Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MS Windows Video Problem

• 04-10-2005 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I'm using Windows XP Professional using media player 10.

I've installed codecs and stuff like codec pack etc over time.

Anyway, sometime recently (can't remember exactly when or what i was doing) I screwed up how windows media player plays videos.

It's like they play too bright.

Its a problem with my computer becuase I've tried them on other peoples computers and they look grand.

I've uninstalled every codec and pack to no avail. xvid is gone, divx is gone, kazaa lite codec pack is gone.

Nothing seems to fix the bug.

even mpegs have the problem

all videos are playing with wierd colors as if it's too bright or something.

I've tried playing around with the media players gamma/color etc settings but they don't seem to help.

I also tried with nvidias gamma/brightness etc. setting but no luck there either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

try the nvidia gamma/brightness but make sure the channel is set to ALL and not DESKTOP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Slydice wrote:
    Right, I'm using Windows XP Professional using media player 10.

I've installed codecs and stuff like codec pack etc over time.

Anyway, sometime recently (can't remember exactly when or what i was doing) I screwed up how windows media player plays videos.

It's like they play too bright.

Its a problem with my computer becuase I've tried them on other peoples computers and they look grand.

I've uninstalled every codec and pack to no avail. xvid is gone, divx is gone, kazaa lite codec pack is gone.

Nothing seems to fix the bug.

even mpegs have the problem

all videos are playing with wierd colors as if it's too bright or something.

I've tried playing around with the media players gamma/color etc settings but they don't seem to help.

I also tried with nvidias gamma/brightness etc. setting but no luck there either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Updated your nividia drivers recently? you need to open colour control and clcick "apply all", had the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Thanks I'll try this when i get home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Excellent work men, This worked a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

np caught me out along time ago !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

yea hehe me to... and i think it was someone here that told me the fix aswell

Advertisement