Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone have magnet.ie broadband and tv

• 04-10-2005 7:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

Im thinking of changing to Magnet Networks for TV and Broadband. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Still no takers? I'm dying to find out what they're like.

I've already e-mailed them for more info but they've yet to respond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

m8 of mine here in work has it, in dunboyne, recently moved in to his new crib out there, says it's very good so far, no downtime really fast install and blinding speeds he has the 4 meg package from what i remember

d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

It's like, 4 meg symmetrical in the FTH areas is it not? Sounds damn good.

I was also wondering why there hasn't been a thread on them here. :confused:

The only thing that annoyed me is that you cant just get the broadband package, you have to get digital tv and phone if you want to avail of the higher speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

It's really annoying im going to sign up with them this month but the thing is they can only offer me the 2mb/128kb broadband package for 29.99 a month,but when there tv and phone package is available to me (within the next 6 months they said) there will be free installation, seems very good though they sent me an information pack and everything... if it is available to anyone already your a lucky git!! haha 50 tv channels with 5.1 surround sound,4mb/512 adsl2 and Free national and local calls!!! all for 82.99 a month and has 100gb cap each way!! and only 50c for each gb you go over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

it isnt availiable in Lucan either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 santonvegas

It's really annoying im going to sign up with them this month but the thing is they can only offer me the 2mb/128kb broadband package for 29.99 a month,but when there tv and phone package is available to me (within the next 6 months they said) there will be free installation, seems very good though they sent me an information pack and everything... if it is available to anyone already your a lucky git!! haha 50 tv channels with 5.1 surround sound,4mb/512 adsl2 and Free national and local calls!!! all for 82.99 a month and has 100gb cap each way!! and only 50c for each gb you go over...

The grass is always greener on the other side. The TV is well dodgy.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

This is a very old thread. In saying that is there anything I can do to help you? We now have new and more effective TV equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GarRo247

Dr4gul4 wrote: »
    really fast install and blinding speeds he has the 4 meg package from what i remember

I laughed so hard when I read that, if anyone I knew had 4meg now they would give out about how slow it is, its funny how things change. I myself found 8meg very slow and I upgraded to 24, 4 being "blinding" seems so odd, although its only 5 years on.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

GarRo247 wrote: »
    I laughed so hard when I read that, if anyone I knew had 4meg now they would give out about how slow it is, its funny how things change. I myself found 8meg very slow and I upgraded to 24, 4 being "blinding" seems so odd, although its only 5 years on.

We have internet on computers now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I agree that the TV side is not as good as it could be (or maybe what I would like it to be) but the truth is that they are getting better (they need more HD channels) but broadband-wise, I doubt anyone can offer a better service in Ireland (if u r on FTH of course).

• Advertisement
Advertisement