Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

ASAI will only deal with advertising in print, radio, and TV, from what I know. Companies can lie all they want on web sites apparently.

Lodging an ASAI complaint is excellent if there's an ad to complain about. No better way to give a company a kick up the arse. And it sounds like Digiweb needs it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

You're right but I'm fairly sure I've seen the phone service mentioned in Digiweb's print ads. Will check that out...
    Blaster99 wrote:
    ASAI will only deal with advertising in print, radio, and TV, from what I know. Companies can lie all they want on web sites apparently.

Lodging an ASAI complaint is excellent if there's an ad to complain about. No better way to give a company a kick up the arse. And it sounds like Digiweb needs it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

We have been without the Digiweb phone service since we had Metro installed i.e. around two months ago.

After a month or so of no service, we asked Digiweb for a discount but were flatly refused. The reason given was that the phone service was a "bonus" service, as if this meant that Digiweb could promise it, even be under contract to provide it, yet still have the option of not delivering it!

The notion that describing the Metro phone service as "free" or "bonus" in some way indemnifies Digiweb from state regulations concerning false advertising would be laughable were it not for the fact that our Eircom bills are racking up.

If someone from Digiweb is reading this, please get in touch and reassure us that our phone service will be provided in due course and that we'll shortly be getting what we pay for.

If not, we will be disconnecting from Metro. Furthermore, we'll be lodging an official complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland (ASAI).

Did you want to get your number ported? or were you happy with a brand new number?

If you wanted it ported then its the same Eircom delays that smart are getting I would assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

We were happy to get a brand new number. It just doesn't work.
    Jumpy wrote:
    Did you want to get your number ported? or were you happy with a brand new number?

If you wanted it ported then its the same Eircom delays that smart are getting I would assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Jumpy wrote:

All these services are setup with an arbitrary number initially and the porting is done afterwards. This has nothing to do with Smart's problems which are LLU specific. Eircom supports porting off their network.

Seeing as Blueface can allocate a number within 24 hours using very similar technology, Digiweb can do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

Hi all,

I'm using it in Limerick (Raheen) and it's working very well.

It drops down to less than 1Mbits/sec now and then, but mostly it works fine and I am very happy so far with the service.

I haven't tried the phone connection yet, but I'll give it a go when I get home tonight.

Does anyone know if Digiweb have given us a way of telling how to monitor the CAP?

I'm not a heavy user (although I went over 16G download on UTV clicksilver some months), just wondering whether they have implemented it yet.

regards,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

There is a slight speed issue in Limerick at the moment - we are aware and working on it.

Ghostrider, I, nor crawler will respond to your complaint on this public forum, nor via PM. I would suggest that you take the complaint via our support and account departments for attention. I will not discuss this publically for all types of reasons. Myself and I am sure Crawler 'help' out on boards to assist our clients where possible, whether its a service issue or a delayed install. Pending Legal or threatening type approaches I would rather have nothing to do with.

I can say that most of the voice provisioning issues are sorted as of midnight on Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Can you do anything with my delayed install chaz if I pm you the reference. Its almost two months since I ordered now and if I had known I was going to be waiting this long I wouldnt have bothered with digiweb.

Asok wrote:
    Can you do anything with my delayed install chaz if I pm you the reference. Its almost two months since I ordered now and if I had known I was going to be waiting this long I wouldnt have bothered with digiweb.

Send me a pm and ill see what i can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bokonon

I ordered (online) Metro for a Dublin home on January 4.

There was no mention of any delays in roll-out when I purchased; I received a reference number in my confirmation email immediately that my credit card was processed.

By Monday 16 January I had heard nothing whatsoever, so I called and spoke to a customer services agent. I told her I had expected some kind of communication from Metro by then.

She told me she "guaranteed" she would call me back with an installation date this week. This installation would "be one week after that".

Nothing happened. This evening I called Metro back and spoke to the same agent.

This time I was told that there are customers waiting "since November" to be installed; there "are not enough installers"; there are "others waiting since the start of December". There is no way of telling when I will be installed and she had no senior person to whom I could seek further information.

The agent could not speak to the installation manager, there was no one further for me to talk to, I may or may not be notified of installation next week. Furthermore, if I wasn't contacted next week then I may or may not be contacted the week after.

There was no way of telling, there was nothing she could do, and no-one that she could transfer me to who would be able to do anything for me.

She knew no more about the situation and could not tell me anyone in the organisation who could help.

I told her that the main reason I ordered from Metro was to avoid Eircom, and this was all gone very Eircom. She said, "I can cancel your order if you want".

I'm now wondering about this whole organisation.

Some questions:

- How long does it take to get installed? I noticed a guy up there saying he's been waiting about 7 weeks. Seven weeks!!!
    - Is support (once installed) this bad?
    - Is it actually worth the wait? I mean feckit if it's just Eircom in sheeps' clothing, I may as well just go for Eircom?
    - Does anyone know if there is any avenue for contacting Metro sales/installation? I might as well be talking to myself as talking to the 1800-number.

And finally, I'm obviously talking for a lot of people who are in exactly the same situation as me when I ask:

Should I wait? Or should I go back to the drawing board...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Packet loss in Limerick has been atrocious since 2pm this afternoon. It seemed to actually be back to full working order before that.

--- www.boards.ie ping statistics ---
    200 packets transmitted, 77 packets received, 61% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 16.577/20.119/24.775/1.523 ms

61% packet loss basically makes the connection unuseable for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Chaz u pm me 2 weeks ago regarding my phone service i still have not heard anything its been 7 weeks not come on like getting a bit of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

Hi all,

Getting heavy packet loss here too in Raheen, Limerick.

C:\>tracert www.boards.ie

Tracing route to www.boards.ie [82.195.136.250]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms X.Y.Z.A
    2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms B.C.D.E
    3 10 ms 12 ms 11 ms 83.147.171.1
    4 11 ms 12 ms 11 ms gi-0-1-60.lmk-ar1.net.digiweb.ie [83.147.163.249
    ]
    5 * 16 ms 17 ms gi-0-2-45.dub-deg-br1.net.digiweb.ie [83.147.163
    .38]
    6 * 18 ms 18 ms panama-inex.hosting365.ie [193.242.111.87]
    7 21 ms 20 ms 20 ms corerouter1.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.7]
    8 21 ms * 17 ms boards.ie [82.195.136.250]

Trace complete.

C:\>

regards,
    Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

just as a matter of interest whats the average time to get metro broadband connected? If its more than 3 weeks I'm canceling and going IBB regardless of service.

There is a problem in Limerick. ESB are working on it.

Is there an ETA for when things may get back to normal Chaz? Tonight sometime?

Moriarty wrote:
    Is there an ETA for when things may get back to normal Chaz? Tonight sometime?

Hope to have it sorted tomrrow morning - the guys are running tests tongiht across the fibre and cross connects - think there is a problem between ESB and DEG. There will therefore be some disruptions - after 2am or so.

ESB have said they will do the repair work at 7am. Hopefully the fault is found and sorted then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bokonon wrote:
    I ordered (online) Metro for a Dublin home on January 4.

There was no mention of any delays in roll-out when I purchased; I received a reference number in my confirmation email immediately that my credit card was processed.

Some questions:

- How long does it take to get installed? I noticed a guy up there saying he's been waiting about 7 weeks. Seven weeks!!!
    - Is support (once installed) this bad?
    - Is it actually worth the wait? I mean feckit if it's just Eircom in sheeps' clothing, I may as well just go for Eircom?
    - Does anyone know if there is any avenue for contacting Metro sales/installation? I might as well be talking to myself as talking to the 1800-number.

And finally, I'm obviously talking for a lot of people who are in exactly the same situation as me when I ask:

Should I wait? Or should I go back to the drawing board...?

Based on the postings here I have been strongly recommending a friend of mine to go with Metro as his line does not qualify for bb. However reading the post above and the lack for response to it from the Metro reps on here I would be very reluctant to let him go ahead now.:confused:

Ever if there is bad news customers and would be customers appreciate honesty and clarity.

Chaz wrote:
    Hope to have it sorted tomrrow morning - the guys are running tests tongiht across the fibre and cross connects - think there is a problem between ESB and DEG. There will therefore be some disruptions - after 2am or so.

ESB have said they will do the repair work at 7am. Hopefully the fault is found and sorted then.

Okey. Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Digiweb customer service, Email support and the posters Crawler and Chaz all individually have been FAR more helpful, courtious and speeding in responding than the industry norm. I have been installing Network systems and organising Internet (Dialup, ISDN, BB, Leased line etc) for clients for nearly ten years.

Today was the first time I experienced serious problem with performance. The phone issue in Limerick seems to be an initial roll out problem. I'd imagine soon new customers will get phone connection working within a short time of install.

I'm amazed Digweb haven't blamed Eircom. Other operators tend to blame everyone except themselves.

I won't even begin to tell the horror stories I encountered personally or my clients over the last ten years with IOL, Eircom, MSN Ireland, Indigo, IBB and Chorus.

I do still have a problem (or did this morning I havn't checked) with O/G audio quality on phone. An operator with no problems doesn't exist. But I like one were I think the issues ARE getting addressed, instead of the past history I have encountered of denial that a problem exists at all. The record I know of was FIVE YEARS to get someone to test properly a line. When it was tested, it was repaired. All that time they denied ther was ANY problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

watty wrote:
    The Digiweb customer service, Email support and the posters Crawler and Chaz all individually have been FAR more helpful, courtious and speeding in responding than the industry norm. I have been installing Network systems and organising Internet (Dialup, ISDN, BB, Leased line etc) for clients for nearly ten years.

Today was the first time I experienced serious problem with performance. The phone issue in Limerick seems to be an initial roll out problem. I'd imagine soon new customers will get phone connection working within a short time of install.

I'm amazed Digweb haven't blamed Eircom. Other operators tend to blame everyone except themselves.

I won't even begin to tell the horror stories I encountered personally or my clients over the last ten years with IOL, Eircom, MSN Ireland, Indigo, IBB and Chorus.

Well both bokonon's and daithi1' s posts which asked a number of pertinent questions were pointedly ignored by the Mero rep who chose to answer another query.

Yep, Limerick still at dial-up speeds.
    It doesnt sound like the ESB to wait until the next morning to fix a fault.
    Especially when companies have clients disrupted.

dub45 wrote:
    Well both bokonon's and daithi1' s posts which asked a number of pertinent questions were pointedly ignored by the Mero rep who chose to answer another query.

We offer this as a free service. I do this in my free time as I can. Its not an official channel - perhaps I just did not have the time to respond to the long post that was there.

The problem with boards to some extent is that it doesnt matter what you do, there will always been someone to knock you - no matter how well you do it. Mistakes are just not tolerated, let alone the fact that I have sat here at 1am supporting clients while I am not even a support agent. I do it to promte the company and I get a sense of satisfaction when I do manage to help people.

I sometimes wonder why I bother. I left boards before due to the abuse, and will happily again. I promote the company I work for, by no means is this and offcial or support channel.

Id rather you didnt.
    It takes a thick skin to do what you do, and the metro people here appreciate it highly.

Whats a good signal to noise ratio? Mine is sitting at 30db atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Chaz wrote:
    We offer this as a free service. I do this in my free time as I can.

The problem with boards to some extent is that it doesnt matter what you do, there will always been someone to knock you - no matter how well you do it.

I'm as guilty as they come in that regard Chaz.

Thank you (and crawler aswell) for your superb help in dealing with my own issues, as well as those of others.
    Since the recent work on Digiweb's hardware (I believe?) I've yet to experience a single problem with the connection. It's now what I expected it to be from day one, and I'm overjoyed that I have a fully working, reliable connection.

I've been one of your biggest thorns since I signed up, and I fully acknowledge that I probably annoyed every single man and woman in the company that dealt with me. For this reason alone I should be much more vocal about the service that is now top notch.

So once again, well done, and thank you for all your help. It was appreciated at every single step, and it's definitely worth your superiors looking favourably upon both yourself and the support staff on the end of the phones.

Daniel

Aye I'm just going to echo Khannie's sentiments. Thankyou for taking the time to respond to everyone's querys even though you are under no obligation to. Its very much appreciated.

I'm zoro :p

Bloody sigs declaring love for khannie and such! How am I meant to keep up!

• Advertisement

:d

Advertisement