Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i also have to echo what the rest have said here, i find it more personal to be dealing with either you Chaz or Crawler, any pm's i sent or topics i posted were sorted, service did have its ups and downs but is stable now, you informed us all of what was happening and tbh id rather know whats going on than not knowing at all, its those things that count in keeping a customer base, i know all about it myself, customers appreciate when you contact them about this and that, its the likes of that, that keep a customer rest assured and not wondering whats happening.
    ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Chaz wrote:
    We offer this as a free service. I do this in my free time as I can. Its not an official channel - perhaps I just did not have the time to respond to the long post that was there.

The problem with boards to some extent is that it doesnt matter what you do, there will always been someone to knock you - no matter how well you do it. Mistakes are just not tolerated, let alone the fact that I have sat here at 1am supporting clients while I am not even a support agent. I do it to promte the company and I get a sense of satisfaction when I do manage to help people.

I sometimes wonder why I bother. I left boards before due to the abuse, and will happily again. I promote the company I work for, by no means is this and offcial or support channel.

If you are on here representing a company then you are representing the Company. And you state that you do it to promote the Company!!!! It sounds like you want to take the good part of being on boards and find the down side i.e the criticism objectionable.

How are people to know whether you do it for nothing or for payment? customers pay for a service and i honestly dont think people should feel especially grateful when company reps come on here. BB is fair investement of money on peoples part and in general customer service is pretty dire. Why shouldnt we get proper answers from company reps?

To ask how long it it likely to be before someone is connected is not an unreasonable question to ask by any means and should be relatively easy to answer paraticularly when the company is not dependent on Eircom for its installations? And if a company rep is not inclined to answer such a question what are potential customers supposed to think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

dub45 wrote:
    If you are on here representing a company then you are representing the Company. And you state that you do it to promote the Company!!!! It sounds like you want to take the good part of being on boards and find the down side i.e the criticism objectionable.

How are people to know whether you do it for nothing or for payment? customers pay for a service and i honestly dont think people should feel especially grateful when company reps come on here. BB is fair investement of money on peoples part and in general customer service is pretty dire. Why shouldnt we get proper answers from company reps?

To ask how long it it likely to be before someone is connected is not an unreasonable question to ask by any means and should be relatively easy to answer paraticularly when the company is not dependent on Eircom for its installations? And if a company rep is not inclined to answer such a question what are potential customers supposed to think?

There are many departments in a company. I dont think Chaz is a customer service rep judging by what he fixes.
    If you want that information ring Digiweb. If you have it installed and want issue information? Then ask him. Dont give him crap, he does this in his own time as he has posted, and I dont particularly want him leaving in a huff because of harrassment by people like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

dub45 wrote:
    How are people to know whether you do it for nothing or for payment?

And more to the point, who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bokonon

Jumpy wrote:
    If you want that information ring Digiweb.

If only it were so simple, Jumpy! Read back on my original post.

This thread - "Are you happy with your service" - appears to be more for communication with some of Metro's technical staff.

Perhaps it was not the right place for voicing a concern about Metro's installation, as this has put people's noses out of joint and the original question has now been lost. I really do want an answer, if there is one out there!

And I'm not picking on anyone!!

I will repost the original question in the main forum under a new topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Chaz - any update on Limerick? It's still high packetloss country down here atm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Blaster99 wrote:
    And more to the point, who cares?

If an employee comes on here - in their own words to promote their company - then the people who post in response to the presnce of that person are entitled to know in what capacity those employess are on here. Is the employee concerned a metro rep in a limited capacity or in any capacity at all?

And if pointing out that a 'rep' ignored very pertinent questions which would cause me concern about recommending a company to someone is 'giving that person crap' then they are very sensitive indeed.

Moriarty, see your PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Socket Error

Connection to Remote Host timed out

dub45 wrote:
    If an employee comes on here - in their own words to promote their company - then the people who post in response to the presnce of that person are entitled to know in what capacity those employess are on here. Is the employee concerned a metro rep in a limited capacity or in any capacity at all?

And if pointing out that a 'rep' ignored very pertinent questions which would cause me concern about recommending a company to someone is 'giving that person crap' then they are very sensitive indeed.

Its not just you though. Hes here answering the questions that he can. If theres an unanswered question then you need to go to the source. Ie Call Digiweb.

• Advertisement

watty wrote:
    Socket Error

Connection to Remote Host timed out

I got a PM earlier. Its being worked on as high priority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

any more updates on the limerick area?
    This is supposed to have been resolved by the ESB at 7am..

Airblazer wrote:
    any more updates on the limerick area?
    This is supposed to have been resolved by the ESB at 7am..

No ETA I have been told.

I know its not their problem, but send an email onto complaints@digiweb.ie if the complaint is not logged then you wont be able to apply for any refund/compensation. Just dont be nasty, theres not much they can do about this until the ESB fix it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

What you mean there is not much they can do about it? Man there better
    be something done about it because this is a joke i had a lot to do online last night and put it off untill today because we were told it would be ok by 7am
    now its 2pm and there is still nothing done.

ricey wrote:
    What you mean there is not much they can do about it? Man there better
    be something done about it because this is a joke i had a lot to do online last night and put it off untill today because we were told it would be ok by 7am
    now its 2pm and there is still nothing done.

The problem is with their supplier, hence they are in the same boat as us. They have to wait for them. Im sure they are in regular contact. However, I am not at home now, I dont know .. it might even be fixed already.

Anyway, theres not much that they can do from posts on boards, if you are particularly upset, email the adress I posted, but as I said be nice, they cant help this situation.

Ya i know man. Seems to be a little better now.

ricey wrote:
    Ya i know man. Seems to be a little better now.

whats the result of a speed test from www.irishisptest.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Asok wrote:
    Can you do anything with my delayed install chaz if I pm you the reference. Its almost two months since I ordered now and if I had known I was going to be waiting this long I wouldnt have bothered with digiweb.

I done that the other day, got a very speedy reply from chaz saying he will see what he can do. Then a second to say he said it to the folks in installs... I got a phone call today to see if I was at home for the install to be done. Wasn't so aranged it for monday. Cheers for the help Chaz

No. Still packet loss of 80-90%

Quickly losing happy demeanour.

I am going to be well pissed if I have to drive into work tonight.

Wonder how long this will take to post.

oooh ohh, no packet loss.... is it fixed?

• Advertisement

2.9mb Down 480kb up from www.irishisptest.com

Hats off to you techie people :D ye have fixed it!

*dances*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

3 cheers!!!! hip hip **** esb

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

thanks Digiweb,

Working fine here too.

regards,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Someone beat me to it ...

Yes, fixed. Apologies from Digiweb's side for this downtime. A problem switch on the ESB network was to blame. Needless to say, words will be had with them about the poor response time(s) to get this resolved.

Well done lads iv been missing my BB...LOL

Chaz wrote:

Yes, fixed. Apologies from Digiweb's side for this downtime. A problem switch on the ESB network was to blame. Needless to say, words will be had with them about the poor response time(s) to get this resolved.

Kick their ass :D

Usually they are good. However I have never had to deal with their network side. I didnt think anyone was using it yet, I thought it was still dark fibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Chaz wrote:

Tbh the esb should be more responsive than that, i deal with them every week, but i suppose its dublin really, dont know about down the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Faster than ever... Working perfect here. Too fast to see speed of typical files downloading!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭TheGreatest

watty wrote:
    Faster than ever...

same here too, works like rocket:D

Advertisement