Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal ID technology

• 07-10-1999 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Quick query...

What does anyone here know about Personal ID technologies? The things that will replace PIN numbers, bank cards and passwords in the future, both online and offline? Stuff like instant DNA fingerprinting, or retina-scanners..... URLs or any other info would be much appreciated. I have a lot of the basic stuff, I'm just looking for the really exotic now smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you ever visit the States they now take DNA samples from your luggage.

I got hit with it. The woman got a swab and starts running it around the handles of my luggage. I asked her what she was doing she said it tests for explosives, when I said it looked more like they were swabbing for DNA where they are most likely to find it on the luggage she got all flustered. smile.gif

Just search on the net for the stuff. Good starting points is av.com deja.com and slashdot.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I remenber I was working on Finger Print scanners for security in my last job they were fairly cool try doing a search on sac man. As in for retina scanners never got to work with them sad.gif but I know NCR (Used to be a part of AT&T) have those up and running in a couple of branchs of The abbey nationwide(I think) in england and has been very popular with there customers. All this is dating back to last September/October so I'm sure things have changed since then but hope this helps.

Kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

See that MMR shot you got, it's really an alien virus used to tag everyone on the planet. cheeky.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Siemens are (or already have) releasing a mouse with a finger scanner on it. It looks pretty cool, but apparently as a mouse it's sh1te.

Draco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

ID things suck, they WILL be cracked by some l33t person, like credit cards, if theyre kept on computer, and a lot of people will be very ****ed off

Advertisement