Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Two and Three

• 04-10-2005 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Sky are hoping to kill the launch of ITV4 on November 1st with a new channel of their own, a day earlier.

On October 31st, Sky will be launching Sky Three, to air drama, lifestyle and travel programmes, as well as shows like '24' some 12-18 months after being first-run on Sky One.

Sky Mix is going to be renamed Sky Two...because that worked out so well the first time ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sky Three

Sky's Science Channel for the more intellegent Chav

6:00 Sunday to Saturday double Brainiac Science Abuse

Sky Four

Sky's Arts Channel for the more upmarket Chav

6:00 Sunday to Saturday double Brainiac History Abuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i wonder will Sky Three appear on ntl and Chorus in this country from launch?

as for the name Sky Two. much better than Sky Mix imo even if Sky Two failed miserable last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What will happen to SKY onc? Will it be rebranded again to fit in with the others?

dear lord.. I can't believe Sky Two is coming back.... that was the Xena Warrior Princess Channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

i wonder will Sky Three appear on ntl and Chorus in this country from launch?

The article I read said that it'd be taking over from Sky Travel on Freeview in the UK, so I don't know if that'll impact ntl/Chorus over here.
    I can't believe Sky Two is coming back.... that was the Xena Warrior Princess Channel.

Well they did move 'Melrose Place' first-run over to Sky 2 @ the time, plus they showed 'Profit' and 'Kindred: The Embraced', so I quite liked it for the few months it was around :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

TCamen wrote:
    The article I read said that it'd be taking over from Sky Travel on Freeview in the UK

yes, it is replacing Sky Travel on Freeview. Sky Travel will remain on all other platforms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

yes, it is replacing Sky Travel on Freeview. Sky Travel will remain on all other platforms

That's what I said - replacing Travel on Freeview.

According to the link below from Digital Spy, Sky Three will be launching across all digital platforms on October 31st @ 5pm, so that would include ntl in the UK, but whether it will appear on the Irish ntl service as well, there's still no mention.

DigitalSpy Article

Did ntl/Chorus broadcast Sky Mix from launch or did they take a while to get it? Just it might be the same with Three?

The only reason I ever use Mix is to sky plus repeats of something that was on Sky Onc earlier in the week, but since Three is going to be showing only much older shows, I don't think I'll be too bothered past tuning in for the launch.

Advertisement