Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AA tow to nearest garage

• 04-10-2005 1:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Let's say I'm having a clutch problem (clutch slave cylinder is leaking) and I'm going to need a tow to the garage to get it sorted.

Could i, hypothetically speaking(cough), buy AA membership online and then 24 hours later give them a call and get a 'free' tow to the garage?

Anybody done this? (or alternatively know a reasonably priced tow-service).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Yes, in fact you wouldn't even have to lie about it. They don't care really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

IrishRover wrote:
    Yes, in fact you wouldn't even have to lie about it. They don't care really.

Great news :)

(btw the irony of it being you who replied is astonishing, it's my lovely Rover 75 that needs a tow to Ryans in Blanch!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Yes you would think that a Rover owner would know plenty about recovery services alright :D

Never go anywhere without my membership card lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If it's at (or within a couple hundred metres of) your house you'll need to get homestart aswell, altough I think that's free when you buy on line at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

stevenmu wrote:
    If it's at (or within a couple hundred metres of) your house you'll need to get homestart aswell, altough I think that's free when you buy on line at the moment.

Yup got the homestart free.

Bleed the clutch this evening and (fingers crossed) it seems to be ok at the moment. But the AA membership will be handy in the event the whole shebang does have to be done anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement