Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Decent car covers

Options
  • 04-10-2005 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi there,

Can anyone suggest a decent make of car cover and also a good place in Dublin to get one? Bloody bird*** is breaking my heart!

thanks,

Steffen

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Seeing as most of them are basically giant plastic bags I don't think there's much difference between makes :)

Argos do them at a decent price, I think Lidl or maybe Aldi do them every now and then too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

We had an Argos one that was genuinely terrible - I was hoping for something with weights or elastic to at least keep the thing secured.

I'll take a look up in Aldi now.

thanks a mil :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

ssh wrote:
    We had an Argos one that was genuinely terrible - I was hoping for something with weights or elastic to at least keep the thing secured.

I'll take a look up in Aldi now.

thanks a mil :-)
    A friend of mine had an argos one before that was quite good, altough I can't remember how it was held on.

Aldi/Lidl only do them a specials I think so they may not have any at the moment, check their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

ssh wrote:

check out www.covercraft-europe.com - the top of the range ones are mad money (but worth it) but they do dust cover type ones stitched to match your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

There are cheap ones and expensive ones in Argos.....we got the cheap one and it was exacltly that....totally useless!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

The Argos ones sweats your car had 2 different ones and binned them.
    The light ones that let only heavy rain in [will run off water around windows and gaps] are good as rain wont do harm,
    but cats, birds, soot, frost etc will.Got a good one in Bradshaw's auto factors in Newbridge about 40 euros. M to XLL which will cover a car up to about 18foot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

fletch wrote:
    There are cheap ones and expensive ones in Argos.....we got the cheap one and it was exacltly that....totally useless!

Yup, complete rubbish. Ended up going back and buying the most expensive one after a few weeks, much better :)

Advertisement