Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody see this poster around campus today?

Options
  • 04-10-2005 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

modsnip: Careful now

funny stuff!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

He can't even spell the word "too".

What a fag. Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

yeh the OP is a retard.he cant even write basic english.he obviously doesnt go to UCD.
    but the person in the poster does look fimilar.i think hes in 3rd year arts.does anyone recognise him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 craiglen

i rang the number and invited him for some homosexual activity he was quite disgruntled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭beamo

eh of course i go to ucd are you ALRI!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 google

where the hell is that up???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭beamo

did anybody else ring the number?theres a few posted in the first cubicle in the mens room beside the printers in arts and on the gaa noticeboard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I notice the image is called "noahdefammation..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did anyone read that thing in one of the papers about "Daniel Lang"(or somethin like that)? They used a picture they found on Google, gave him a name, and put it on a poster for class reps?

Did the phrase "blown out of proportion" come to anyone else's mind?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I believe the name was Daniel Wang. I have to say it was quite a silly thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I really don't see what the big deal is... If they hired a model to be in the picture instead, would that be ok? This is done all the time without anyone blinking, why is it all of a sudden a big thing? The pictures aren't the point, they're incidental, so all they needed was a random picture of anyone (and having something other than 4 white females always looks good).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I suppose its a case of "If they were happy to lie to us about that, what else would they lie about?" I don't see why it was neccessary to invent a student for the poster. It's not like I saw it and thought 'wow so there ARE male class reps...I should be one too!' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

DaveMcG wrote:
    Did anyone read that thing in one of the papers about "Daniel Lang"(or somethin like that)? They used a picture they found on Google, gave him a name, and put it on a poster for class reps?

Did the phrase "blown out of proportion" come to anyone else's mind?

They must have learned from UCDD marketing department. They did it with Everywhere Girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Locked - for some of the posters in this thread.

Calling people fags and retards isnt acceptable.

Seeing as a lot of you are only new the the boards and have already started causing trouble, I'm going to ban you from UCD until yoiu can PM me with a promise that you wont act the tit again. You'll know who you are, because you'll be banned :P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement