Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I am in Cork my connection speeds are about 2.8mbs and 420up.... Boards is dog slow alright.

Jeez, I'm getting dial_up speeds here in Cork today 66kbps, it's been getting progressively worse over the last few couple of weeks, but today is just the pits. I decided a couple of weeks ago NOT to transfer my phone over to Metro because the service quality is unacceptable, now I'm seriously begining to wonder about their entire service. I am not pleased, and have not felt comfortable with the quality of service since it was installed 7 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

I'm afraid this has nothing to do with Boards everything is dog slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

I'm afraid this has nothing to do with Boards everything is dog slow

Can you please PM me your details so that I can have it looked at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Today I had a small blip but it seems to be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Day 6 of just getting a flashing internet light without any connection at all.

Still no response from my initial telephone call and emails sent since, tried calling today and couldn't even get through.

IBB saga all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

zoro wrote:
    Sparky - could you ring up and let them know that you're having this problem as well please?
    I'm just off the phone with Mark, and he hasn't heard of anyone experiencing this problem at all - so it'd be useful to show that it's not just me!

crap didnt look here this morning, i will try to ring at some stage, but tbh this week is a busy week for me, ill try at lunch time tomorrow, but i wont be at home to try anything with the equipment.

678k down now 854 up at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

@Chaz:

Since i got my connection installed last friday, i've had consistant packet loss of min: 2%, avg: 4-7% (depending on time of day), max:60% on my metro connection. I've rung up and been told i'll be getting an engineer callout.

Will an engineer be able to do anything for me? I'm told signal strength is fine, and the signal quality is fine. Is it just a case of maxed out bandwidth at your highsites? I'd hate for an engineer to callout wasting his time trying to fix something he can't fix.

I'm on the threerock mast.

Judging from the times i'm getting packetloss, i'd say its more than likely a problem with maxing out bandwidth. Major packetloss seems to happen at the "peak" hours, such as 9:15-9:30 ish (just after people get to work). 1pm-2pm (lunchtime), 4:50-5:25 (not really sure what this corresponds to :P) 6:15-6:45pm(when they get home from work).

btw when do we know we are being charged, do we get reminder emails?
    Im only asking because i want to know when digiweb take out their charges from my credit card,

A lump sum of about €650 to €700 on my card in one go will be a bit steep, i would of being ok at 110 every month.

Im only wondering because im making a rather large purchase on my card this week and i dont want to have digiweb putting me in the bad credit department because my card will come up Not Authorised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

My CC had been billed for the year for total of €578(dated at the start of Feb, had Oct install), no invoice yet as to how this total has been reached.

Also for the first time in literally nearly 4 months, my connection is now very slow with sluggish loading of web pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

I got metro installed in early december and I had the pleasure of being charged on the 6th of february, for €423.50. Phone service still won't allow incoming calls, and digiweb haven't gotten back to me since last week, around the time they took the money in fact :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

hi
    does anyone have pics of the units put on the house, despite what I'm reading, I'd still like to give Digiweb a try, and I've just had the installers around, and they cant get a signal from my house because of a church across the road, but they can get one from the next house, and I would like a pic to show the neighbour, so I can ask permission to let them put it on his chimney ???

if you could email to edgriffscr@yahoo.ie , I'd appreciate it

Ta

Ed

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Freeman wrote:
    I got metro installed in early december and I had the pleasure of being charged on the 6th of february, for €423.50. Phone service still won't allow incoming calls, and digiweb haven't gotten back to me since last week, around the time they took the money in fact :mad:

Let us hope that Metro are not becoming the new EsatBt - we dont need another one. If metro are debit ccs without warning they as far as I am aware they are in clear breach of the code of practise in relation to card debiting - you should check this with your card issuer. this brochure covers direct debits

http://www.ipso.ie/frames/documents/PayersGuide.pdf

and you will see in it that advance notice is required of any intending debit - a call to ipso might might also be worthwhile.

It shows total disregard for a customer to debit any account without warning and speaks volumes for any company that would behave in this way!!!!!!!

im only worried that ill get bad credit, however i have noticed that €500 was taken from my card, ill have to wait till the 20th to see the statement or ring Banking 365.

With most people you have it down to a fine art where you know when a bill is coming out of your account, mine was in top condition.
    I assumed digiweb would take out €110 each month at a set date, not leave it for a while and then whack somebody with a huge lumpsum.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sparky-s wrote:
    im only worried that ill get bad credit, however i have noticed that €500 was taken from my card, ill have to wait till the 20th to see the statement or ring Banking 365.

With most people you have it down to a fine art where you know when a bill is coming out of your account, mine was in top condition.
    I assumed digiweb would take out €110 each month at a set date, not leave it for a while and then whack somebody with a huge lumpsum.

People need to manage their account and need to know when debits are likely to hit it particularly as banks are very quick to impose extra charges if you go into the red (or over a credit limit) and most companies have their own 'fines' if direct debits are returned unpaid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Please no it isn't €110?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The 4mb/1mb service is €90+vat (€108.90) per month. I presume he's on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

dub45 wrote:
    Let us hope that Metro are not becoming the new EsatBt -

Going by some of the service performance experiences here, I'd say they wished.

Moriarty wrote:
    The 4mb/1mb service is €90+vat (€108.90) per month. I presume he's on that.

yeah i am, since the service isnt the best now im thinking of downgrading or getting rid altogether after 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shane2005

gurramok wrote:
    My CC had been billed for the year for total of €578(dated at the start of Feb, had Oct install), no invoice yet as to how this total has been reached.

Did you get one yet?
    My cc was also debited for install and first month with no invoice or anything. Have people got itemised phone bills?

ive no paperwork at all, if this was for buisness i would want to be seeing an invoice every month.

theres not even an email with a pdf invoice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'd be curious about the billing and invoicing too if there are any answers...

My actual connection is still motoring along beautifully though (although still haven't tried the phone)

shane2005 wrote:
    Did you get one yet?
    My cc was also debited for install and first month with no invoice or anything. Have people got itemised phone bills?

No, not yet. Its ironic the first time i get a bill, my connection goes sh1t for first time in nearly 4 months!

Nothing about phone bill yet either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 philoreilly

I got the metro system in about 3 - 4 months ago. The broadband connection is fine but the phone line does not (and after i what i was told by one digiweb tech head today) will never work. And thats where they left it... Well thats just super, so now i have no phone line to my house... and they dont give a toss..... STAY AWAY.... BEWARE........ DANGER....... BAD........ TERRIBLE........ and just basically THICK....... :confused::confused::confused::confused: :mad: :confused: oh and if anyone in digiweb want to talk to me about it my email address is philoreilly@hotmail.com but i already know you dont care so why would you contact me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

Just noticed i got €237.99 debited from my cc...
    Don't have a clue why its this price as there was no bill!!!:mad:

Had it since december so install + 3 months bb???

3 months bb = 42.35 * 3 = €127.05

installation must = €110.94

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I've still not gotten my install done!!! After the tossers who first called out, a lad named Gerry came out and confirmed what I had been saying. That I had a perfict line of site. But I needed a later from next doors landlord. Got the letter and faxed it to gerry. who said he contacted installs yesturday to get it done asap.

I've not head crap from them. I would like a Saturday install as I have taken two days off work for this now. Seeing as I am Sole trader, I only get paid for days I work!! I have the right mind to invoice digi web for the time I have missed from work over all this. If I have to take an other day off for an install I will go nuts.

Hughesy wrote:
    Just noticed i got €237.99 debited from my cc...
    Don't have a clue why its this price as there was no bill!!!:mad:

Had it since december so install + 3 months bb???

3 months bb = 42.35 * 3 = €127.05

installation must = €110.94

I think mine is 42.35*11 + the install €110.94 = 577approx, its the only way it adds up, maybe i got a free month for paying all up front for year.

Guess we'll never know till they send out the invoices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

Just as a matter of interest gurramok: almost €600 for 12 months BB...

Do u think it was worth it???

Well for nearly 4months it was working upto standard up till last Weds when it became like an isdn connection without explanation!
    Phone hasnt worked properly on metro which is a downer but since discovered voip.
    Out of that almost €600 spend, i'm saving €288/yr on line rental which was free money to eircon in the first place.
    So i'm paying if bill is right about €48/month total broadband(compare dsl+line rental) and next year if i'm still with metro it'll be about €42/month as install cost won't be included.

It was worth it till a few days ago (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

just out of curioisity what is your experience of voip-line quality etc and which voip provider are you with?

• Advertisement

well this turned out great, there is a better service from my mobile via GPRS compared to metro right now.

My connection had its ups and downs i will have to say as its apparentely on the fringe of the signal.
    But as of recent my connection has been really bad, i was just thinking it could be me as of where i am, but having seen so many people with the same issues, i beg to wonder whats going on.

I have been told i should get the installer back, but tbh at this stage i dont care, in all fairness the installer told me what i have is the best signal ill get.
    But even at that it was good untill recent.

But more worrying is i know when my service is bad, but i dont know when my CC does be debited, its always nice to know beforehand when someone is going to take money from me, especially such a heavy amount.

I know im paying for a 4m/1m service but tbh i might aswell be paying for the standard service of 3/512k.

At the moment im glad i didnt take out my BT connection as i wouldnt be typing this.

If i do speed tests on Metro i get 3m then it drops to 112k/600k with pings of 678ms
    And there always seems to be packet loss in digiwebs network not from me to them.

I wouldnt say they are another IBB but they are not far off if it continues like this.
    I must say one thing atleast IBB sent out an invoice via email so you were informed.
    And with BT i had an overcharging incident once and to date everything is ok and i have a phone connection.
    I wouldnt bother using the connection on metro from what ive heard here.
    And i must also point out that this isnt anything against Chaz or Crawler, i understand that they can only do their best at their end, they have sorted out a few problems for me and fairs due to them they tried, but in my position i dont think my service will get any better.

I think its time i costed for getting NTL in to the house.

Advertisement