Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the word on 1.03 now?

Options
  • 04-10-2005 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

This was due yesterday wasn't it? What's the latest word on when this 175mb patch is going to hit?

c0y0te

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Should be out today I think I heard somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

its due out today, fileplanet doesnt normally update till 10am pst tho so your looking at 6pm over here i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Soem nice stuff in this patch....showing up on map supply drops.....stopping the stupid people punsihing for arti team kills......special ops gets points and so on!!! cant wait! also wake island map is included isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Client side patch due at 4pm

please tell me that isnt 4pm pst...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

4PM GMT+1 or 4PM in some random american timezone?

snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I can imagine just about everyone being spec ops over the next day or so just to get points on enemy assets... :p

Should be fun defending them :)

Repair points to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I wonder will spec ops blow each other up en route to the commander assets so that they can get all the points? (insert evil laugh 5012)

mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.....

• Advertisement

Anyone have full list of updates and new features? the BF2 site has a few listed but not much....I would guess there is alot more changes......the vehicle fix is great!! that really pi**ed me off!!

Special Ops will be the same as when the demo came out......everyone was a Special Op....remember on the TIG demo server and there was about 30 Special ops all running around......was very funny!! I will just stick with my anti tank till I get that badge and then at that stage everyone will have gone back to normal so will try out special ops then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Keyzer wrote:
    I wonder will spec ops blow each other up en route to the commander assets so that they can get all the points? (insert evil laugh 5012)

mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.....
    lol!!!
    Do an UAV and see nearly all the enemy swarming towards your assets while the flags are empty...
    Sure gonna be fun!

4PM bst , which is british summer time , same as our own :)

Sweet. Something tells me I'm going to be breaking my poxy 8gb UTV cap again this month.

can we get this mirrored locally asap. fileplanet is a hoooer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Guess i can go & install bf2 again then now :D
    Be ready for me comin back ;)

Berns wrote:
    Guess i can go & install bf2 again then now :D
    Be ready for me comin back ;)

Welcome back....see you later for a knife fight later!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Big Nelly wrote:
    Anyone have full list of updates and new features? the BF2 site has a few listed but not much....
    Direct from ea's site:
    New Features
    Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature!
    Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list!
    Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle!
    Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker!
    Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice!
    Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time!
    Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats.
    Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare!
    Tweaks
    Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers.
    Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated.
    Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well).
    Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery!
    Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions.
    Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch.
    Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

i'd imagine every server is going to be swamped so we wont get the patches working till tonight, then there'll be some problem with the patch and we'll all have to revert to previous version again and then....

Well you get the idea. I'm in a very negative mood today :p

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

I just broke 300,000 on the rankings. Take that!

• Advertisement

DannyD wrote:
    Direct from ea's site:
    New Features
    Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature!
    Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list!
    Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle!
    Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker!
    Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice!
    Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time!
    Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats.
    Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare!
    Tweaks
    Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers.
    Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated.
    Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well).
    Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery!
    Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions.
    Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch.
    Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers.

yeah these are the ones I have already mentioned on the BF2 website....there is usually a list of about 2 pages with all the minir changes to map and so on!!

I never use Spec Ops, hate them.

I'll be using my usual sniping kit, but instead this time I'll be waiting for all the Spec Ops on a nice grassy hillside...ho ho.....yes....indeed

engineers will be in more demand , but will less points for fixing than Spec ops get for destroying.

Well, one spec ops only has enough c4 to blow up 2 assets and damage a third, so he will need to bugger off and resupply, or get killed and respawn. Engineer can repair pretty much indefinately.

Also, mobileinfantry, as I mentioned before, snipers smell of piss ;)

Well do what I used to....position yourself a good bit away in cover from arti....call in supplies.......blow up everything......wait for commander to drop his supplies to fix.......pop over again and blow up along with supplies,.....back and hide......if anyone comes dont fire....wait till they get peaved and walk away and go again and blow up....cause I wastn getting points I soon got sick of that and changed to assault and now blow up everything with genrade launcher! lol

The nade launcher doesn't have enough punch to blow up the commander assets. If there's an engineer around to fix the assets the commander won't need to drop a resupply box for the spec ops to whore off. 'Course if Mr. Spec ops brings his ammo-spamming support friend, he's in business. The two of them could easily massacre any engineers hanging around and blow up all the assets at their leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Stephen wrote:
    Also, mobileinfantry, as I mentioned before, snipers smell of piss ;)

... 'til they save your bacon when they clear a path / cover fire as you're assaulting opposed - ungrateful jarhead! :D;)

I had my proudest sniper moment last night. Took out 3 people, was attacked from behind by 4 people, killed one with an unscoped shot from a few meters away, shot two more with a pistol, was killed by the last one, and just as I died, a claymore I had laid blew him up.

They probably thought I was amazingly skilled; but I knew it was just pure luck for the most part ;)

Anyway, I love Sniper. I like Anti- Tank as well, but EA's interpetation of real life that Anti-Tank crews must be equiped with sh1te weapons in order to balance out their - rather weak actually - anti armour prowess really annoys me and I only pick them if a flag point is being overrun etc.

I have played as engineer once, shotgun isn't really great at eh....long range enemies on the other end of the map, so I had to perch hidden in the corner off my base, to run out blasting when I thought they were near, didn't even hit anyone as they were out of range (about 10 meters away :rolleyes: ), and was shot dead.

Assault is alright, play the odd time, but there's just something about the good old sniper...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I had my proudest sniper moment last night. Took out 3 people, was attacked from behind by 4 people, killed one with an unscoped shot from a few meters away, shot two more with a pistol, was killed by the last one, and just as I died, a claymore I had laid blew him up.

They probably thought I was amazingly skilled; but I knew it was just pure luck for the most part ;)

Anyway, I love Sniper. I like Anti- Tank as well, but EA's interpetation of real life that Anti-Tank crews must be equiped with sh1te weapons in order to balance out their - rather weak actually - anti armour prowess really annoys me and I only pick them if a flag point is being overrun etc.

I have played as engineer once, shotgun isn't really great at eh....long range enemies on the other end of the map, so I had to perch hidden in the corner off my base, to run out blasting when I thought they were near, didn't even hit anyone as they were out of range (about 10 meters away :rolleyes: ), and was shot dead.

Assault is alright, play the odd time, but there's just something about the good old sniper...

I believe along with smelling like piss, all snipers are gay too, and retarded...

• Advertisement

Keyzer wrote:
    I believe along with smelling like piss, all snipers are gay too, and retarded...

In denial, are we?

Advertisement