Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo.it speaks for itself!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

halo sure does indeed speak for itself it says
    "killllllllll meeeeee, every moment of life is agony"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i felt more compelled to complete Unreal 2 than i did to complete Halo.
    couldn't even be bothered playing past the first level of Halo2.

the games did absolutely nothing for me... run and gun by numbers

and the pc conversion of Halo was ****ing appalling!!!
    ran like crap on a mate's 9800pro with a gig of ram (at the time, one of the most kickass cards about)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Jazzy wrote:
    Ive always been amazed to the fact that a game (Halo in this case) can create its own fanboys....

Moron.

Actually pardon me - Xtreme moron. Notice my use of the buzzword Xtreme. That is to highlight the scope of your moronity, as you are extremely moronic. Here's an idea. Go to www.google.com. Search for "stats for dummies". Then search for halo 2 sales stats and halo 2 matchmaking stats.

That'll learn you.

Aside from that can somebody please tell me the names of these FPS console games that are superior to Halo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Halo is in my opinion (and the OP's) the greatest game ever made, but thats my opinion and everyone has their own too, but to all halo fans that didn't like Halo 2, This is for You!
    27706573386.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ianmc38 wrote:
    Aside from that can somebody please tell me the names of these FPS console games that are superior to Halo?

*Deus Ex
    *Half-Life 1&2 (soon for HL2 neway)
    *Unreal Championship (M-Player wise)
    *Soon to be Quake 4
    *Metroid Prime

oh and yeah... im a real moron. Im so stupid, I hate Halo, I think its evil. Thats why I wasted all my time playing CTF on it with my mates and why I played single player a fair bit and thats also why I dont read ppls first posts and flame them.... its because im an xtreme moron

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sirgamblelot

you have to admit that halo 2 isnt as good as the first!oh you get to be a covenant for a while and kill more covenant yeah what a thrill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

ianmc38 wrote:
    drivel

Personal abuse gets people banned around there parts, good luck with that. I think you'd be better off on the IGN boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sirgamblelot

whats a "drivel"

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

ianmc38 wrote:
    Moron.

Actually pardon me - Xtreme moron. Notice my use of the buzzword Xtreme. That is to highlight the scope of your moronity, as you are extremely moronic. Here's an idea. Go to www.google.com. Search for "stats for dummies". Then search for halo 2 sales stats and halo 2 matchmaking stats.

That'll learn you.

Banned - note of my use of the word banned to express something that you really are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

speaking of unoriginal what game is similar to Half Life 2 in any way???
    this guy speaks bull****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

bazH wrote:
    Am i the only one who though this was some italian halo related drivel?
    I thought the same thing.maybe the OP should take a break from the computer games and learn something new.ie proper use of punctuation.it s just an idea.ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Goodshape wrote:
    I thought the same thing.maybe the OP should take a break from the computer games and learn something new.ie proper use of punctuation.it s just an idea.ya know?

That is disappointingly ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Zillah wrote:
    repetitive game play.

one of the devs on the halo 2 supplimentary dvd went on and said that it's all about creating 30 seconds of gaming bliss... then repeating it over and over throughout the game. that's 30 seconds repeated for more then 10 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

well in my opinion it is the best game ever.i dont have to change that just because a few people prefer doom or HL.Why are yous all getting so worked up over a bit of software??i only expressed my veiws!!ok i must admit that H2 was fairly on the dismal side of bad and unorigional but the single player in halo1 and the multiplayer were just fantastic according to me!im sure that in time there will be a better version.(prob next week the way things are coming out these days!)but until then we have to make do with what we got so peace out and whatever u like make sure you enjoy it.in the words of homer himself"if somethings to hard to do then it aint worth doin!!ive probably ranted on there a bit about somethings more than halo but i just cant tell what it is!!probably me giving out about the sad state of my life but anyway thats a different matter!ok im officially finished now so later!

Ever heard of a space-bar? Anyway, to get back on topic, Halo is the most overrated game of our generation. It is a game that seeps dullness from every nook and cranny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

To be fair when Halo came out it was a pretty ground breaking game and very original. Remember how old the game actually is on x-box at least. It must be pushing 5 years now. I thought it was a great game apart from some of the dire levels that looked the same and went on forever. There were enough good parts to keep it interesting though. The ai was good, the graphics and sound were excellent and the use of vehicles was great, especially the banshee. Everyones intitled to their opinion but you can't deny that halo pushed the envelope for console fps games and was one of the sole reasons I bought an x-box.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

To be honest i don't see how anyone can compare halo2 to eg.doom or any other game back years ago. Ok goldeneye i must say was amazing at the time for the N64, i never stopped playing it. but really, how can you say its better than halo2? For me there is nothing better than getting 7 mates around and playing system link on the new multiplayer maps. we used to play 'Headlong' and i must say after about 6 months of playing the same map over and over again we were beginning to get bored of it. but now with the new maps out, it is the unbelivable and i don't see how any1 who has played it dosn't enjoy it.

People saying that Halo2 was the biggest let down ever, tell me why? Ok maybe the storyline was a little bad ok, but other than that compared to halo1 it is 90% better (the 10% lost on the storyline). better guns, vehicles and grapics are just a few things to name. its all about the multiplayer, single player gets a bit boring i must say. i put in halo1 the other day to see what it was like because i hadn't played it in so long and i nearly got sick looking at those graphics. how did i ever play it before?!

anyways enough of that....i hope someone agrees with me. and please don't bite my head off those of you who dont! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

4player split screen Halo2 DM and KotH last night.

****ing rocks! Best fun I've had with the sexbox in ages with a group of mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Halo 1 was a lovely game, great storyline, great action, some nice innovations (recharging shield, only 2 weapons, vehicles), and as some others said it was the main reason i bought an xbox. Its a highly impressive game considering how old it is, but halo 2 was just the exact same, with a more unintelligible storyline, dual weildin and err...better multiplayer. Halo 1 is fa superior to 2. But both pale in comparison to something like HL2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

tbf, online communities never like change. When TFC went to TF1.5 with far better netcode, alot of the older players refused to play it, often because it meant they had to learn new things (people hate to learn new things, it makes them feel stupid).

Alot of CS players will never like CS:Source, and alot of the UT players won't like UT2k4, and say how UT is the better and more balanced game.

On the whole though, Halo2 seems to be a very popular online game, people can't really dispute that, so from that point of view, it could be seen as a good game, regardless of if something is mass drivel or not, though I'd hardly class Halo as Fifa street or the like.

Jazzy himself started with a negative attitude to Halo2, because someone he knew, who was good at Halo1, didn't like all the changes, so the 6 month thing is kinda ballplop ;).

FPS wise, on the console, Halo is the daddy. HL2 is a better game, but also a very different game, Metroid Prime is also very very different. Goldeneye (the original daddy), hasn't really found itself as much success without the bond license (though I personally think Timesplitters is great fun).

so what exactly was groundbreaking about it?
    ive tried throwing it at the ground numerous times and not once did the ground break(tee hee)

but seriously, there was nothing in halo that hadnt been done before and done better.... so what exactly was groundbreaking?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jaggeh wrote:
    so what exactly was groundbreaking about it?
    ive tried throwing it at the ground numerous times and not once did the ground break(tee hee)

but seriously, there was nothing in halo that hadnt been done before and done better.... so what exactly was groundbreaking?

Basically it was on a console and it worked. However you could also say that about the PS1 version of Quake 2 which used the exact same control system. And it was also one of the first games to use shaders.

hardly the revolution people spout on about, could say the same about goldeneye (or doom on the snes anyone)

but it doesnt change the fact that the xbox is a PC, with a sidewinder controller stuck into it, with less functionality(unless you chip it)

so saying it was the first console game to do anything is a bit off. i dont think i can ever accept the xbox as a console, but then again the lines are starting to blur....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

astrofool wrote:
    Jazzy himself started with a negative attitude to Halo2, because someone he knew, who was good at Halo1, didn't like all the changes, so the 6 month thing is kinda ballplop ;).

not really...
    the people i was talking about who I do the 16 player jams with isnt the person ur thinking of, the best player out of the 16 is a HAlo 2 fanatic and could never be swayed.... it was the 15 other ppl who didnt feel the CTF Bloodgulch wasnt what it was... over WAY too quickly and there wasnt the same grand feeling u get in Halo 1 CTF.

but yeah ur rite ppl hate to learn new things if they are already good at doing something a certain way. Halo 2 mplayer on a deathmatch level i think is better then 1 and ofc King of the Hill sword only matches rool but its the big ones that colour my view.... the DM translation doesnt work aswell here im afraid. The single player aswell seemed to me to be a bit hokum... I played through Halo 1 so many times but with 2 ive only ever played through a few levels and they just didnt create the same sense of excitement that halo 1 had for me. plus it seemed to have that xXx (the film, ugh!) factor to it with the master chief. I hope this does not translate to the Halo movie.... "With soundtrack by 50 cent and 'insert lame metal band here' "

(not saying metal is lame... just that there are alot of lame metal bands)

Advertisement