Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Tuesday Night Venue???

• 03-10-2005 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Just had a flyer for a new late bar put into my locker. "Nevada Smiths" late bar Tues - Thurs. Gonna give it a try tomorrow night as they are doing a lot of specials for the launch....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Sweet, another late bar in town. Badly needed, the only other two I know of are the new Mollies and Costellos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Maybe better to keep this Beer on campus anmd the nect one on town?
    Really dont mind but college maybe better to meet up in!

Nukem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, we really should do a Beers in town some time. Get out and about, see new surroundings and so forth.

And mostly because I could walk home after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sceptre wrote:
    Ah, we really should do a Beers in town some time. Get out and about, see new surroundings and so forth.

And mostly because I could walk home after.

I concur. As long as you're offering lodgings after Shay, so we dont have to walk home ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

Nevada Smiths isn't new, its around a year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

True, but they only got a dance licence this week so they can serve until 2am (ish) Tues - Thurs. In there last night, and although it wasn't up the walls busy, it was a refreshing change from Icon, Mollys etc etc. I'm getting pissed off of being treated like cattle by those places..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

oh right I see. Yeah it could be better than Mollys. i.e. we might not be shoved in like peanuts in a bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Nevadas is actually over 4 years old. I've been going there since I've been 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

i never even heard of the place before. As someone said before, the only two places i know of in limerick are mollys and costelloes. Where is the place, or has it not opened yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Nestor's left fliers around the place on tuesday, and the assholes left paper (non-laminated/glossy) fliers underneath peoples windscreen wipers that day, a rainy day. Thanks to them, i spent a good 2 minutes in the pissing rain trying to take it out from underneath the wiper and rubber seal before getting into the car, driving home, and realising someone from the night before had ripped the rear wiper from my car. Bottom line is this - Nestor's arent getting any of my business cos they pissed me off on the wrong day.

And anyone who has info on anny drunken idiot who ripped a rear wiper from a Punto, please PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

tis actually round 3 or 4 years old. its been there as long as i can remember. (keevita goes back to ´the good old days...´)

keevita wrote:
    tis actually round 3 or 4 years old. its been there as long as i can remember. (keevita goes back to ´the good old days...´)

Ah yes, the good old days, when Nevadas was packed every night of the week, and "The Market" was the cool place to be. lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I'd say Nevada's is over 7 years old, if we're dating things. Pretty sure it was there when I was underage.
    Another new late bar is Bentley's on O'Connell street. Also Dolans have a late bar until 2 in the upstairs section (might just be weekends). Good to see some choice.

ah the market, one of the few places you could get in to if you flirted with leonard the head bouncer. wouldnt touch the place now tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Nevada's is there for about 7 or 8 years. It's at the bottom of Bedford Row, across from where the Savoy cinema used to be. Used to be called the Bedford Oak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

keevita wrote:
    ah the market, one of the few places you could get in to if you flirted with leonard the head bouncer. tho

a friend of mine who had gone to the market all the time when he was underage played a soccer match last year against leonard's team and he buckled Leonard with a really bad tackle from behind so Leonard called him a kunt and rightly so

ok...

thats nice gaf. i thought leonard would be too old for soccer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

On topic / off topic :confused:

in_joke :rolleyes:
    :v:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

So can anyone agree on a new venue? (There, thats on-topic!)

or even a time?

nevada's is a nice place. we were there for the class party last night.

[strike]damn thread was closed...[/strike]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

kaimera wrote:
    or even a time?

nevada's is a nice place. we were there for the class party last night.

[strike]damn thread was closed...[/strike]

I was in Nevada's last night and made use of their €2 per pint of Fosters offer - let's just say this morning I realised there was a damn good reason why they were only €2 - I'd say I'll have graduated by the time I've shaken off this hangover :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

lol, but look at your pocket. Look at all that money!

the money in the pocket was grand albeit in damn heavy coins. :mad:

Advertisement