Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isdn box or what do i have????

Options
  • 03-10-2005 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

ok recently i went up to dublin to collect a load of oldish pc stuffs they said something was an isdn box no ideea how to use it its a tellabs 8110 network terminating unit with eircom written on the front the tellabs site says its a HDSL modem....what exactly is this that i have and can it be used for isdn?

theres an orange sticker on top or it saying ISDN PRA 01-4748100-99
    HELP DESK 1800493493

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

it's a 2Mbps symmetrical modem used to deliver 30-channel ISDN systems (=Primary Rate Access/PRA), so not at all useful to regular ISDN Basic Rate Access (2-channel). Unless that's of use to you.
    Think the box may even be property of Eircom, so be careful what you do with it.
    Cue replies telling me odds that Eircom have even a record of ever owning this unit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nodisco

Reply as cued.....
    Madkevo is right
    and it is Eircom property - although they virtually never retrieve the equipment. And its of absolutely no use to you with primary rate or basic rate isdn as you would need an ISDN S/T compatible router or modem to use it. If its one of the older ones with the sloped front - they make a good door-stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

AFAIK the older ones are German. This here...
    ISDN PRA 01-4748100-99
    definetely means it's intended for at least an E1 leased line. I guess the above is the range of phone numbers the isdn box use?

I'm not certain but mabye the leased lines Eircom offer are based on xDSL (HDSL etc.)?

Advertisement