performance than one on analog dialup. Obviously if they all did a download or upload at the same time the speed would be a bit less than 1/50th. But it real life that doesn't happen very often.

Unless it is a student village inhabited by warez / gamer/divx fanatics...

*In reality tests show that 64k ISDN is simalar speed to 80k hypothetical analog. Partially less packets are re-sent as analog is not error free wereas the ISDN provides 2 x 64K LOGICAL ALMOST ERROR FREE circuits on its physical bit rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

See attached screenshot, tried downloaded from various sites, and im not worried about large download speeds, just latency and packetloss

Packetloss, ping spikes.

*grumble*

watty wrote:
    I think there should be a rebate for each day it doesn't work of 1 Euro.

Well, either that or they should atleast give us 10GB on top of the 30GB monthly quota extra. :)

• Advertisement

It's just after 12, and I am working away when my broadband came to a standstill. Everything went dead. Rebooted PC, nothing. All green across the board on my modem, yet NO traffic. Dead as a doornail. Nada. Niente. Then after a couple of minutes, it's all back!!

Did Digiweb do something, or did they experience something?

Anyone else experience the same?

I experienced exactly the same things - I'm hoping that this is the planned outage that crawler mentioned :)

yeah - but now my broadband speeds has dropped out of the sky.... I am crawling here.........

Mine is F00KEN great its flying along.

ok.. well.. is anybody else in DUBLIN experiencing problems? ;)

ikoonman wrote:
    ok.. well.. is anybody else in DUBLIN experiencing problems? ;)

yup crawling, at one stage i was at 3k, im on my BT BB now, they must be doing something as crawler mentioned doing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

How do i go about setting up the phone for Metro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

How do i go about setting up the phone for Metro?

Was going to ask the same. Also are these problems in D15 area with connectivity? big session of BF2 on and I will be very pi**ed if no connection!

pings are superb at the moment - but almost constant ~15% packetloss :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Jesus I'm really starting to feel I'm going to go from IBB to an IBB-like company... :(

Advertisement