Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win98se and router problem

• 03-10-2005 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've got an NTL 1mb line connected to a lynksys wrt54gp2 router from Blueface...it all works perfectly with my laptop running XP, but I can't seem to get my old win98 desktop connected to the web using a belkin wireless pci card. The card is installed and working fine, the signal is ok, it can see the router ok...I can't browse the web however and i think the problem seems to be in binding the TCP/IP protocol to the wireless card, it doesn't appear to be doing so properly. does anyone know any way of forcing tcp/ip to bind to the network adapter? Can it be done from the command line?

thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tech Girl

Might be something to do with the Encryption on PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

aah...thanks Tech Girl, but it had nothing to do with encryption.

for anyone who's interested, the problem was that as long as the old 56k modem was installed, win98 kept binding tcp/ip only to it for some reason. I uninstalled it, and removed all the windows networking components and then reinstalled the wireless nic. Windows then reistalled tcp/ip bound to the nic and it's working perfectly.

Advertisement