Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wait time for fixing a SE K750i

• 04-10-2005 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

I got my K750 at the start of August, but 2 weeks ago the camera stopped working. Brought back into Pan TV on wexford st. where i bought it for them to get it repaired. They said there would be a 7-10 day wait while it was sent back to Sony.

Thats fine, but when I rang back last wednesday wondering what the story with it was, (he rang Sony and got back to me) Pan TV told me that Sony have had to send off to Japan for parts and would be next wed before I got it. I thought wtf, but there was no point in arguing over it.

Went in yesterday, to tell them to ring Sony to make sure it was here on wed, he rang them in front of me and they told him Friday.

Does anyone know is this usual to wait this long for a phone to be fixed? Sony sending to Japan for parts? AFAIK there are thousands of these phones in Ireland, why do they have to send away for parts? And even if they didn't have the parts imo they should have replaced it.

I said all this to the salesman in Pan TV, and said that I will expect them to replace it on Friday if Sony don't deliver, or I will be expecting my money back.

Am I being unreasonable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Linoge wrote:
    I got my K750 at the start of August, but 2 weeks ago the camera stopped working. Brought back into Pan TV on wexford st. where i bought it for them to get it repaired. They said there would be a 7-10 day wait while it was sent back to Sony.

Thats fine, but when I rang back last wednesday wondering what the story with it was, (he rang Sony and got back to me) Pan TV told me that Sony have had to send off to Japan for parts and would be next wed before I got it. I thought wtf, but there was no point in arguing over it.

Went in yesterday, to tell them to ring Sony to make sure it was here on wed, he rang them in front of me and they told him Friday.

Does anyone know is this usual to wait this long for a phone to be fixed? Sony sending to Japan for parts? AFAIK there are thousands of these phones in Ireland, why do they have to send away for parts? And even if they didn't have the parts imo they should have replaced it.

I said all this to the salesman in Pan TV, and said that I will expect them to replace it on Friday if Sony don't deliver, or I will be expecting my money back.

Am I being unreasonable?

I had a V800 that went faulty, brought it direct to the Mobile Phone Repair Company in Dublin and *THREE* weeks later I received a replacement, they had to send it to Sony UK, wait for them to verify problem, and then wait for replacement

Replacement did work fine though :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yes it would take usually 2-3 weeks. it took me around 3 weeks to get a replacement for my 7600 a few months back.

Advertisement