Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 2, Counter Strike etc on Mobile Phones

Options
  • 04-10-2005 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Only works on higher end symbian phones, such as 6600 and 6630, although I think there are compatiability issues with 6680.

Its called C2Doom, look it up in Google, and it was created to play Doom, Doom2, and other Doom wad files. You can easily get the wads from an install directly or plain from the net.

It supports bluetooth deathmatch and even co-op play. I played Doom Co-Op last night with a friend, he as 6600, I have 6630.

But the program can play other wads. Quake 2, Half Life and Counter Strike working, if you have any problems loading these wads renaming them to tnt.wad should help.

Counter strike doesn't have a crosshair, but still playable. Quake 2 running fine at low res.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,348 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any good single players games?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

<3 my 6600 atm.

doom + doom2 :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Hehe.. you'd think people would get tired of porting doom to platforms you have an interface that renders it unplayable. It's like porting linux to run on your toaster.

far from "unplayable" tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Half Life

linkage please? i have a 6680 but i'm more interested in getting a half life wad to work on my psp (where i have doom running perfectly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Doom works on my P900 but the control system is fair from easy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Doom RPG... yes RPG out for phones soon, apprently...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2005/10/04/doomed_again.html

pokemon crystal on meh phone ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

What games can you get wad files for.

Advertisement