Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro

• 04-10-2005 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

Has anybody signed up for the Metro broadband? At 1st glance the 3Mb downlink 512kb uplink sounds enticing, but a 40:1 contention ration just sounds depressing. Currently have BT broadband plus which I always get 200kb/s on when downloading.

If anyone has tried the basic metro package let me know.

Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I've literally just signed up to it - and there's a (bloody massive) thread in this forum about them too.
    As of yet, I'm not sure if there's anyone signed up at all, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

They've got 2 people that post on the broadband forum here quite regularly, and genuinely appear to be interested in customer feedback about their product.

I'm concerned about the 40:1 contention ratio aswell, but I'm hoping that it's not as bad as the ratio makes out it will be.
    If you want to order now, then go ahead (use WIR86195 as the promo code ;) ) - but you could be just as well holding off for some feedback when those of us that have signed up actually get connected in the next month or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

What does the promo code get you? I think i'll wait for some feedback first as I know of Irish Broadbands 2Mb up and downstream with lower contention ratios that are as useful as a dial-up modem. Dont want a similar situation, as I'm pretty happy with my Esat line. Would like quicker upload speeds though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Well I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, and Wireless really is my only real option for broadband.
    As I said above, I'm just hoping that the 40:1 contention ratio isn't actually as dire as it appears to be :(

The promo code (apparantly) gets me some vouchers of some sort. When you sign up you'll get your code to give to others ... and so on

Advertisement