Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media PC Build

Options
  • 03-10-2005 5:13pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have all the components together and a Antec Overture 2 case with 450w power supply.
    Bought this case based on the "ultra quiet" ps fan.

Built the unit and turned it on :eek:
    No ultra quiet pc working - there is no way this could go into a living room with the ps fan whirling in the background.
    And this was with just windows loaded - no other software -and nothing running at all.

Any views on this - rang supplier and they are contacting Antec to get this sorted... :confused:

what htpc/pvr cases are ye using & with what power supplies and do they have much background noise to them.

thx

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

One of these Accent HT400 with an Acoustipack and a QTechnology 350 PSU.

Bakground noise barely noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭adrian.s

karltimber wrote:

what htpc/pvr cases are ye using & with what power supplies and do they have much background noise to them.

thx

Howdy,

I bought an Ahanix DVine 5

http://www.ahanix.com/ahanix_product.asp?pid=8

which came with it's own Power Supply. The case itself is extremely quite, not terribly well laid out for optimal use of space but looks pretty good. Now that everything is up and running, the noisiest component is the GPU fan on the motherboard and the DVD drive. The GPU fan is only noticeable when the sitting room is quiet, but it's loud enough that I will be trying to replace it in the near future.

A.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

howdy,

just got a reply from Antec themselves to try and fix the problem.

They said to disconnect the 3 pin system fan connection for the PS fan.
    Did this and I had to check to see if the fan was working - it was so quiet :o:o:o:o

so - all is well - super quiet pc --- time to start connectiong to tv

thx folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Graham wrote:
    One of these Accent HT400 with an Acoustipack and a QTechnology 350 PSU.

Bakground noise barely noticeable.

I have the same setup but this the 400 or 450 (can't remember which) PSU, and it's far too noisy. Considering changing the PSU.

Advertisement