Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got Trespass gear for hiking?

• 03-10-2005 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Found the Trespass store in the Dun Laoghaire shopping centre at the weekend... looked like ok kit for a decent enough price... anyone every got any of their gear for hiking and how did you find it?

Looking for a decent jacket for the winter hikes (about 2 a month)... anyone any relevant feedback on Trespass gear... (rather than recommendations about Lowe, Patagonia, Berghaus etc :))

Only seem to have a UK site I can find:
    http://www.trespass.co.uk/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

My brother bought one of their jackets a couple of years back for a ski/board trip. I know he used it for a while after that for other outdoor sports including hiking and he seemed happy enough with it at the time. I wouldn't take that as a recommendation though.....There are better products available for the same sort of money as you'd pay for a Trespass Ski jacket.....

The point I'd make (rather than recommend a brand) is that you really *should* be looking for a layered jacket system - Even one of the 3-in-one products that you'll find in most shops/ebay etc., so you can wear whatever combination of layers are most suitable for the time of year and weather conditions on the day. Shop around and you will find one for around €100 that will perform better that a ski/board jacket for the same money.

Gil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thanks, yeah they had a lot of skiing stuff but had one or two of the layerd jackets systems in the store which looked perfect for hiking and was what i was after - one of them was about Eur 150 which seemed decent enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I thought their stuff was just geared to snow sports. For hiking I'd say you are better off with just a good waterproof shell and just use a layer system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah they had a lot of skiing stuff but had one or two of the layerd jackets systems in the store which looked perfect for hiking

i ended up getting a jacket in Lowe Alpine as they have a decent one on sale - just have to get a pair of walking pants now

Advertisement