Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did any dance artist end up in a 9 to 5 job?

• 03-10-2005 6:53pm

...Did any of the contributors to the whole scene in the late 80s/early 90s leave it all behind and settle down? I appreciate that many probably dj or produce, but I'm really looking for guys who were legends and ended up as accountants and mechanics...it must be so difficult.

Think the guys in 4th Dimension, who blew away a packed City Hall in Cork when they supported the Prodigy in 1994, and had a very cheesy remix of a Sharon Shannon song at the top of the charts in Ireland around about then, ended up back in the family electrical firm in South Kerry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Most of them would have jobs and the rest would rely heavily on sideline work. And Id say plenty more have ended up in some very ****ty jobs.

What happens when your an old, unqualified, junky dj who cant get a gig any more? Grim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

isnt one of the k klass lads a supermarket manager now?

Helix wrote:
    isnt one of the k klass lads a supermarket manager now?

:eek:

No disrespect to supermarket managers, but that's EXACTLY the stuff I'm looking for...

sorry it wasnt k klass, it was altern8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

Helix wrote:

no they are still touring around pete
    doing live shows and dj sets

• Advertisement

after a very very long time off

they dont do much, just back in since the oldskule fad kicked off

kklass are still gigging too

but im 99% sure one of the altern8 lads was a supermarket manager after their fame disappeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

technobob wrote:
    no they are still touring around pete
    doing live shows and dj sets
    and are at Electric City after the Prodigy! That'll be the perfect end to the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Helix wrote:
    Jeez, thats lucky!

Didn't they burn a million pounds as some 'statement'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,584 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

dSTAR wrote:
    Jeez, thats lucky!

Didn't they burn a million pounds as some 'statement'?

Your thinking of the KLF - Jimmy Cauty and Bill Drummond. They burned the million squids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jaygrogan

I'd say they're kicking themselves silly now

• Advertisement

jaygrogan wrote:
    I'd say they're kicking themselves silly now

Read an interview in recent years where Drummond said he didn't regret it at all. He conceived the whole project as an artistic statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

He conceived the whole project as an artistic statement.

Were they not found out to have faked that, They were brought up on charges for destroying the money (Which is very illegal) and they had to own up about it being fake money.

s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

yeah sure they'd be locked up for burning that

sure they couldve said it was fake money anyway, whos to know if it was or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Read an interview in recent years where Drummond said he didn't regret it at all. He conceived the whole project as an artistic statement.

As artistic as it was supposed to be - I thought the geezer a nutter - I mean A million!

Thinks of recording studio dream :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Back then a million pound would have bought you 15 decent houses as well.

Advertisement