Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'll have a look tonight, I don't have access to the roof unfortunately. It's possible something got knocked a bit with the weather. I'm nearly sure that the sky and metro are pointing in opposite directions. Sky Dish is attached to the chimney, while the metro is on a 4-6 foot pole above that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They would NOT want to be on same pole / chimney... any scatter / reflections from Metro aerial's TX might overload the Sky LNB.

Since LOS is harder with Metro (Sky dish actually can lie on ground and still see satellite as it is 22 degree elevation, not where dish seems to point), You may have to move the Sky dish to a wall. Better anyway as it rusts and can be easily wirebrushed and repainted to restore the signal.

See:
    http://bytelive.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Where+to+point+the+Dish%3F

On ICDG wiki by Zaphod

The metro antenna is UV proof plastic and aluminium case so compared with Sky mini dish should last forever on chimney pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nazthing

the digiweb guys sorted my issue. many thanks to chaz and crawler.

Advertisement