Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History & Geography sample papers now up

Options
  • 03-10-2005 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

http://exam3.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=sp

History: What I expected. More choice than I thought. I'm fairly confident the document will be on either the Lockout, or the founding of the GAA. Alot of choice which I'm pleased with, and nice broad essay titles.

Geography: The short questions would be more suited to the Junior Cert! I didn't think I'd see Population Pyramids again. The essays aren't really what I expected, especially in Regional Geography. Its more like "discuss climate and relief in a region you have studied", more than "compare two regions you have studied". The questions are quite specific, and there's not much choice. I had no idea there was so much marks going for the elective question. 160 marks altogether, compared with 80 for a regional question.

Anyway, check them out for yourself and post what you think about them. I'd be really interested to see what peoples predictions are

EDIT: Actually in Geography there is some choice in the regional, 3 questions on it and you have to do 1. In the Core section Q.1 and Q.5 look quite nice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Just took a look there, only had time for a brief glance-got two tests tomorrow! History seems quite nice, I like the choice you are given. And as for geography, looks very doable-once you study for it-hope they dont mark it tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Just looked at the geography short q's.They look easy enough alright it not that bad for the higher.

Did anyone do there geog field work?

Advertisement