Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

According to the manual on http://www.thomson.net you cannot use a crossover to connect directly to a PC, so you must have grabbed a straight through. Anyway I now have a cable that I know works - will check it out tonight.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

stimpson wrote:
    OK, the lads were out to my house on Friday to do the install - 16 days after ordering. They were at it for a couple of hours and they said they had a signal but couldn't get an internet conneciton and I'd have to ring support. After 20 mins on hold I got to talk to someone who said to reboot the modem. I'd tried this a number of times with no luck. He put me on hold and then said they were working on allocating IP numbers. I rang back a couple of hours later and they swiched on my phone line - but still no net. Another hour and all was well. Speeds look good on irishisptest.com.

A couple of things though - support costs a fortune on a mobile
    Still only works on USB - ethernet wouldn't work at all
    My DECT phone doesn't ring correctly.

Overall I'm a happy camper. 7/10 - 9/10 if I can sort the ethernet & phone problems

Surely a customer should not have to spend a fortune on support on the day of installation????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Remember to reboot and possibly "ipconfig /renew" in CMD window after changing the Ethernet to DHCP.

watty wrote:
    There are a few different numbers to ring, inc geographic. If you have a CORPORATE account with Ericom they charge 1 Euro a minute or more from landline!.................................

What relevance has Eircom's Corporate account charges got to do with someone complaining that it costs a fortune ringing Metro (on mobile) and on the day of installation especially?

OK, plugged in new cable and power cycled the modem and what do ya know? It works! happy days.

As for the support costs, I don't think there is any excuse for the charges- especially if you are reliant on your mobile if their phone service goes down. Especially as you could be on hold for 30 mins. Whats wrong with a local number??

Anyway, thanks for the help watty...now if I could just get my DECT phone working....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

i thought 1890 was a local number?

is it not charged at local rates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

From a mobile that can be very expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Blaster99 wrote:
    From a mobile that can be very expensive.

yup - 22e gone in about 3 hours on hold a week or so ago.

dub45 wrote:
    What relevance has Eircom's Corporate account charges got to do with someone complaining that it costs a fortune ringing Metro (on mobile) and on the day of installation especially?

High support charges are not uncommon. My mobile bill on a customer site for Eircom ISDN buisness internet with over 2000Euro p.a. subscription on top of phone bills was over 50 Euro on day of install.

1890 xxxxx or a local Geographic number are both available for Digiweb. These are not premium charges.

Anyone having to make a long support phone call on install day that is not free phone should contact the the accounts dept and see if some compensation can be agreed. In Case of Eircom they are inflexible.

watty wrote:
    High support charges are not uncommon. My mobile bill on a customer site for Eircom ISDN buisness internet with over 2000Euro p.a. subscription on top of phone bills was over 50 Euro on day of install.

1890 xxxxx or a local Geographic number are both available for Digiweb. These are not premium charges.

Anyone having to make a long support phone call on install day that is not free phone should contact the the accounts dept and see if some compensation can be agreed. In Case of Eircom they are inflexible.

My point was that we are not discussing Eircom we are discussing Metro and someone having to spend a fortune contacting Metro on the day of install that is outrageous!!!!!!!!!!! and what does it say about the quality of installation if a customer has to do that??????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 philoreilly

Yeah i got the same bill.... no idea of what the feck they are billing me for.... €250... but i got mine installed during the 'free installation' promotion last nov. and my phone line still does not work...... total tossers.... i am awaiting a response from the company to see what they paln to do regarding my phone connection which they now say will never work, welll thanks for that, 5hitheads.... if i dont hear from them i will remove the crap on my roof myself and feck in in the bin...... cant wait for magnet to be available in my area.......

Hi

I have been just on to my Credit Card Company to ask about the lets just say strange charge on my card from digiweb. They suggested that if i dont receive any explanation from them regarding the charge that i should but a hold on the payment and then they will enquire themselves from digiweb into the details of the charge. If they do not hear back within 30 days they will charge digiweb and return the money to my credit card. So time is ticking for digiweb.

I suggest that everyone who is not happy with this do the same thing.... Lets put them under pressure to get off their butts and sort it out......

phil

If they have local numbers they don't advertise them. There are 2 numbers onthe invoice - sales is 1800 and support is 1890.

Do digiweb make any money off this or is Eircon coining it in?

After all is said and done I have to say that they do seem to offer great value and the joy of not having to pay for line rental is worth the odd expensive support call.

stimpson wrote:
    If they have local numbers they don't advertise them. There are 2 numbers onthe invoice - sales is 1800 and support is 1890.

Do digiweb make any money off this or is Eircon coining it in?

After all is said and done I have to say that they do seem to offer great value and the joy of not having to pay for line rental is worth the odd expensive support call.

my point is it IS a local support number, but not from a mobile phone, they cant control when you call it from

do any ISP provide a number charged the same from mobiles as landlines

I know that, but as I am reliant on digiweb for my landline, I would have to use my mobile if that goes down. And this was during install - before my landline was enabled!

Why can't they just use an 01 number???

The problem is more with rip off mobile phone pricing. Directory Enquiries and the Web site have the Dundalk numbers.

stimpson wrote:
    I know that, but as I am reliant on digiweb for my landline, I would have to use my mobile if that goes down. And this was during install - before my landline was enabled!

Why can't they just use an 01 number???

Because they are in Dundalk, not Dublin, its 042

There are a few companies outside Dublin. DELL, Analog Devices, Intel (Shannon as well as better known location), Apple, Aughanish Aluminium, Element 6 (De Beers), you know, typical small rural irish businesses that use donkey and gaslight :)

See
    http://www.digiweb.ie/contact.asp

watty wrote:
    Because they are in Dundalk, not Dublin, its 042

There are a few companies outside Dublin. DELL, Analog Devices, Intel (Shannon as well as better known location), Apple, Aughanish Aluminium, Element 6 (De Beers), you know, typical small rural irish businesses that use donkey and gaslight :)

See
    http://www.digiweb.ie/contact.asp

Wow - companies outside Dublin!! who would have guessed it?? I have lived and worked outside the Pale in the past so I am aware of the phenomenon. ;)

Intel and Dell are in the 01 area. Apple and Dell have 1850 support numbers - 30c per call from a mobile. What's the excuse for 1890???

As for the Dundalk number - that's great, but the whole point of the call was that I did not have internet access at the time - how hard would it be to print it on the invoice???

Intel and DELL are both 061 too you know.

stimpson wrote:
    Wow - companies outside Dublin!! who would have guessed it?? I have lived and worked outside the Pale in the past so I am aware of the phenomenon. ;)

Intel and Dell are in the 01 area. Apple and Dell have 1850 support numbers - 30c per call from a mobile. What's the excuse for 1890???

As for the Dundalk number - that's great, but the whole point of the call was that I did not have internet access at the time - how hard would it be to print it on the invoice???

you can hardly compare digiweb to dell and apple

there is no excuse for 1890, seeing as most, if not all, isp's support numbers are 1890

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

tbh i would of never seem digiweb like this, i thought they were a proper company.
    In saying lets face it i expected a bill at some stage just not so high, i expected it in november, no bill, december, no bill either so i suppose i should be counted lucky that its now rather than april and a whacking for over a grand.

Still no paperwork either. At this moment i feel like i have just giving all my CC details to some stranger in the street to use at their own will.

• Advertisement

Obviously you havn't used payment by CC to Sky or bank DD very much. You never get any paper work for those either except the bank or CC company statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

watty wrote:
    Obviously you havn't used payment by CC to Sky or bank DD very much. You never get any paper work for those either except the bank or CC company statements.
    but at least sky's come out monthy, and the same date every month!!!

Not randomly:mad:

watty wrote:

Sky's behaviour or indeed any other company's behaviour in relation to direct debits is totally irrelevant in this case.

the simple fact is that digiweb have treated their cusomters appallingly and in the process broken the ipso's guidelines in relation to direct debits.

http://www.ipso.ie/frames/documents/OriginatorsDay-to-Dayfinal_001.pdf
    Originatiors must must in place reliable systems which will ensure the issuance of correct advance notification as appropriate of amounts to be debited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

my metro has been down since lunch time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Mine is down also. This is getting stupid, the thing is down more often than it's up. I also got my phone number from them at the start of the week which is totally useless because the quality is so bad it's un-usable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Hughesy

i got mine too, but got no phone. where we menr to get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mine's been down all evening too (D15/3Rock).. only just back now :(
    hughsey wrote:
    i got mine too, but got no phone. where we menr to get one?
    A regular phone will work.. just plug it into TEL1 on the modem. I too got my number this week (nearly 5 months later) but haven't bothered yet with all the negative feedback being reported here. Glad I held onto the landline.

Oh and I too was billed almost 300 quid this month. Although I was speaking to the head of their billing dept 2 weeks ago, I was led to believe this affected a few customers only. This now doesn't seem to be the case?

Any comments guys from Digiweb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

My metro didnt die last night at all (I was aroudn from about 6pm to roughly 10pm) but during that time pings were terrible and the packetloss unbearable.
    I also tried out my phone which is supposed to be working now - I can hear the other person fine, but they can't hear me (which is how it's been since day 1)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,572 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I got Metro in 2 weeks ago and it is fantastic compared to ISDN, I live in Sandymount so am a good 5 miles from the transmitter and have had no problems connecting. I heard somewhere that they might be getting a transmitter in Ringsend? anyone heard this?

The phone doesn't work at all, seems like everyone is having the same problems, if this isn't sorted by next year will move to NTL as They said they would have our area covered within the year.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just been told by one of the lads at home that Metro is down AGAIN! Can anyone confirm??

Advertisement