Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Users: Are you Happy with your Service? Post Here Please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I just had to make sure to enter them in the settings of every device that uses the Internet connection. Lan card, wifi card, and ATA. Hope this helps.

I can't ping them either - which surprised me :/

Thanks for replying though. And I've only my pc on the network at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 83.147.165.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 83.147.160.9
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 83.147.160.2

Same as posted above, i can't ping them either but everything works, web ok, downloads flying.

*screams*
    Why do no staff work Sundays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

zoro wrote:
    *screams*
    Why do no staff work Sundays?

do you ?

Drapper wrote:
    do you ?
    I used to - when I was a lifeguard

And if I owned an ISP I'd have support staff on 7 days a week :) After all, problems can happen on any day of the week.
    That's something that really annoys me about banks too - their opening hours, but that's for another thread :)

• Advertisement

I don't think there is any ISP with 7 days working in Ireland ! and if so they would probably be just logging calls! the techies who fix the problems are probably off!

... which is exactly my point.

THAT is what I have a problem with.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Drapper wrote:
    I don't think there is any ISP with 7 days working in Ireland ! and if so they would probably be just logging calls! the techies who fix the problems are probably off!

Eircom do and they also have engineers and technicians working weekends.

bk wrote:
    Eircom do and they also have engineers and technicians working weekends.

humm me wonders........... they tend to be monitorin the entire telecoms network as apposed to just DSL ! but your right.....

Man ... how bloody stupid do I feel right now?

Major apologies to Digiweb tbh. My firewall was blocking all UDP requests to the DNS servers :/
    Jesus - what's the worst kind of customer for an ISP? A computer-savvy user imo. Like me :) We just assume that our setup is fine after we do a few quick checks.

Bloody hell I feel dumb :(

• Advertisement

That said thuogh - I'm still getting packetloss problems, and ping spikes. And they're worse than ever now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Nope, the eircom.net who specifically handle internet problems work 8am to 10pm 7 days a week. so not jsut monitoring the telephone network.

Bless em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

zoro wrote:
    That said thuogh - I'm still getting packetloss problems, and ping spikes. And they're worse than ever now
    Check is you are blocking TCP as well.

:D

Check is you are blocking TCP as well.

Think you're smart eh? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Where in the network does the packet loss occur?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Do a "tracert" to see where the packet loss is occurring i.e.

Start Run Cmd

Type

tracert google.com

you'll get a list of servers/routers and their associated ping times

Any that have a "*" in them are where your packet loss is occurring or before that.

You'll have to run it repeatedly to get a feel for which server or router is dropping the packet. Just because you get a * for item 6 doesnt mean that its item 5 that dropped it. But if after 20 tries its always item 6 showing the dropped packet then its a fair bet its item 5 that causing the issue.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

zoro wrote:
    Man ... how bloody stupid do I feel right now?

Major apologies to Digiweb tbh. My firewall was blocking all UDP requests to the DNS servers :/
    Jesus - what's the worst kind of customer for an ISP? A computer-savvy user imo. Like me :) We just assume that our setup is fine after we do a few quick checks.

Bloody hell I feel dumb :(

Firewall, yeh...that would explain why i couldnt ping the dns servers at my end as well.
    Somebody jumped the gun on the quality of metro :D

gurramok wrote:
    Firewall, yeh...that would explain why i couldnt ping the dns servers at my end as well.
    Somebody jumped the gun on the quality of metro :D

:) Well they've had other problems too, but the support on the forums here has been superb so it really does help cancel it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Got mine installed after ordering it last Tuesday. I have to say the 2 guys were fantastic at installing it. Because we live in a bungalow we are blocked by a normal detatched house behind us blocking the LOS to the water tower in St Otterans. But because the signal strength was so strong we were able to get away with it. Thanks Digiweb :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Also guys, just wondering if someone can post a recommendation of a wireless router I can use with the modem supplied so I can set up a wireless network at home asap.

Chaz your inbox is full

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

kensutz wrote:
    Also guys, just wondering if someone can post a recommendation of a wireless router I can use with the modem supplied so I can set up a wireless network at home asap.

Chaz your inbox is full

Sorry - sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

busy man :D

ive heard people mantion this router
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302154&cks=PRL
    ill be attempting to get that one

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mcloughj

Man i hope the weather isn't the cause of my slow slow slow broadband tonight, cause it's not that bad out (it's been better, but it's been much worse!). I don't like the idea of heading into a long winter if this happens everytime theres a bit of rain!

Cheers
    John

mcloughj wrote:
    Man i hope the weather isn't the cause of my slow slow slow broadband tonight, cause it's not that bad out (it's been better, but it's been much worse!). I don't like the idea of heading into a long winter if this happens everytime theres a bit of rain!

Cheers
    John

not a bother on mine, as a matter of fact i done some tests during the heavy showers and not one difference.
    yays metro \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

finding the speeds erratic all day sometimes slower than dial up-either that or irish speed test is faulty

Thanks Sparky for replying. That's good to hear. Hopefully it'll right itself soon.
    I ran the Myspeed test (http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/) and got 83kb down and 250 up! :eek:

Kinda funny though!

cheers

just as a note: service went down for 2mins just 3 mins ago, but is back up, and still at full speed.

mcloughj wrote:
    Thanks Sparky for replying. That's good to hear. Hopefully it'll right itself soon.
    I ran the Myspeed test (http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/) and got 83kb down and 250 up! :eek:

Kinda funny though!

cheers

Are you off 3 rock??

Humm... my connection was reset and things were better for a minute, but it went bad again.

I figure a digiweb rep is reading the board? If so please feel free to message me privately and I’ll let you know if you efforts are succeeding.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

hope things work out for ya mc.

Advertisement