Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd wrighter

• 08-10-1999 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

well its on the right bord now . it just keeps failing after i have fully written a cd . it dose the test phase fine no probs but when i have finished wrighting the cd it reports errors . i found out what the errors do . they seem to allow the auto run to work on the cd's but when i try using the program as in the example sim city it wont notice that the cd is in the drive and tells me that i should insert the cd into the drive . any ids why im reely ****ed at the thing now and am looking to throw it against the wall any ids what it could be ??? elexes on his knees killing the cd-wrighter ..... thx lads . now did someone want a playstation .... me thinks so o the other bord right .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

smile.gif

Bleedin CD writers. I've spent the last week trying to get an old Sony/Trace machine talking on my SCSI bus, but to no avail...

Anyho, what s/w are you using? What h/w? The CD may be writing properly, but if you are trying to *back up* a well known gaming title etc. you may be running into anti copy problems. Have you tried to burn a few simple files, just to verify? Try cutting a simple text file, or perhaps some of those interesting images that one finds on your hardisk from time to time. If you can read it back, the process works. If not, try changing some of the burn settings.

There you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its pronbably the fact that you should be writing instead of wrighting.

goto your cd writer software menu in the programs menu.
    click on the help file.
    click on index
    type in problem
    read.
    solve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

if i was trying to back up lets say my copy of emm off the top of my head quake2 or avp or lets say a microsoft product what probloms would i occur when wrighting it ?? and more importantly how would i stop it .

did that dosent work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

are you coping the cd or are you coping the files?

by this i mean are you comping the files from the cd by copy cd or copy file?

try writing to your hard drive first and burn from there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

That Sim City thing sounds like it's just a copy protection problem. All games will have copy protection now to prevent people with a cd writer copying them though cracks are easy to find.

Older games like Quake2 has no copy protection at all and you should have no problems copying it.

Also, what copying software are you using?

You gonna to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

i have nero but havent used that one yet but i also have adobe cd creater . and some others what 1 u use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Nero is good. EasiCD is good.
    Is it Scsi ? If so reduce transfer rates in Scsi bios.
    Kill all running processes/progs except systray & explorer (assuming 95/9 sunglasses.gif
    Disconnect from LAN.
    Try Burn from h/d instead of CD. Does this work ?
    Visit www.cdfreaks.com for copy protection info. Only for backing up your originals mind.

If none of this works buy a decent cd burner.

Let go of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

How did that smiley get in there ? Its supposed to be an 8. I cant fuggin do them when I want to.
    Bloody computers.

Advertisement