Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Sparky_S wrote:
    id like to see if this is common across all users, as i wouldnt like it as id get frustrated, could it be a DNS issue i wonder?
    I'm on the Basic package - and I've noticed this problem too.

I've also found that quite a few sites seem to .... not work quite right at night.
    It's a strange one cause I can't pinpoint the problem, The banking365 site for both AIB and Bank Of Ireland seem to jump up and down on the net like rabbits. Which makes no sense, as I've never heard of a single outtage for those services.
    But it's happening daily for me at the moment :/

The direct link to a site that's _not_ working right now, is [url=https://internetbanking.aib.ie/hb1/roi/presign.jsp[/url]AIB Link[/url] <--there

But, it's working 10 seconds later, and then it's NOT working 10 seconds after that. It's highly erratic, and extrememly frustrating.

Often, pages load halfway, then just die out and refuse to load any more.
    When I get my linux box up and running I'll be able to test this with more than one PC so I can completely rule out my own box. But I've a strong feeling that it's not just my box :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

zoro wrote:
    I'm on the Basic package - and I've noticed this problem too.

I've also found that quite a few sites seem to .... not work quite right at night.
    It's a strange one cause I can't pinpoint the problem, The banking365 site for both AIB and Bank Of Ireland seem to jump up and down on the net like rabbits. Which makes no sense, as I've never heard of a single outtage for those services.
    But it's happening daily for me at the moment :/

The direct link to a site that's _not_ working right now, is [url=https://internetbanking.aib.ie/hb1/roi/presign.jsp[/url]AIB Link[/url] <--there

But, it's working 10 seconds later, and then it's NOT working 10 seconds after that. It's highly erratic, and extrememly frustrating.

Often, pages load halfway, then just die out and refuse to load any more.
    When I get my linux box up and running I'll be able to test this with more than one PC so I can completely rule out my own box. But I've a strong feeling that it's not just my box :/

Yeah thats exactly the same with me and its damn frustrating at times.
    Also i could'nt reply to this post using Metro it was stalling for a few mins and then just not sending.Ended up sending it using Clicksilver :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

AIB link does not load for me either. Another won't load - www.northernrock-ireland.ie as well as www.grc.com and hotmail page(after entering your login details)!

gurramok wrote:
    AIB link does not load for me either. Another won't load - www.northernrock-ireland.ie as well as www.grc.com and hotmail page(after entering your login details)!
    All of those are giving problems for me aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

zoro wrote:
    All of those are giving problems for me aswell

Change the MTU settings on the router to 1400.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

lads im getting mine installed between monday and wednesday, so ill report on stats, to see what the craic is.

i think its gone down in last half hour, i can barely ping even digiweb themselves. Back to my dsl link for now.

gurramok wrote:
    i think its gone down in last half hour, i can barely ping even digiweb themselves. Back to my dsl link for now.

Looks like its gone belly up. I tried to load a host of websites and they wont load. Its back to DSL for me too i'm afraid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Its back up. Not sure yet what the problem was - but looks to be sorted.

Chaz wrote:
    Its back up. Not sure yet what the problem was - but looks to be sorted.

Its back up Chaz but we still have the problem with loading websites as referenced in the posts above. You got any idea why thats happening???

• Advertisement

mickger wrote:
    Its back up Chaz but we still have the problem with loading websites as referenced in the posts above. You got any idea why thats happening???

Our network engineers are aware of this and working on a resolve.

Chaz wrote:
    Our network engineers are aware of this and working on a resolve.

I hope they resolve it soon because when you get results on a speed test like i just did you couldn't recommend the service to anyone.See attachment :mad:

The metro service is down again can't load any websites now.Whats going on? Its been really awful since i got it installed on friday. i'm back on clicksilver now. Looking like i wont be able to cancel it and just take the hit for Metro for the six months. The short honeymoon period is well over for Metro i think.

ah come on :(
    about 10 posts have just disappeared :(

Chaz: Any updates yet?

Its back up now in case anyone didn't know but the websites mentioned still do not load at all though pinagable ok!

So far the following websites does not load:
    www.grc.com
    www.northernrock-ireland.ie
    www.microsoft.com
    www.ratemyteachers.ie
    www.lidl.ie
    plus the AIB internet banking link

Rest i've tested that do load do load fast as expected.

fyi:
    tracert www.northernrock-ireland.ie

Tracing route to www.northernrock-ireland.ie [193.19.170.7]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 16 ms 12 ms 12 ms 83.147.165.1
    2 15 ms 11 ms 11 ms 83.147.163.161
    3 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms gi-0-2-45.dub-deg-br1.net.digiweb.ie [83.147.163
    .38]
    4 27 ms 28 ms 25 ms 816.ge5-0.mpr1.lhr1.uk.above.net [213.161.79.65]

5 27 ms 28 ms 28 ms pos4-0.mpr2.lhr1.uk.above.net [208.185.156.14]
    6 27 ms 29 ms 29 ms linx-gw2.onyx.net [195.66.226.35]
    7 31 ms 28 ms 29 ms orange-ge0-2_1.onyx.net [195.97.199.101]
    8 28 ms 25 ms 29 ms serviceberry-ge0-3.onyx.net [194.176.73.113]
    9 47 ms 47 ms 49 ms spruce-s2-0.onyx.net [194.176.70.214]
    10 51 ms 50 ms 48 ms onyx.greyst.f-1-2-newyork.f20.databanx.net [195.
    97.199.30]
    11 50 ms 51 ms 48 ms 213.131.126.50
    12 54 ms 50 ms 47 ms vlan-4.yggdrasill.mls.databanx.net [193.19.168.1
    15]
    13 50 ms 50 ms 49 ms ip7.thinkco.com [193.19.170.7]

Trace complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Hi there,

Can you download Dr TCP from here :-

http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp

And run it....

Once running change the "MAXMtu" box in the bottom right hand corner to 1440 and click apply.

Then restart your PC.

This should solve ALL issues with sites not loading.

Working on a fix within the network for this but this will work perfectly also :)

mickger wrote:
    The metro service is down again can't load any websites now.Whats going on? Its been really awful since i got it installed on friday. i'm back on clicksilver now. Looking like i wont be able to cancel it and just take the hit for Metro for the six months. The short honeymoon period is well over for Metro i think.

Mickger (and all) - apologies for the outages, was nothing to do with Metro as such.

All should be well now (couldnt post this until now as boards was down :) )

crawler wrote:
    Hi there,

Can you download Dr TCP from here :-

http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp

And run it....

Once running change the "MAXMtu" box in the bottom right hand corner to 1440 and click apply.

Then restart your PC.

This should solve ALL issues with sites not loading.

Working on a fix within the network for this but this will work perfectly also :)

Works a treat, websites load in an instant, thanks for that.

Folks,

The issue for all customers connected to 3Rock and Finglas should now be resolved for websites that could not be accessed. There should be no need to change the MTU as outlined above, a modem restart may be needed.

This is for customers connected to 3Rock and Finglas in Dublin.

We should have the issue resolved for other cities in the next few days.

Thanks for pointing this out for us - feedback is always appreciated and we are really working hard to iron out all teething issues! We checked with a few customers and they confirmed it is now working. Please let us know if this is not the case. Checked AIB, BOI Hotmail, GRC etc...

For customers in other cities, the Dr TCP solution above will work perfectly but we will fix it in the core over the coming days.

:)

todd10k wrote:
    hello, ive been a metro customer now for about 3 days. your service and connection speeds/latency/bandwidth are a massive improvement to the irish broadband connection i used to have.

however, your service is not without it's flaws. and it just has one. just this, tiny, little one.

there seems to be a latency problem at 83.147.163.161
    and 83.147.163.38. Not packet loss (altho a few packets were dropped at those ips), just latency. it will spike to 500 latency every few minutes or so and remain there for a moment or two, then will continue on. it dosnt have a pattern, altho appears to happen every minute or so, if not more. below is a screenshot of the problem.

i do not know why the problem occurs. as you can see, the connection between my radio and the gateway is perfect. this exact same problem happened with irish broadband, however, it seems that digiweb are handling it better. i havnt informed the tech support department of this problem yet.

i really love the job you digiweb guys are doing, great stuff. i downloaded the COD2 demo last night from fileplanet at 400 kB/s. but, at heart, im a gamer. this type of latency problem can cause me distress. ill be getting on to them tomorrow about this, hopefully its something they can remedy.

Now, i know what some of you guys are thinking"theyre gonna be another irish broadband", they wont, trust me. theyre radios are smaller :P

Todd - we have taken note of those screenshots and checking where problems could be. Some have been due to MTU which has been addressed. Keep in mind that pings should be done with the connection idle. I know that today your latency between your CM and the base station has been high - this is because the upload is being maxed out.

• Advertisement

Firstly the positives,download speeds are super,couldnt ask for better really,customer service has been top notch. Had to make a call when i got the service on friday and the problem was fixed within the hour.
    Next the negatives,browsing has been very sluggish pages will half download then stop for a few seconds and start to load again.This has been on maybe 20 sites that i visit most often.For a 3meg connection these pages should be loading lightning fast but are not.Pings last night were all over the place.
    Overall im fairly happy with the service but id like the phone service to be working and the issues with websites loading to be sorted. Hopefully this will happen soon.

Ps thanks to chaz and Crawler for there input and updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Been honest about it im just sick of waiting....5/6 weeks now.
    There is a problem in Limerick and Digiweb have said
    nothing will be going ahead for a wile yet!
    not a good start.

Mickger: It's likely that the MTU problems that they're experiencing on the hardward end is causing the site problems you're having. I'll reset my router when I get home from work later on and test the sites that have been giving me difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

ricey wrote:
    not a good start.

Still waiting too... 5 weeks now.:mad:

Emailed them yesterday and all they had to say was that there is a problem in the Limerick area:(

AND JUST TO RUB IT IN, THE B*ST*RDS HAVE AN AD SCROLLING ALONG AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD!!!!

im getting mine installed tomorrow morning, but i have a feeling the installer may put it off due to bad weather

How do i set up a new email address with Digiweb/Metro? Ive checked the Faq on the Digiweb site and cant see any info on how to. Also when will the phone service be active? Any update on when the MTU problem will be fixed in the Waterford area. I'm more and more impressed with Metro as the days go by and now i can cancel clicksilver knowing ive got a great service in Metro.

mickger wrote:
    How do i set up a new email address with Digiweb/Metro? Ive checked the Faq on the Digiweb site and cant see any info on how to. Also when will the phone service be active? Any update on when the MTU problem will be fixed in the Waterford area. I'm more and more impressed with Metro as the days go by and now i can cancel clicksilver knowing ive got a great service in Metro.

glad to hear its got better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ricey wrote:
    not a good start.

HAHA, I was called on tuesday saying that Metro is fully available in Limerick, I signed up. I think I may call back and unsign. I am not THAT unhappy with my BT connection.

As an edit: I find it very unprofessional that you dont have a hold system on your main 1800 number. Being asked to leave a message after the beep strikes me as very 'small business'

Guys,

The reason there has been a hold on installs in Limerick is due to a site issue. We had identified a few sites and had hoped to get a certain site but this was not forthcoming. We then decided to build on Site B being the 2nd choice - however since then Site A has become available and we are in the process of moving our equipment to this site for testing and if suitable a full build will take place.

I am in Limerick today and tomorrow for the testing and should be able to to give an indication of which site we have selected. I cannot mention sites as these are sensitive until signed - we are simply trying to get the best coverage for Limerick - which is better for both Digiweb and its potential client base. The delay has not been intentional - we do not believe in saying 'two weeks - two weeks' - this has been the only site, out of our national build that has gone partially sour.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Chaz wrote:
    Guys,

The reason there has been a hold on installs in Limerick is due to a site issue. We had identified a few sites and had hoped to get a certain site but this was not forthcoming. We then decided to build on Site B being the 2nd choice - however since then Site A has become available and we are in the process of moving our equipment to this site for testing and if suitable a full build will take place.

I am in Limerick today and tomorrow for the testing and should be able to to give an indication of which site we have selected. I cannot mention sites as these are sensitive until signed - we are simply trying to get the best coverage for Limerick - which is better for both Digiweb and its potential client base. The delay has not been intentional - we do not believe in saying 'two weeks - two weeks' - this has been the only site, out of our national build that has gone partially sour.

Thanks

Can I assume Riverpoint?

Or are we talking keeper/woodcock hills?

Edit *slaps self in head* read whole post before replying........ never mind about the question. didnt see the sensitive bit.

Advertisement