Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black & White 2 [eurogamer review]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

The first one was revolutionary and thus overated. Is everyone erring on the side of caution this time?

I don't know, I'm just skeptical. For the record I liked alot of the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lionhead are struggling a bit creatively recently. It seems that they're so happy with the 'clever' core concept behind a game that they don't flesh the rest of it out enough. Fable, I'm looking at you.

Fable wrote:
    Don't Look at ME!

I was gonna get that game

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn't rule it out per-se, and apparently the new PC version has a lot more to it than the anaemic Xbox version, but again it seemed that they spent so much time on the little details – like getting a haircut – that they neglected the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Lionhead are struggling a bit creatively recently. It seems that they're so happy with the 'clever' core concept behind a game that they don't flesh the rest of it out enough. Fable, I'm looking at you.
    Fable wasn't made by lionhead.

• Advertisement

CodeMonkey wrote:
    Fable wasn't made by lionhead.
    Im pretty sure it was big blue box did co develop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

That B&W2 review by Eurogamer was pretty funny. IGN's review seems to be a good bit more favourable though. Still waiting for Gamespot to get their review up......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I really loved B&W, though it did get a bit boring after awhile.
    I think it was the last level? I was stuck on for ages and just gave up.
    The main problem for me was once all the hacks and Sandbox levels came out, it took all the fun of teaching your creature out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

wow looks like i might have saved some money... was going to get it this friday.
    tbh i expected this back when i bought black and white 1 the day it came out too, over the huge hype and right from the start it just had too many things in it that annoyed me, looks like a repeat then.
    still great idea for a game heres hoping for black and white 3 to fix all the problems :D

my only hope for lionhead now rests in the movies, but im not holding my breath on that either.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Don't worry Peter, I still love you. I've loved you since the beta patch for B&W came out. Don't do to me what John Romero did to thousands of others :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Yeah B&W 1 was all hype and ultimately very little substance. I got bored very quickly. I don't expect much better from B&W 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think there's an important distinction to make with B&W1. It was absolute genius, what a great idea, very well done. However, it wasn't very much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I usually tend to disagree with Eurogamers review. But seeing as how I doubt im getting a review copy myself I'll have to buy it and judge for it on my own.

Advertisement