Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz Weekend 2005

Options
  • 04-10-2005 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Well, who is doing what for this years event?

For me its shaping up quite nicely so far:

Friday: Cork City Vs St Pats, then into the Metropole.

Saturday : Metropole for early Jazz at 3pm, LV for about 5 for the annual session, then Opera House at 8 for Cartoon and Incognito

Sunday : Metropole for early Jazz again, then off to a crawl around a few pubs before going to the jazz club in the Imperial with "Cartoon and Friends"! Some great double-bass playing and sax expected here.

Monday : Take it easy for the most part, but into the Metropole for the festival club for about 9pm.

Looking like a hectic, but bloody expensive weekend.

I know alot of people leave for this weekend (for reasons I cannot figure out!), so if so, where you off to? Or if you are around, what ya up to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Well I've organised a photobloggers/bloggers/flickr meetup for that saturday, so I suppose thats my saturday and sunday covered anyway. Can't stand jazz but too lazy to get out of the city...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Yippee the first Jazz weekend I'll be able to go down for in ages where I'll be on the beer as opposed to working on the other side of the bar!! Heading to Incognito on the Sat. nite.. really looking forward to it!! :D Definitely have been missing Cork over last year or so.. hope it'll be a great session :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I was looking forward to this year's Jazz weekend for the chance to check out the Jazz in the Metropole, but it's a mate's 25th birthday so I'm going over to London for a long weekend on the piss. (So, much the same as I'd end up doing here I suppose...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'll probably sit at home with a few cans. The pubs are way to crowded that weekend. Hell, I might even head away somewhere for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I did the Jazz/Metropole thing when I was 18 and 19. Now I just leave, or hibernate in my house. One of the big problems I have with it is that some pubs only sell Guinness products during the course of the festival.

TBH, I wouldn't mind if the majority of people came for the Jazz, but in reality is just a huge piss-up

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm having a house party on the Sunday*. You couldn't drag me into town on the Jazz Weekend.

adam

* Don't bother RSVPing, you're not invited unless you receive a key via email in the next few days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well i'm not sure if i will be working for it, dont think we had anything to do with it last year anyway, so if not i'll just stay at home, cos i'm skint. getting paid once a month is a pure balls.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I'm having a house party on the Sunday*. You couldn't drag me into town on the Jazz Weekend.

adam

* Don't bother RSVPing, you're not invited unless you receive a key via email in the next few days. :)

huh ? What happened to dahamsta ? Though it did strike me that K Shabby was a bit acerbic for a newbie..

Now that we're all grown up and have kids we no longer do anything for the Jazz but this year we have booked the Brittany Ferries Jazz Cruise which might be a bit different...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just to confirm - Cartoon are doing a single launch in Imperial Hotel on Sunday 30th.

Definitely one to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

parsi wrote:
    huh ? What happened to dahamsta ?
    He was naughty and got banned. Apparently his handle is working again now, but he kinda likes being Ken Shabby. He hasn't had it for weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Incognito and Cartoon last night in the Opera was a top class gig, whole crowd were really into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

gimmick wrote:
    Incognito and Cartoon last night in the Opera was a top class gig, whole crowd were really into it.

Yeah it was absolutely brilliant, great atmosphere and excellent show.. definitely glad I went!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 complex

QUESTION: is there jazz in cork from october to october?
    from where im looking there isnt, and 99% of cork people
    dont know jazz from siberian local politics....

still a party is a party ............they should have it in summer..............it must be organised by the people who brought you cork 2005 city of .........ah to hell with it.

Advertisement