Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is a no. sometimes just a no.

• 03-10-2005 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I met this girl last night in the trinity rooms. We talked for a while and found we had allot in common. We had both grown up abroad. Another we were born and raised to the ages of and 4 respectively in Ireland. We were both there with groups from work we held hands and talked. I asked for her number an we went our separate ways. Was she being polite or or should I call her. I am seriously batting above my weight with this one. I was going to text her Wed but am unsure as to whether or not she was just bring polite.Let alone know what to put put in the text

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

I met this girl last night in the trinity rooms. We talked for a while and found we had alot in comman. We had both grown up abroad. Alother we were born and raised to the ages of and 4 respectivly in ireland. We were both there with groups from work we held hands and talked. i asked for her number an we went our seperate ways. Was she being polite or or should i call her. I am seriously batting above my weight with this one. I was gonna text her Wed but am unsure as to whether or not she was just brng polite.Let alone know what to put put in the text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

of course call her!she wouldnt have given you her number if she was just being polite-she would have made some excuse and just walked off!also if you were holding hands-thats so sweet and she was obviously in to you.Just send her a text saying-hi its _ here.remember we met in the trinity rooms last week?it was really nice to meet u and i was hoping we could meet up again sometime?
    If she wants to meet up then she'l reply

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

Give her a call at some point and see if she would like to go for a drink or two or a walk on Dun Laoghaire pier or something.

I don't understand the obsession people have with texting over and back but not just calling and asking for a date. It would drive me mad all this texting but no date. I would think the man wasn't man enough to actually make a phone call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

theres absolutely no harm in texting her......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Why not ask her out on a casual daytime date -
    for example take her for a drive (e.g. in a De Lorean) or catch a
    matinee perfomance of Back To The Future :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

No, do not text her. You'll get stuck in a vicious cycle of texting with no end result.

Call her! It actually shows you're interested and that you've got a bit of confidence about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sigh.

*Breaths deep*

Call her call her call her call her call her!

Its probably cliche but its so damned brilliant im going to say it again:

You will only truly regret the things you never even tried.

RING HER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Call her, texting is too vague. Just ask her out for a drink. Do it soon or you'll think too much about it. Be confident.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I'd have to disagree, there is nothing wrong with texting! Especially if your unsure of the response you'll get, it gives people alot more courage than if your on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

ccd wrote:
    should i call her.

Yes. You're already not going out with her so what have you got to lose?
    ccd wrote:
    I am seriously batting above my weight with this one. I was gonna text her Wed but am unsure as to whether or not she was just brng polite.Let alone know what to put put in the text

"batting above my weight"? That's the wrong attitude buddy, she's only a person . A person you want to know better but a person just the same. Maybe she was just being polite but if you don't call her you'll never know. You should call rather than text, you'll know from the inflections in her voice where you stand. Maybe text her first to see if she's free to talk.

Best of luck anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Yeah bud stick with the texing. You seem to be a bit shy about it and texting would be a whole lot simpler for you. Definetly ring her though if things start going well.
    If its the Trinity rooms in Limerick you met offer to meet up for lunch some day. plenty of nice places to go. Make sure its nice place but only that, with people around but where you can both still sit in a quiet corner and have a chat.
    And what ever you do defenetly text her. Panda's line is perfect. Remember if you never rool the dice you can't ever throw a six.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bandraoi

look text her once or twice and then either call her or make a firm date/time and place to meet. Leave it casual so that if she backs out you'll be surer.
    Like say that you were planning to walk Dun Laoghaire pier coz you've never been there. Would she like to join you?
    instead of
    Would you like to meet me at 8pm on Wednesday in the city centre.

If she says no or hums and haws over option A then you're probably not in there, if she says no to option b she might just be busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Just contact the woman-no matter what the medium. you have nothing to lose and she wouldn't of been holding your hand, talking to you for so long or have given you her number if she had no interest. you'll both either have fun or realise you're not meant for eachother. Either that or you'll get the girl or end up on the friends ladder. new friend or new girlfriend-pretty much a win win there.

Do it, do it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Aw, don't you hate that feeling of "Should I or shouldn't I?"! Anywho, I'd say call or text.. either way.. just stay in contact. She obviously wasn't just being polite if she was *holding your hand*.

Blessings and let us know what happens!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think the lesson we all need to learn here is when posting anonymously as guest, don't come along and post the same post using your real login CCD :D

Good job it wasn't something more serious like my goat doesn't understand me anymore :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

The next question ala swingers of course being how lng to wait

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

waiting
    texting
    what is wrong with you people?

there are no rules
    pick up your phone, call her and make a date
    how difficult is that!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Asking a girl out by text is the same as getting your mates to go up to her and ask her for you!

Grab yourself by the b*lls and call her.

You know what I mean......no nasty deep breathing!

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Beruthiel wrote:
    waiting
    texting
    what is wrong with you people?

there are no rules
    pick up your phone, call her and make a date
    how difficult is that!?!?!

you mean.... its that easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

For the love of god, call her. Does she have to spell it out that she likes you? If she doesn't want to go out with you (which is unlikely), at least you've tried and you have that weight lifted off your shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

poiuy wrote:
    Was she being polite or or should I call her. I am seriously batting above my weight with this one. I was going to text her Wed but am unsure as to whether or not she was just bring polite.Let alone know what to put put in the text

Same happened to me. I called and am now married to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Hey CCD we all agree you should call/test her.
    I'm going to check this post again tomorrow night and we'll all be very dissapointed if you haven't at least tried by then. Try ask to meet her Thursday for lunch if ye work close to each other or for a dring Thurdsay night if it suits ye better.
    So come on bud we'r all ruiting for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i f you havnt already done so,

call her, CALL HER NOW

Advertisement