Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam Petition

Options
  • 03-10-2005 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭

Anyone interested, sign this petition that is being sent to the Ten Club, we need to see the greatest (live) band on earth back here, lets hear a voice from some Irish people:

http://new.petitiononline.com/pjeurope/petition.html

Pearl Jam in Europe 2006!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

It would be nice to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Waving a large wad of cash in their faces might have the desired effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Doctor J wrote:
    Waving a large wad of cash in their faces might have the desired effect.

Don't forget, this is the band that fought Ticketmaster in '94 to keep their ticket prices below $20. It aint about the money for them. They are doing a benefit for the hurricane victims this week and feel somewhat bad about the crazily expensive tickets, but its going to a good cause so they can make an exception about the ticket price for once.

It is pretty much thought that they will tour Europe next year (along with Australia and a few other places before another full US tour), there are also strong rumours around that they will play somewhere bigger than the Point if/when they come here.

Sorry, should've put

THIS IS A JOKE ->

on that one.

I realise they're very right on and all, but the fact is they're not going to book the flights unless they're getting some wedge in return. In this sense it's pointless badgering the fan club, as the only way they'll play here is if a promoter stumps up the cash and books them and the venue. You'd be better off phoning up Aitken or MCD and the likes and asking them if they plan on booking PJ next year. If their management says "MCD are offering you $100,000 to play Dublin next June" I'll wager they'll have their green pants in the suitcase in no time at all. Petitions aren't worth a ****.

Ya, fair enough, they gotta be paid, its their job, but theyre not money hungry f**ks like most bands these days, i bet if they come it will be the cheapest tickets you can get for a band of this calibre.

As for the petition, (along with it being a bit of fun) who are you to say it wont work, what about the Breath campaign in '98, that was a glorified petition by thousands of fans and it paid off at MSG II. See, PJ actually listen to and care for their fans, which is rare among bands anymore, they aint just there to give fans an average show and take their cash like a hell of a lot of other s**t a$$ bands

• Advertisement

True, but bear in mind there is a little difference in requesting a band play a song and request they fly equipment and personnel to a venue, one costs nothing the other costs a lot of $$$.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting PJ are in it for the money, I'm just trying to get the point across that they're not going to play here unless a promoter books them. That is the only way it will happen. They aren't going to arrange it themselves, no matter how many names sign an internet forum. If you really want PJ to play here, you need to work on the promoters. The band will show up wherever their schedule takes them, the key is to get on the scehdule. The fan club cannot help you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

bollocks i thought it was an all ireland petition so i put up city-waterford and comment - salzburg binaural tour best gig ever.....but its a petition for all europe... :rolleyes:

Doctor J wrote:
    True, but bear in mind there is a little difference in requesting a band play a song and request they fly equipment and personnel to a venue, one costs nothing the other costs a lot of $$$.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting PJ are in it for the money, I'm just trying to get the point across that they're not going to play here unless a promoter books them. That is the only way it will happen. They aren't going to arrange it themselves, no matter how many names sign an internet forum. If you really want PJ to play here, you need to work on the promoters. The band will show up wherever their schedule takes them, the key is to get on the scehdule. The fan club cannot help you there.

Fan clubs can sometimes help (PJ work very closely with the 10 club), but i see your point, even though I must point out that they did arrange their own tour in '95, although not the longest and it had a few problems but some fans see it as their best tour.

Whatever about anything though, as long as they come here again I'll be first there lovin every minute of it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Doubt it will do anything, but i signed it anyway. If anyone has phoned any promotors, let us know here what they say.

Advertisement