Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Ping statistics for 193.120.200.50:
    Packets: Sent = 45, Received = 33, Lost = 12 (26% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 20ms, Maximum = 298ms, Average = 55ms

Unbelievable - easily one of the (if not THE) worst days since November.

Lets hope that tomorrow sees a marked improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

When does the cap reset? anybody?

kinda close to it and need to know if it resets in 6 days or more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Well, if it's done by month (which i think it is) then it should reset at midnight on the last day of the month??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Its every rolling 30 days, so if you started on the middle of a month, it would be the middle of the next month before it resets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭persian

hmmm,average of 37ms which is acceptable but the 11% packet loss isnt.knowing my luck,the upgrade will happen the day eircom is installed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Whats the story if you go over your cap? My flatmate didn't know there was one and has downloaded alot... as in over the cap alot (along with the stuff I downloaded)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

My support ticket has been open for over 6 weeks. Finally IBB can compare themselves equally with another company just as crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If over the cap the download is strapped to 64k. Since 30G is a really big cap (What are you doing EATING the stuff?), this IMO is very reasonable. At end of original 30 day period you go back to normal. So the 64K might only be a few days.

A large number of IBB customers don't even complain as it is pointless. There is no comparison between Metro and Ripwave. An IBB Salesperson told me Ripwave is a cheap rubbish product for students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Who's talking about Ripwave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Nah I'm on the 60gig cap. Problem is with streaming mdeia and video chat programs (flatmate is french and its the best way for him to see and talk to Friends and family) There there is my bandwidth useage as well ontop of that. One of the problems is that its a mixed cap. So the 28gigs of uploaded data that we have is what is putting us over. :(

• Advertisement

There's 6 of us in the house...cap currently at a tiny bit under 28gigs as of today :-/

To be fair, there was a few *nix isos downloaded. fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Anyone have any information on the new Metro transmitter that is currently been installed in Farmer's Cross in Cork? I'm waiting for it to become operational before I get my install. I'm getting the usual 'couple of weeks' from Customer Care and something more definate would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭persian

Supposed digiweb speed...Download:3mb
    Upload:512k

Actual speed...Download:91.3kbps
    Upload:26.1kbps

any thinking of getting metro,a word of advice...DONT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

persian wrote:
    Supposed digiweb speed...Download:3mb
    Upload:512k

Actual speed...Download:91.3kbps
    Upload:26.1kbps

any thinking of getting metro,a word of advice...DONT

Persian - we already said that your site was one of a very small number that should not have been installed due to poor power levels are are deinstalling for free. You even posted as much here yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

This is my first time posting in this thread, because before I've been "happy" with my service. Truthfully, I've just been satisfied with my pings while playing CSS. My download speeds have been pretty poor though. Its all been slowly getting worse since I got it.

I came home from college this weekend to find the speeds unbearable. basically dial up speeds. Example of pinging an Irish game server:

Pinging 80.168.85.5 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 80.168.85.5: bytes=32 time=41ms TTL=120
    Reply from 80.168.85.5: bytes=32 time=714ms TTL=120
    Reply from 80.168.85.5: bytes=32 time=1487ms TTL=120
    Reply from 80.168.85.5: bytes=32 time=74ms TTL=120

Ping statistics for 80.168.85.5:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 41ms, Maximum = 1487ms, Average = 579ms

Just want to know if theres an explanation. I'm on the Three Rock exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

crawler wrote:
    Persian - we already said that your site was one of a very small number that should not have been installed due to poor power levels are are deinstalling for free. You even posted as much here yourself?

Why did ye install somewhere with poor levels in the first place????

Deinstalling for free - so o/w you'd have to pay to be deinstalled now aswell????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Tanabe wrote:
    Why did ye install somewhere with poor levels in the first place????

Deinstalling for free - so o/w you'd have to pay to be deinstalled now aswell????

Obviously because it was a fledgling service and they didn't know what was good or bad yet.

I think a free uninstall and all that is the best possible outcome... What should they do, bake him a cake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It was a new system into the market, they already siad that they were in a learning curve aswell, I am one of the few who have had a bad service from week two, but I am resolving it hopefully soon by doing a few tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Get IBB Breeze lads!*

*Worse joke EVER I know...

[QUOTE=I think a free uninstall and all that is the best possible outcome... What should they do, bake him a cake?[/QUOTE]

Since when did it cost to have a de-installation??? Answers on a postcard please.....

• Advertisement

Perhaps crawler means free in the sense that they will not hold you to the minimum contract obligation. Or he just reaffirmed that it's free so there's no reason to bitch about an acknowledged dysfunctional service here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Exactly probably doesn't pay a cancellation fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Tanabe wrote:
    Since when did it cost to have a de-installation??? Answers on a postcard please.....
    See how much Eircom charge to DOWNGRADE a line from ISDN to POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) to that someone else can sell you a sub to Eircom's wholesale "Bitstream" ADSL product.

About 150 Euro.

Other countries are able to run DSL on ISDN lines.

Perhaps "free deinstallation" means not charged for install? I have no idea. Why not ring them and clarify?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

At at guess, I'd say "free deinstallation" includes cancelling the subscription (without a fee) and sending an engineer to remove all equipment that was installed (again without a charge to the customer).

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    ..........and sending an engineer to remove all equipment that was installed (again without a charge to the customer).

You MUST be joking, right????

I ran a mile from Digiweb after my contract expired & their equipment is still here several months later. I had to email & telephone them several times to terminate my account & when I asked about them removing the equipment they said "Well that wouldn't be on top of the engineers agenda but they will get round to it". Yeah right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Tanabe wrote:
    You MUST be joking, right????

I ran a mile from Digiweb after my contract expired & their equipment is still here several months later. I had to email & telephone them several times to terminate my account & when I asked about them removing the equipment they said "Well that wouldn't be on top of the engineers agenda but they will get round to it". Yeah right!

I'm sure after a certain amount of time after the request to remove, if they fail to remove it the equipment becomes your property and you are able to remove it yourself and do as you wish with it. Maybe worth checking that out if you're fed up with it on your roof.

I've mentioned this before, but when I cancelled with IBB I was very surprised that they came and picked up the equipment about a week later. It's expensive stuff apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if IBB has a special uninstall team with less qualified technicians, though. Not that this stuff is rocket science at the best of times, mind you.

*cough*

Ehh...can you get the mytraffic page to reset once the 30 days are up?

and make it more accurate please?

Currently we're gone beyond last months cap and into the new one and it would be nice to know what this months cap is gonna be and not be taking note of figures to work it out ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

kaimera wrote:
    *cough*

Ehh...can you get the mytraffic page to reset once the 30 days are up?

and make it more accurate please?

Currently we're gone beyond last months cap and into the new one and it would be nice to know what this months cap is gonna be and not be taking note of figures to work it out ourselves.

Isnt it a rolling 30 days? Which means there would be no reset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I think thats his point - if your cap is reset on the 15th of the month, you want to know how much you've downloaded since 15th - not how much you downloaded since this time last month.

I would strongly recommend using NetMeter - http://readerror.gmxhome.de/ if you want useful info....

Advertisement