Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie question

Options
  • 10-09-2001 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

was thinking of buying meself a copy of quake3 arena, all u ppl couldnt be wrong in saying its so good! :D so i was wondering is there a whole sh!t loada d/ling to do to patch it up when i actually get it? is it true every1 is lpbs and it will take u years yonkers to actually figure out what the hell is going on? any other newb advice muchly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Well tbh all you have to do is get the latest pcgamer to get the patch even though afaik all you need is the latest point release which is <20mb,

fairly easy game to pick up at but as they all are, not easy to mast0r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

its very easy to get into, because its very straight forward (shoot the other ppl, avoid getting caught). it is mainly lpb's, but you can always find servers that suit you... and players about your skill level to play against. theres also loads of mods you can get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jester

also if i buy q3 arena from america will it work over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya that will work fine... my q3 cd came from america originally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

yeah most if not all pc games from america work here i got black & white from america!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jester

thanks for the info guys, being most helpful, refreshing change from ahahaha look at the newbie etc etc etc etc

Thankfully that never happened to me but i remember it happening to a newbie called MEAT (a friend of mine) he got the piss ripped out of him! ahhh those were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Jester
    thanks for the info guys, being most helpful, refreshing change from ahahaha look at the newbie etc etc etc etc

AHAHAHAHAH LOOK AT TEH NEWBIE!! etc etc!

I knew there was something i forgot to say to him thanks for reminding me amp. lol

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The problem with MEAT (who is still a member of this community iirc) is that the first day he arrived he decided to lay into a few of the oldest members here :)

I think everyone will tell you that the online gamers (esp the quakers) are a very sociable bunch of people and I for one have made a lot of new mates who are now old mates because of it...

DeVore.

• Advertisement

he certinly did lay into them especially MP when he told him to F**K off back to the cs boards! Which i think you'll agree was one of the funniest posts ever!

Advertisement