Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yeah lads cheers, happy christmas aswell, while i have the chance :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

ikoonman wrote:
    well yeah - join the q.

I am prob waiting for close to two months now....
    waiting for support guys to get back to me...
    waiting for engineer to come....
    waiting .....
    waiting .....

ring them up and ask about it..I rang them last night...got through to a very helpful guy who told me that they had technical issues with it and were trying to fix the backfill...he got through to a network tech and bumped me to the top..should be on now when I get home this evening...have to say their support staff are top notch and the longest I've been on the phone waiting is 10 mins...IBB could learn a lot from this crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

Airblazer wrote:
    have to say their support staff are top notch and the longest I've been on the phone waiting is 10 mins...IBB could learn a lot from this crowd

i agree, the service is good. but i've also been in technical support before and i know sometimes you have to give an answer to a question that you simply cannot answer!

i guess i am just disappointed in the fact that my broadband works really cool and yet it's not the "full" package as I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

:/ how long did it take people to get their installs done. Been waiting for about 3 weeks now, was hoping to have it for christmas. I'm in dublin.

Asok wrote:
    :/ how long did it take people to get their installs done. Been waiting for about 3 weeks now, was hoping to have it for christmas. I'm in dublin.

I waited little less than three weeks

• Advertisement

Asok wrote:

4 weeks Asok ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Lads,

I moved to Metro about 6 weeks ago but still haven't been billed for the first month or the installation.

I rang up about 2 weeks ago and they said I should receive a bill in the post by around the 15th with the DD being taken this week, but still nothing.

I don't want a massive bill in January cause their billing department can't bill me on time - had enough of that crap with UTV

Anyone else had this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Turns out I'm on the 4M package. Still running nicely so far - browsing, gaming and VoIP. Irishisptest.com shows 2.7M down, 600K up, but I'm downloading from heanet at a steady 360Kb/s now. Regardless of download rate, latency is very low, gaming is smooth and downloading doesn't have much of an impact on gaming/browsing.

i must say the service seems to be holding well for me now, no packetloss that i had previously.
    I havnt been billed yet either but i hope its because of the bad service i had, i too dont want a huge bill of €400 taken i one go.
    And if so i would like to be notified pretty early before they do so, since after christmas the finances dont be as good as usual.

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Lads,

I moved to Metro about 6 weeks ago but still haven't been billed for the first month or the installation.

I rang up about 2 weeks ago and they said I should receive a bill in the post by around the 15th with the DD being taken this week, but still nothing.

I don't want a massive bill in January cause their billing department can't bill me on time - had enough of that crap with UTV

Anyone else had this?

Yes, I haven't been billed either. Still waiting and I don't know what's going on.

Does the first month only include the installation or are you billed for installation and monthly subscription? Or is the installation fee waived as part of the special (mine was installed over a month ago)

On the other hand, my service is not working 100% (Phone still dead) so I will be very unhappy if I am charged in full, unless Digiweb compensate for it in some way (for example waive my installation fee)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Any of the lads from Digiweb wanna shed some light on this? I will NOT be happy if I get billed for 2 months + installation at once because your billing department can't do its job properly.

I rang last week and a Deborah (I think) was to call me back but never did & I don't have all day to be calling national numbers at peak rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Asok wrote:

I think I ordered about the same time as you? 6th or so. I rang before xmas and was told it not be done till jan :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Cork Digiweb Metre has been down now for 24 Hours. No Support working or anything... I am not happy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Cork Digiweb Metre has been down now for 24 Hours. No Support working or anything... I am not happy...

I'm not in Cork i'm in waterford and the service is working fine but if it was down for 24hrs i'd be so angry. There's no excuse for such a long period of downtime.

Yeah i am not happy to Say the Least no one to contact or anything...I am just after moving From Ibb....its now 26Hours and counting....... And no support till the 3rd i swear they better no this issue and working on resolving it.
    mickger wrote:
    I'm not in Cork i'm in waterford and the service is working fine but if it was down for 24hrs i'd be so angry. There's no excuse for such a long period of downtime.

Still Down anyway.... I am not happy!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Guys - there is an engineering team there working on this at the moment - it will be another couple of hours but it should be restored this evening. Sincere apologies.

I wouldnt of minded if they actually put a Support notice when you rang...
    BUt glad to see there working on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I wouldnt of minded if they actually put a Support notice when you rang...
    BUt glad to see there working on it...

Fair point....

Cork should now be fixed....again apologies for the delay.

Happy new year to all and thanks for all your support in 2005!

Just wasnt to sure if ye actually knew because when i when into if there was any service problem it said no....
    Ahwell Sorted now

Happy New Year.

Dan
    crawler wrote:
    Fair point....

Cork should now be fixed....again apologies for the delay.

Happy new year to all and thanks for all your support in 2005!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Thought I'd bring this thread back to the top of the forum again - I've finally had a callout from a couple of technicians.

After a quick signal check at the connection point for the cable modem (turned out to be an amazingly good "-3" for my digital signal strength) they look at me strangely and say that it really is a very very good signal and that I couldnt be having any trouble with it.

So I explain that my signal appears to fluctuate wildly, depending on the mood of my modem/receiver/cable/whatever - and they ring up tech support to find out just what's going on.

There have to be logs of what's going on with my account - I can't ring them 3 times a week for 2/3 months and there not be a single record of what happened on their system ....
    Yet that's exactly what appears to be the case... They're told by the tech on the phone that my modem, and signal, are perfect, and that the problem must be with my own pc.

However this was ruled out within the first 2 weeks of my having this problem. I tried a second pc, I tried _2_ other operating system on my own pc, and STILL the problem persisted. ffs the support staff know me as soon as they hear me say "Hey there, this is Daniel" - I've spoken to a guy called Ronan more times than I've had hot dinners, and he KNOWS I've been having issues with my connection.

But because right now, at this very moment in time, my connection appears to be in top form, I must be making it all up, and the onsite techs are told that they can go.
    Oh god I'm so angry right now :/

My first actual bad experience with Digiweb so far :(
    Sure - the connection's not been perfect, but it's useable, mostly. But not for gaming - no siree...

When my connection goes tit's up and my pings sky fluctuate wildly out of control, and packetloss hits 20%, again, I'm gonna let rip :/

</rant over>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

It's been crap for me for the last week and my emails are being ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Adey2002 wrote:
    It's been crap for me for the last week and my emails are being ignored.

PM me your details. No one's emails should be ignored - lets get to the bottom of this.

Chaz wrote:
    PM me your details. No one's emails should be ignored - lets get to the bottom of this.

Thanks Chaz. PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I Just gotta say its fìn great in Limerick
    lets hope it stays that way. Keep up
    the good work lads.

ricey wrote:
    I Just gotta say its fìn great in Limerick
    lets hope it stays that way. Keep up
    the good work lads.

I have to say that I agree. Although I'm having a problem at the moment, digiweb has been the best ISP i've had so far.

i must also say my connection has been in top form since the replacment modem and cpu.
    good work lads.

Plus i also got my 30 euro vouchers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

[/QUOTE]
    After a quick signal check at the connection point for the cable modem (turned out to be an amazingly good "-3" for my digital signal strength) they look at me strangely and say that it really is a very very good signal and that I couldnt be having any trouble with it.

So I explain that my signal appears to fluctuate wildly, depending on the mood of my modem/receiver/cable/whatever - and they ring up tech support to find out just what's going on.

There have to be logs of what's going on with my account - I can't ring them 3 times a week for 2/3 months and there not be a single record of what happened on their system ....
    Yet that's exactly what appears to be the case... They're told by the tech on the phone that my modem, and signal, are perfect, and that the problem must be with my own pc.

However this was ruled out within the first 2 weeks of my having this problem. I tried a second pc, I tried _2_ other operating system on my own pc, and STILL the problem persisted. ffs the support staff know me as soon as they hear me say "Hey there, this is Daniel" - I've spoken to a guy called Ronan more times than I've had hot dinners, and he KNOWS I've been having issues with my connection.

When my connection goes tit's up and my pings sky fluctuate wildly out of control, and packetloss hits 20%, again, I'm gonna let rip :/

</rant over>[/QUOTE]

Hey Zoro I was in a similar situation 6 weeks ago and the installers and engineers were stumped, moved dish, new dish new modem, new cable etc. Late that evening when all attempts to improve my service failed, I got a call from support to tell me some caches were cleared and that my service should now be ok, which it was, and has been since, apart from major downtime over xmas:(

On a different detail CHAZ!! could you please tell me if my phone number will continue to be listed in the 11811 directory and in the phone book, after it's reported to Metro, this is an important detail for me, support don't seem to have any information on the matter as yet, which puzzles me. Could you clear this up, I'm sure it's a concern for others too:)

Oh and no big deal at the moment but would chaz or crawler know when my phone should be on, and when im getting a bill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

*growl*

No support staff available today - it's sunday after all...
    And my connection has yet again gone to absolute sh*t. Ping spikes ranging from 15ms to 458ms (which is a lot better than it usually is when this happens). 'luckily' there's no packetloss.

All spikes are occuring on the internal digiweb network - with the 2 nodes between me and the server i'm pinging in question being:
    gi-0-0-61.dub-deg-br2.new.digiweb.ie
    gi-0-2-45.dub-deg-br1.new.digiweb.ie

My download speed is averaging at roughly 1.3megs, and my upload is 490k.
    Considering I'm on a 3meg/512 connection - that download is unacceptable.

But of course, there's nothing wrong with my connection whatsoever is there? Of course there's not...
    *pissed*

Advertisement