Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor pay as you go sims?.

• 04-10-2005 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

hello just wonder are meteor pay as you go sims free?.
    i heard you could walk in and get a 085 meteor sim for free i,m not sure any body verify this?.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

pretty sure its free meteor to meteor texts till 2008.
    have to buy the sim before november 16th or if u r an existing pay as u go customer there is a number to txt to avail of the offer.
    sims are 10euro with 10euro credit and to get free txts every month u either have to top up by 10 or 20 euro.
    hope this helped! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This is not a For Sales thread.

moved to Mobiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

wba88 wrote:
    pretty sure its free meteor to meteor texts till 2008.
    have to buy the sim before november 16th or if u r an existing pay as u go customer there is a number to txt to avail of the offer.
    sims are 10euro with 10euro credit and to get free txts every month u either have to top up by 10 or 20 euro.
    hope this helped! :)

To avail of free meteor to meteor text you have to topup by 20 euro, 10 euro not enough. I'm also pretty sure the thread starter wanted to know if you could just walk into the store and get the sim absolutely free, even without paying for the credit, ie get a free sim with 0 credit or even 10 euro credit without paying at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Although the sim is technically free I think you have to buy 10 credit at the same time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I bought one about 18 months ago, so if things have not changed, you can walk into a phone shop or similar and buy one for €20 or so (the cost is actually your initial credit).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

thanks lads for your advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Free text is no longer available. The offer now is 5c calls to meteor mobs at all times. Only existing free txt hodlers can still use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

ianmc38 wrote:
    Free text is no longer available. The offer now is 5c calls to meteor mobs at all times. Only existing free txt hodlers can still use them.

If you read the other posts you would realise that this is a new offer!

To the OP: You can just walk in abd get one but you have to top up with €10 to activate the sim which you buy in store!

Advertisement