Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any MFC bods out there?

• 13-10-1999 4:43pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Right - the head designer has decreed that you should be able to launch our prog from that popup menu you get when you click on a file just like you can add a file to a zip with winzip.
    Unfortunately, he didn't tell us how to achive this. Any ideas?

Draco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Yep you can just add a reg setting that when you right click on you desired files to launch you program that you add to *&( or what ever will appear I have a reg file you can do this with (Did it for regsvr32) some where in work for this I'll try to post it tomorrow for you.

Kayos

Here ay go I just wrote this one it should work try it(its for reging and unreging ocx/dll/exe's) Just copy from here down.
    REGEDIT4

; Register and Unregister DLLs and OCXs
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dll]
    @="dllfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ocx]
    @="dllfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\Register COM Server\command]
    @="regsvr32 \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\Unregister COM Server\command]
    @="regsvr32 /u \"%1\""

; Register and Unregister EXEs
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe]
    @="exefile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\Register COM Server\command]
    @="\"%1\" /regserver"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\Unregister COM Server\command]
    @="\"%1\" /unregserver"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Run Command Prompt Here\command]
    @="regsvr32 \"%1\""

Hope this helps you out. this is a handy reg thing if your using COM stuff anyway. If you want to have the Run command Promt Here option just bringing you to the dos window instead of reging all and dll's and ocx's just use regedit to change its default value to be command.com on win 9x or cmd.exe on NT. Again I hope this helps you.

KaYoS

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Thanks - that's gotten me half way there - fukk it - the boss can take it and be happy with it.

Draco

Advertisement