Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8Gb Memory stick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm sure it does what it says on the tin.....not sure though i'd bid on an item of that price to a seller that doesn't offer postal insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i don't know but something about that picture makes it look extremely dodgey/

the SO of sony doesn't line up and looks a different font to the NY of sony

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah, I've seen biggerones. Altho this one is selling for considerably cheap, thena gian it's ebay, RRP dont apply

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

i havnt bid on anything yet, the sony does look a bit iffey alrite...maybe il check on a sony website first,

but it is possible that they would be up to 8GB already?

im just questioning the size of that to some mp3 players, but maybe its the stuff that actually plays the music that makes them bulky, i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Shrimp wrote:
    Yeah, I've seen biggerones. Altho this one is selling for considerably cheap, thena gian it's ebay, RRP dont apply

id say it will shoot up in the last hour or so, seems to be the way on ebay these days, everyone holds off for a frantic last minute bidding war..

you know of any websites where i could get one as a safer option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Wouldn't touch it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Other people are selling 8gb drives at the moment.
    BTW it is a sony USB removable flash drive
    NOT A MEMORY STICK.
    before people start getting excited.
    still cannot beleive those assholes got away with naming it "memory stick", pricks :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Cremo wrote:

it looks like one of those markers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

If its a memory stick youre after, i.e. a removeable card, then 2Gb is about as big as is available at the moment.

Compact Flash cards do go up to 4Gb as far as I know....

There is post at the moment on boards regarding a german online shop selling a 2Gb Memory Stick Duo for about €189, including postage.

Considering that a 1Gb Memory Stick Duo retails at c. €140 here, the offer above is a steal.

I got a 1Gb Sandisk SD card cheap on eBay, but there are alot of chancers on eBay so be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

rubadub wrote:
    Other people are selling 8gb drives at the moment.
    BTW it is a sony USB removable flash drive
    NOT A MEMORY STICK.
    before people start getting excited.
    still cannot beleive those assholes got away with naming it "memory stick", pricks :mad:

thats a bit like dougal wanting to call the rabbit "fr jack", and then wanting to call fr jack something else

it was a memory stick for the sony digital camaras, it was named long before the usb flash drives came out, so i guess they should make a name for the usb type and stick with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

agree, looks like a feckin highlighter
    Cremo wrote:

mukki wrote:
    so i guess they should make a name for the usb type and stick with it
    Who? the general public?
    The bastards in Sony knew damn well the confusion they were causing. Ram was being called "memory sticks" long before the sony card was on the scene. They picked a deliberate generic name to FORCE the use of the word sony when people used it. They may as well have called it "memory card" but that would have made their little plan a bit too obvious.
    I just wonder how many cards they have sold, buy people buying it in error due to their sly marketing tactics. kunt-fuks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

rubadub wrote:
    Who? the general public?
    The bastards in Sony knew damn well the confusion they were causing. Ram was being called "memory sticks" long before the sony card was on the scene. They picked a deliberate generic name to FORCE the use of the word sony when people used it. They may as well have called it "memory card" but that would have made their little plan a bit too obvious.
    I just wonder how many cards they have sold, buy people buying it in error due to their sly marketing tactics. kunt-fuks.

Well then appl eare geniuses cos the general public are calling every mp3 player an ipod. Getting people to buy in error isnt in their interests really tho, is it? because people will just bring it back i it doesnt fit their cameras.

BTW sony's usb memory keys are called micro vaults, so the absence of that on it anywhere would be worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Just check other Items sold by that guy...........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=99247&item=5243378794

Ebay is not that hard to use.........

Stekelly wrote:
    Well then appl eare geniuses cos the general public are calling every mp3 player an ipod.
    Not geniuses, just a heavily marketed product, a huge cost of the product is people paying for that marketing, hence the large price tag for a mediocre product. People call vacuum cleaners hoovers, and those grill things, "george foremans". If apple had called it a "mp3 player" it would be more comparable. Or if somebody made a battey and called it "double A"

Stekelly wrote:
    Getting people to buy in error isnt in their interests really tho, is it? because people will just bring it back i it doesnt fit their cameras.
    No, people saying the word sony is in their interests. People will bring it back, I am wondering how many people have wasted time, energy and return postage fees by buying these in error, and are now probably well pissed off with sony.

Advertisement