Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TeleAtlas update for Ireland

Options
  • 04-10-2005 6:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I was informed by ViaMichelin.com when I was enquiring about one of their GPS software products that the map cartographers TeleAtlas are releasing a significant update for Ireland in November 2005.

At the moment only the major roads are covered and most of the town are marked. The heavily populated towns and cities are mapped also

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

Great news.

About bloody time, too. Had a nightmare driving to my brothers wedding in the West Cork badlands. The main road west of Cork was mapped and after that..... nothing.

I swear I saw tumbleweed rolling across my Garmin GPS unit........

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Thrasher wrote:
    Great news.

I swear I saw tumbleweed rolling across my Garmin GPS unit........

Sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Hi
    Hope you dont mind me thread hijacking but i was wondering if there is much of a difference between navtechs coverage and teleatlas coverage of Ireland.
    I read in another thread here that Navtech had better coverage but i was wondering what peoples experiences were.

Thanks

Advertisement